R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree25Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #526
Tech Adept
 
massenb203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamlooper View Post
If it was an auction yeah, but as it stands right now I doubt it.
__________________
Henry Massenburg

Team C Racing USA, TC10 2015
Ho-B Max
USVTA Member #230
massenb203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #527
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 25
Default

I finally just canceled the payment through PayPal.

I'm not sure how this scam works, tbh, or what the point was. Maybe if I didn't cancel the payment in time, it would charge once a certain date had passed or something.
Raketemensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #528
Tech Regular
 
RedBMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Race day #9. USGT round 1-4. Gearing change did make a difference. I'm still off but getting closer.

https://youtu.be/2S82NO_g1YU
Keep it up. Like others suggested I'd stay 48p. I'm still running 48p a year later. The only disadvantage of 48p is being able to super fine tune your gearing, but thats a minimal time advantage, like 0.05s per lap. As you're fast 3 are almost 4 whole seconds off there is no advantage for 64p. With 48p, I run a 72t or 69t Xray or Serpent spur gear in USGT. This should work without a problem for you. Good luck and keep practicing your lines you'll get there!


If it were my brother I'd give him this same advice; focus on hitting the racing line on all turns and dont worry about top speed. Speed comes with the consistent, tight corners and not down the straight.
__________________
Follow, race proven, Prolix RC on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ProlixRC/
RedBMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:51 PM   #529
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,074
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBMaster View Post
Keep it up. Like others suggested I'd stay 48p. I'm still running 48p a year later. The only disadvantage of 48p is being able to super fine tune your gearing, but thats a minimal time advantage, like 0.05s per lap. As you're fast 3 are almost 4 whole seconds off there is no advantage for 64p. With 48p, I run a 72t or 69t Xray or Serpent spur gear in USGT. This should work without a problem for you. Good luck and keep practicing your lines you'll get there!


If it were my brother I'd give him this same advice; focus on hitting the racing line on all turns and dont worry about top speed. Speed comes with the consistent, tight corners and not down the straight.
Finally able to get past being redirected to some walmart/Amazon gift card thing

Thanks. But I'm staying with the 64p for now. Tires were shot going into last race. They had already done 4 days( 12 races plus practice). New tires would be have made even bigger improvements.
I've tried 5 different gearing combinations this year, plus 4-5 last year before my only race. Car felt better this past race then before. By no means do I think 64p is the savior. Just another step. Improving my consistency would help. But practice is limited to race days only. As much as I can drive during week, no surface I've got is quite same as the prepared surface for races.
Brakes are next on list. We've had a 2 week break. I've driven all my other TC over that time. All have better braking. I'm still looking for how to adjust esc settings for brakes.
I've got 6 race days left before a most likely 8 months break till next year. See how it goes.
massenb203 likes this.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #530
Tech Regular
 
RedBMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Improving my consistency would help. But practice is limited to race days only. As much as I can drive during week, no surface I've got is quite same as the prepared surface for races.
It's not even a consistency issue. I watched the video and didn't see one lap where you hit all the turns properly. You're in the exact same situation as my buddy. You just need practice, even if it's a videogame using your RC remote. Practice is practice no matter what. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with working on your car and setup, but there is no substitute for practice! EVER!
__________________
Follow, race proven, Prolix RC on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ProlixRC/
RedBMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:18 AM   #531
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,074
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBMaster View Post
It's not even a consistency issue. I watched the video and didn't see one lap where you hit all the turns properly. You're in the exact same situation as my buddy. You just need practice, even if it's a videogame using your RC remote. Practice is practice no matter what. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with working on your car and setup, but there is no substitute for practice! EVER!
On average I drive about an hour a day. Even got a personal timing system for cars. But can only really practice day of. Layout changes every week. 2 at most. So I have no idea what track layout will look like till I arrive.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #532
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,074
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Original body has finally taken enuff abuse to be no longer used for races. Trying roof camera mount. Not best but it's a start.

Test #1

https://youtu.be/MTAQFXiL9uY

Test #2. On track layout

https://youtu.be/j6jW92rBNQU
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #533
Tech Master
 
E1 Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East TN
Posts: 1,393
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Took the TQ and win in first 17.5 TC race with the BT4 this weekend. Great car out the box.

I had gearing advice from a fellow racer also running this car. This super inexpensive kit is really helping to fill out our local 17.5 TC class.
massenb203 likes this.
E1 Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:43 AM   #534
Tech Adept
 
massenb203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1 Diablo View Post
Took the TQ and win in first 17.5 TC race with the BT4 this weekend. Great car out the box.

I had gearing advice from a fellow racer also running this car. This super inexpensive kit is really helping to fill out our local 17.5 TC class.
Great Job!!
__________________
Henry Massenburg

Team C Racing USA, TC10 2015
Ho-B Max
USVTA Member #230
massenb203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:20 AM   #535
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,074
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Race day #10. Rounds 1-4. Very different layout this week.

https://youtu.be/rM86enNEYsc
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #536
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,074
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Race day #11. Rounds 1-4. Just couldn't break the 28 lap mark

https://youtu.be/nC43UQ2vQcU
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:22 PM   #537
Tech Master
 
kamlooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: kamloops
Posts: 1,999
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

BSR BT4 vrs Sakura XI Sport...anyone own both? Any preference over the other?
HK just released an updated TD10 V2, which is essentially an xi sport
kamlooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:45 PM   #538
Tech Master
 
E1 Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East TN
Posts: 1,393
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Practicing with a fellow racer with BT4 at local track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pWXwa6Hjgg

BT4 is white with blue stripes (plus light kit). Yellow car is a TC5.
massenb203 likes this.
E1 Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:22 PM   #539
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,074
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Race day #12

Rounds 1-2

https://youtu.be/wMzLSDl0wM0

Rounds 3-4

https://youtu.be/DRPT-TXCW7w
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #540
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,074
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Race day #13.

https://youtu.be/PqgbQ96SfHI
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:00 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net