Touring Car choices?

Touring Car choices?

Old 10-23-2015, 03:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Any news on when we can expect the TC7?
Old 10-23-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Im an offroad guy,and ive had my eye on the kyosho because i race their buggies.. I find it weird that the kits are in but no parts?? I know their buggy plastic is the best in 1/10 offroad,not sure about it in touring?? Any opinions on the tf7?
Old 10-23-2015, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bar View Post
Schumacher in second you must be joking, very poor quality as standard, performance yes once you have replaced most the standard parts, hopefully they sort it out for the next car they bring out
It is all very subjective...

My Mi5 was of near perfect quality, I broke 1 part total in a brutal crash, everything was super free (okay a little too free but they fixed that in the EVO). The build experience was fantastic and of course the car was FAST. Rear diff was the best I've ever had, front spool awesome, driveshafts awesome, layshaft assembly, motor mount, ball cups - fugging everything was great. I didn't like the motor position but that was also fixed in EVO.
I had a similar experience with VBC but without the extra free play. The Shumacher was easier to drive out of the box than the VBC.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks chaps appreciate all the advice, although I'm still no closer to a decision as some even here are rating each choice over others and the general consensus seem to be you can't go wrong with any of them.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:24 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
It is all very subjective...

My Mi5 was of near perfect quality, I broke 1 part total in a brutal crash, everything was super free (okay a little too free but they fixed that in the EVO). The build experience was fantastic and of course the car was FAST. Rear diff was the best I've ever had, front spool awesome, driveshafts awesome, layshaft assembly, motor mount, ball cups - fugging everything was great. I didn't like the motor position but that was also fixed in EVO.
I had a similar experience with VBC but without the extra free play. The Shumacher was easier to drive out of the box than the VBC.
it's not subjective, the standard layshaft bearings collapsed very early on, then after replacing to the very expensive Schumacher ceramic bearings they still failed, Schumacher spoke to the manufacturers about why they were paying so much for such poor quality bearings, may have been fixed now. Used some standard second hand Xray one's and no issues. The diff leaks which is why they released an updated o-ring set, to compare to Yokomo and Xray is laughable, no idea on Awesomatix not owned one, not questioning the performance of the car they have been tearing it up in the UK on the outdoor scene
Old 10-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've run Associated TC6.1, Sakura XI DH, Photon EX and Xray T4 14'. None of these are the most current. But from what I have run in the past Xray is the way to go. I still run a pair of T4 14's and I love them.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ben_r1 View Post
Thanks chaps appreciate all the advice, although I'm still no closer to a decision as some even here are rating each choice over others and the general consensus seem to be you can't go wrong with any of them.
As a UK racer here is what I'd be thinking if I was looking for a car...

Don't bother with a 6.2. The cars the team guys are racing have half the car replaced. The top 6.2 in the UK doesn't even have standard bulkheads on it.

Don't bother with a VBC. On the bench they look great, but on track in the UK they have failed to prove themselves. Lack of traction outdoors, too fragile indoors. Lack of setups as few top guys run them (a few tried them last winter, and have since switched cars).

Yokomo BD7 is a good car, strong and well made. But requires a smooth driving style and you have to be right on the setup to get it to perform. Great car for top guys, more difficult for club guys.

So the only 2 I'd actually consider are the Schumacher and Xray. On track there's very little in it. I run the Xray, and have had close racing all year with other Xray and Schumacher guys of a similar ability to me. I think the Schumacher has a slightly wider setup window so you'll have to make less setup changes. But the Xray is much better quality, will require less maintanance, and is stronger (if you're racing indoors, definitely go for the Xray due to its strength).

The Xray costs a bit more up-front, but is probably cheaper in the long run; the only parts I've changed on mine over a whole outdoor season (racing twice a week) are the front spool cups and one rear belt from stone damage.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't think I have ever broken either one of my T4 14's. I did break a bone blade one time and it jammed up in the hub and I wasn't able to finish. I broke my 6.1 almost every time I ran it.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:56 AM
reg
Tech Adept

I ran the Mi5 for a good while,
i wouldn't go back to a Schumacher due to quality,design and maintenance time,
I really enjoyed running the car when new,but it soon became inconsistent,constantly replacing parts,but then another part giving inconsistency,constantly chasing your tail,then add anther 150+ to get it to the team spec,then adding more to maintenance time,

Yokomo are just a joy to work on,and with more and more clubs running them the setup help is always on hand,no need to spend money on the car,but it can be improved by replacing rubber orings,they probably need a bit more time spent on them between races than the Xray,but unlike the Schumacher,any play just needs screws loosening, apply a bit of pressure,then do back up,not replacing!

Hard to argue against the Xray though,I think I might be giving orange ago next though ��
Old 10-23-2015, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Again as a UK racer I would say do not bother with the Associated, unless the TC7 is a big improvement in speed and strength I cannot see any reason to get one.

In the UK X-Ray and Schumacher are the most popular cars. At our club Tamiya's are popular as well as they are also strong (We have wooden boards so a tough car is pretty important, so that's why Tamiya's and X-Rays are popular). The Arc is also a very nice car and it has support via Zen racing in the UK.

The main thing is to check at your local club and see them close up, but other than associated I think you will be pretty happy with whatever you get.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i'm surprised serpent doesnt get alot of love in europe...
Old 10-23-2015, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Thumbs up Xray T4 '16

Get the xray !!!!! done !
Old 10-23-2015, 01:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

X-ray +1
Old 10-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by swerv512 View Post
i'm surprised serpent doesnt get alot of love in europe...
Heard of them but don't know anyone who's ever run one

Okay so I can safely narrow it down to the Xray and Schumy. Between the two I think the Xray is probably the better car but the Schumacher will have more support and parts availability plus they have pretty good guides online for setup starting points...
Old 10-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's official, there are only two choices:
#1: Awesomatix A700 shaftdrive....
#2: Awesomatix A800 beltdrive....
Enough said......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.