R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-11-2005, 12:36 PM   #151
Tech Legend

How to tune your brush motor...

#1 Grind com down again... ( $200 lathe required)
#2 Solder on a fresh set of $6 brush`s .... ( $older iron required)
#3 Change $3 set of spring`s....

This is`nt tuning .....

This is expensive maintenance [email protected]!

BDW
And after you cut the thing 20 or 30 times...
Its time to buy another one ......

best of luck keeping up with me.....

Its gona be expensive.....

Me ?

I be spending that money on my ride & getting more track time than you can...

TURTLES !!!!

You will soon realize Mod is the future & stock is just more expensive....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:38 PM   #152
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
George.....brushless has a future....no doubt about it.

I have one in development, as you have ....just I don't see the rush, especially win every AE/LRP driver ditches them in favor of brushed motors at the Worlds.....they have yet to win a big race (sorry Barry, Halloween doesn't count), except with a Prototype in a scandalous ruling (no offense to Jon Orr, you drove the lights out of that thing)....

And if you think the performance has not degraded....you are sadly mistaken.....I guarantee that thing would dyno less than a new one.....the copper fatigues, ask any engineer....

Enough with the brushless crap......tired of hearing it.....you guys are blinded by the brushless tech.

Later EddieO

Preach it brutha'!

Nothing man-made is perfect, nor ever will be. B/L has to abide by the same laws of physics as everything else.
Phatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #153
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
TURTLES !!!!

You will soon realize Mod is the future & stock is just more expensive....

You will soon realize that you are a fool......
Old 11-11-2005, 12:42 PM   #154
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Beem me up Scotty
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:43 PM   #155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Again, your inexperience is showing. yes like I said earlier I've been doing this for 1 1/2 years but unlike yourself I keep the excuses down to a minimun.

National events, I'm talking about club racing

Foams wear out to fast... I've trued down new tires down to 56mm to get better performance in stock. if you don't want to spend it on tires, Your going to spend it someplace else, At any level of racing this demands money

Last but not least EddieO says This thread is stupid.....Just shut up and race.

You have the right to state your opinion but
indirectly kinda of way every new driver who has to race against some lifer stock driver is stupid. As a man who running a motor company you see thing only from your point of view
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:44 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

These threads are RETARDED!!!! A novice class at the Snowbirds or The Nats is probably the least intelligent idea I've ever heard!!! These are top level races for top level racers. Why does everyone want to make this hobby easier? Cheaper is fine, but alot of the reason many of us do this is because it's CHALLENGING!!! I wanna run with Cuffs, Dayger, Pulfer, Denton, Smyka etc. These guys are great, and if I can hang with them, then I know I'm accomplishing something. Move the good folks outta the class and you longer have a Yardstick to measure how "fast" a driver you are. Plenty of Stock racers think they're fast and they're being beaten by equipment because they can drive around the track for 5 mins. and not hit anything, but if you look at the laptimes of some "factory driver", they're oddly .5 or .6 sec faster on average. So the slow guys start whining about equipment. Of course when you go look at the slow guys car, they've got seized bearings in the drivetrain, a broken front wheel, and a bound up set of steering bellcranks. Not to mention their lines on the track suck. I know I went through a "they win with batteries" phase back in the early 90's, but back then it was true.

The real deal is this, If any of the whiners gave Smyka or Pulfer their worst batteries and motors, Smyka or Pulfer would still beat the whiners, and this is what their actually complaining about. They don't have a chance at winning, because they don't have the talent, so they want everybody better than them moved to a new class.

You want a simple answer? Everyone complaining on this issue is more than welcome to buy Trinity Spec cars, Batteries and Motors, and hold their own events. When somebody wins an A-main at one of those events, they are then forever banned from racing in those events. Pretty soon everybody in your group will win a race with the exception of the last guy, who won't have anybody to race with.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:50 PM   #157
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
These threads are RETARDED!!!! A novice class at the Snowbirds or The Nats is probably the least intelligent idea I've ever heard!!! These are top level races for top level racers. Why does everyone want to make this hobby easier? Cheaper is fine, but alot of the reason many of us do this is because it's CHALLENGING!!! I wanna run with Cuffs, Dayger, Pulfer, Denton, Smyka etc. These guys are great, and if I can hang with them, then I know I'm accomplishing something. Move the good folks outta the class and you longer have a Yardstick to measure how "fast" a driver you are. Plenty of Stock racers think they're fast and they're being beaten by equipment because they can drive around the track for 5 mins. and not hit anything, but if you look at the laptimes of some "factory driver", they're oddly .5 or .6 sec faster on average. So the slow guys start whining about equipment. Of course when you go look at the slow guys car, they've got seized bearings in the drivetrain, a broken front wheel, and a bound up set of steering bellcranks. Not to mention their lines on the track suck. I know I went through a "they win with batteries" phase back in the early 90's, but back then it was true.

The real deal is this, If any of the whiners gave Smyka or Pulfer their worst batteries and motors, Smyka or Pulfer would still beat the whiners, and this is what their actually complaining about. They don't have a chance at winning, because they don't have the talent, so they want everybody better than them moved to a new class.

You want a simple answer? Everyone complaining on this issue is more than welcome to buy Trinity Spec cars, Batteries and Motors, and hold their own events. When somebody wins an A-main at one of those events, they are then forever banned from racing in those events. Pretty soon everybody in your group will win a race with the exception of the last guy, who won't have anybody to race with.
Now that is funny And true
Old 11-11-2005, 12:50 PM   #158
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatkat
Try to tune that brushless. Try to make it faster without adding cells. Tell me how that works out for you.
You dont need to tune it. If you are good enough to run a 7 turn which has more power than the gtb then you are already running mod with the factory guys. My statement came because everyone thinks that mod is more expensive than stock.... Now you only have to buy tires....and broken parts. Stop trying to degrade brushless. It works, especially on a club level where 98% of the people that race are at.
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:53 PM   #159
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtc3od
You dont need to tune it. If you are good enough to run a 7 turn which has more power than the gtb then you are already running mod with the factory guys. My statement came because everyone thinks that mod is more expensive than stock.... Now you only have to buy tires....and broken parts. Stop trying to degrade brushless. It works, especially on a club level where 98% of the people that race are at.

I'm not degrading anything. I'm saying your tuning options are limited with a B/L. Refer to a previous post of mine, mod IS more expensive. Get over it.....
Old 11-11-2005, 12:53 PM   #160
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatkat
One Green Machine, raw, untuned-abt. $30.

One Reedy Ti, untuned-abt. $70

I can run one GM for almost two TC seasons. = $15/season.

I can get by with two mods per season. = $140/season.

I can't make it any clearer.

Here it is.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:57 PM   #161
Tech Regular

Not if you go brushless. Trust me, with brushed its no comparison because of the motors eating brushes so often. What else do you have to buy other than spare parts and tires. Both of those you have to buy when racing stock so there is no difference. Yes tires wear out quicker in mod. The off set is that you dont have to buy brushes, new stock motors, comm lathe, bushing oil, motor springs, brushhood alignment bar, etc.
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:03 PM   #162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtc3od
Not if you go brushless. Trust me, with brushed its no comparison because of the motors eating brushes so often. What else do you have to buy other than spare parts and tires. Both of those you have to buy when racing stock so there is no difference. Yes tires wear out quicker in mod. The off set is that you dont have to buy brushes, new stock motors, comm lathe, bushing oil, motor springs, brushhood alignment bar, etc.
Brushless is great right now because it's new, but pretty soon you'll see the same cycle with Brushless that you see with Brushed technology. If ROAR had any cojones they'd open up the Brushed rules to allow rare earth mags like brushless, bigger brushes, and 5 segment arms, then running brushed wouldn't be as expensive, Of course with brushless I would have to have a speedo the size of a cinderblock in my car that STILL requires I mount a fan on it to keep it from overheating with a fast motor!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:03 PM   #163
Tech Fanatic

way i look at it like jeff cuff he is a top driver i bet you with a slow motor
and 2year old batterys will still beat you.it's not motors, it;s not battery ,all the time
it;s track time to get better and faster work on driving then spend the money
on good stuff . i think all big races sould have novice becuse with out new
and young driver comeing into this sport we have nothing ....
so please let just get along
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:03 PM   #164
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Brushless groupies are like thread herpes......they spread all over from incidental reading.....

How a move out of stock arguement thread turns into a brushless will cure the RC world thread is beyond me...

Dawgmeat, I understand what your saying.....but there simply is some guys, who have tried to run mod and have no luck...reflexes were just there. I would rather have them IN the hobby, having fun in a class they enjoy, spending THEIR money how they want to....

Guys who quit because the lifer stocker beats them every week.....well, after racing for almost 20 years, I can tell you, without a doubt those guys would of found some other excuse to quit anyways....

The shut up and race comment, was just meant to say....that all this bitching and whining rarely does anything.....except, possibly turn off people from the hobby who may be surfing the internet...and found this forum.

Later EddieO
Old 11-11-2005, 01:10 PM   #165
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Brushless groupies are like thread herpes......they spread all over from incidental reading.....

Actually, they sound more like crack dealers-"Try it, you'll love it." Next thing you know, you've lost 40 pounds, can't find your house, and you can't stop shaking. Seen it a thousand times.