R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Robitronics II Dyno (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/89878-robitronics-ii-dyno.html)

cclifton 11-08-2005 01:38 PM

Robitronics II Dyno

I am considering buying one of these and I was wondering if anyones has any comments on them. I am 90% sure this is the dyno I want but I would like to get peoples comments on them.

Thanks
Chris

Pace72 11-08-2005 01:40 PM

i have one and i really like it....really more accurate than the fantom!

Pace

EddieO 11-08-2005 01:47 PM

The Robi is a nice piece, we use ours quite a bit...

As for the fantom, well.....a airplane prop and a digital multimeter is more accurate than that piece of crap....

Later EddieO

cclifton 11-08-2005 02:47 PM

Thanks for your comments.....they are helpfull in my decision.

xrcbuggy 11-08-2005 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by cclifton
I am considering buying one of these and I was wondering if anyones has any comments on them. I am 90% sure this is the dyno I want but I would like to get peoples comments on them.

Thanks
Chris

Where are you going to buy one? Are you buying a used one?

cclifton 11-08-2005 06:34 PM

I found a used one that was sent for upgrades a year ago.

xrcbuggy 11-08-2005 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by cclifton
I found a used one that was sent for upgrades a year ago.

Thanks, I figuer that might be the case, now days no one is making dyno no more.

vassago 11-08-2005 10:26 PM

what makes you say that? It is still listed on the Robitronic website and you can still buy it new in Germany.

Love mine :lol:

cclifton 11-08-2005 10:52 PM

what is the robitronics website?

vassago 11-08-2005 10:55 PM

www.robitronic.com

There should be an option to switch to English somewhere.

EddieO 11-09-2005 12:36 AM

You can order directly from Robitronic or I am a dealer of their products...

The Dyno is still a current item, that recently just got some updates for todays super high current motors.....

Later EddieO

vassago 11-09-2005 12:47 AM

Do you know what kinds of updates Eddie?
Just the upgrade to Pro master II or even newer updates?

erock1331 11-09-2005 06:20 AM

Eddie O,
I used to swear by my Robi dyno. Anytime I spun up a stock motor the higher motor always ran better on the track.

But once the Epic Roar Stock motor came out, it kinda threw me for a loop.
I not only looked at max watts, but i set the amp steps (bottom table) to view 18-30 range. A Monster motor 9 times out of 10 would put the Epic motor to shame in wattage.

I had 3 Monsters that pulled 128-133 watts at 7.5v input, but yet was a lap faster with an Epic Roar stock motor pulling only like 120-122 watts. I know I had the correct rollout for both motors (as I have been running stock at my oval track for 5 years now) and had the track record at the time.

The only think the Epic had more of was RPM. On average about 800-1200 more RPM when looking at the 22 amp range.

Have you seen this happening ?

I still think anytime you can take a stock motor (with more RPM and gear it down) it is going to be faster than a high watt / high torque motor.
Otherwise we would be running P2K's in oval cause they seem to pull the most Watts compared to any other stocker out there. And you just dont see people running them in oval.

seaball 11-09-2005 07:55 AM

erock,

we are seeing the same thing, here at the gate, for onroad applications. it's not that the robi is covering anything up. it tells the story accurately.

we use the power graph for our analysis. the roar stocks show way better power later than the monsters. they rarely peak as high as the monsters, but the power curve is wider and later in time. the roar stock motors show their torque higher in the rpm range. one of the things i'd like to see in the robi software is a table plotted in time steps containing rpm and torque at each step (like the fantom ;) ) perhaps i just haven't explored it enough.

a fairly useful tool in the robi software is the ability to show a calculated average power number over a user defined window. it is only definable by current numbers, but you can use the graph to estimate the values of the other parameters at any current level. as soon as you know what your operating current levels are on the track, you can select your end points and let the software tell the the average power over that range. that has rarely steered us wrong.

erock1331 11-09-2005 08:04 AM

seaball
I agree, the calculated average watt number was always a great tool for me as well.

For Oval Stock motors - Set it to caclulate the average watts for 18-26 amps.
Anytime you hit 100 watts - Hold on to it, lol !!!!!