Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Motor Problems Tamiya Brushless 10.5T TBLM-01S & ESC 01S TBLE-01 Sensored >

Motor Problems Tamiya Brushless 10.5T TBLM-01S & ESC 01S TBLE-01 Sensored

Motor Problems Tamiya Brushless 10.5T TBLM-01S & ESC 01S TBLE-01 Sensored

Old 11-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Motor Problems Tamiya Brushless 10.5T TBLM-01S & ESC 01S TBLE-01 Sensored

I don't know what the problem is. I was running fine with my Brushless Sensored Motor and ESC were working flawlessly together. I am running on 2 Cell LiPo 5200 mah 35C and I have reset the ESC settings with no such luck to fix the problem.

If I'm going straight the motor has no problem. The second I start to turn I get cogging and if I turn at too high speed my motor will shut off for a few seconds. The motor is not even hot. The ESC says it's good 6.6-7.2v, maybe it is the LiPo causing the problems? The ESC overload, overheat, and undervoltage protection. It only happens as soon as I turn, the sensored motor just does not want to do both at the same time anymore.

Please let me know what you think the problem might be. Thanks,

-Mike
Old 11-07-2015, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

One of two possibilities (there are others I dare say) that have happened to me:
  1. Your servo is drawing too much power from the receiver which is stopping the signal getting to the ESC. This used to happen to me when using Savox servos. Test by swapping to a cheap low voltage servo.
  2. If that doesn't solve the problem it could be that the PCB on your receiver is damaged.

Basically you need to swap out each element in the chain servo, receiver, esc to confirm where the problem lies but it is most likely a receiver issue.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

the savox can be used, you just need to plug in a glitch buster or similar style capacitor to an open spot in the rx