Like Tree785Likes

Awesomatix A800

    Hide Wikipost
Old 12-13-2018, 01:48 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Awesomatix A800
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: IBxAnders
Welcome - please help to make this Awesomatix A800 wiki useful!

A800 Information
New Parts
  • June 2016: A800-SPR01-98 - The version of SPR01 springs with reduced angle of the tips bending. Recommended for using with new SPR02H3 Shock Rod Guides.
  • June 2016: A800-SPR01S-98 - The version of SPR01S springs with reduced angle of the tips bending. Recommended for using with new SPR02H3 Shock Rod Guides.
  • May / June 2016: A800-AM14A - includes new optional "longer" hole on steering arm
  • May / June 2016: A700-AM14-3 - removes the prior "longer" hole on steering arm
  • May / June 2016: A800-C04AL+0.5 - 0.5mm wider alloy suspension arm
  • May / June 2016: A800-C01B-2.25 - 2.25mm carbon main plate (best suited for asphalt racing)
  • May / June 2016: A800-D2.2 - Dampers that support a thicker SPR02H3
  • May / June 2016: A800-SPR02H3 - Thicker Shock Rod Guides for the D2.2 damper
  • May / June 2016: A800-AT41-2 - Damper vane for the D2.2 damper designed to work w/ SPR02H3
  • May / June 2016: A800-SPR02H - Stronger Shock Rod Guides for the D2.0 and D2.1 damper versions
  • May 2016: A800-AM19-4 - Currently used in the rear of a kit. With AM19-4 the top link effective length is 0,7mm shorter compare to AM19-2. Also with AM19-4 the flex of suspension is smaller ( similar to more stiffer arm and c-hub of normal cars). The screws on dampers are more accessible for adjustment.
  • January 2017 - SPRO2X - new for dampers and do not require a 98 degree bent spring.
  • January 2017 - New A800X and A800XA kits now available featuring 0.3mm longer front and rear wheelbase.
Kit Updates
  • May - Current: Kits now including DT10-2-1 bearing holders for increased side play and durability of the differential and spool.
  • May - July 2016: bearings within kits require oil before use
  • May / June 2016: C01B-AL (Khaki) Chassis with 0.5mm/side wider front arm mounts
  • May / June 2016: 2x ST17-1-S replace ST17 - See page 21 of manual
  • May / June 2016: Updated damper, D2.2, introduced
  • May / June 2016: Thicker Shock Rod Guides for the D2.2 damper included with kits, A800-SPR02H3
  • Jan 2016: GD2 Output Axle (ST31-1) update to use blue foam (P46) instead of set screw (used on each side of Axle after assembly)


Setups
Major Race Wins
  • 2016 Reedy Race of Champions - Modified - Julian Wong
  • 2016 Mile High Championship - 17.5 - Kyle Klingforth
  • 2016 Mile High Championship - 13.5 - Kyle Klingforth
  • 2016 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals - 17.5 - Mike Gee
  • 2016 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals - 13.5 - Mike Gee
  • 2015/6 ETS Season 9 Round 3 - Xray Pro Stock Division - Tony Streit
  • 2015 US Indoor Champs - 13.5 - Mike Gee
  • 2016 Roar On-Road Asphalt Nationals - 13.5 - Mike Gee
  • 2016 Roar On-Road Asphalt Nationals - 17.5 - Sam Isaacs
  • 2016 International Indoor Championships (IIC) - 17.5 - Mike Gee
  • 2016 Halloween Classic at the Gate - 17.5 - Brad Johnson
  • 2016 US Indoor Champs - 17.5 - Sam Isaacs
  • 2016 US Indoor Champs - 13.5 -Matt Lyons
  • 2016 Stock Wars - 17.5 - Mike Gee
  • 2016 Hudy Indoor Championship - 17.5 - Brad Johnson

Print Wikipost

Reply

Old 04-17-2019, 12:22 PM
  #4096  
Tech Master
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
These never survived the riggers of racing
The IFJ/irj handle racing much better
Not going to argue that. Your correct, But for an option if they can't afford to upgrade at this time..
tonyd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:57 AM
  #4097  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
jdawg81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 215
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I have several of the pins used in the A700-UB1 bearing upgrade after I ordered them by mistake. How bad was this for racing? Like one tap on the wall and it breaks?
jdawg81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:08 PM
  #4098  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Onroad Bermuda Triangle...
Posts: 1,716
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jdawg81 View Post
I have several of the pins used in the A700-UB1 bearing upgrade after I ordered them by mistake. How bad was this for racing? Like one tap on the wall and it breaks?
Not too bad in the rear..... ut with the spool the spool in front the bearings will come out in pcs....
Xpress is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:20 PM
  #4099  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
jdawg81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 215
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Not too bad in the rear..... ut with the spool the spool in front the bearings will come out in pcs....
If that's the case then wouldn't the bearings with the IFJ drive shafts also break with a spool in the front?
jdawg81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:55 PM
  #4100  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (80)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,182
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jdawg81 View Post
If that's the case then wouldn't the bearings with the IFJ drive shafts also break with a spool in the front?
Hey J
if the IFJ it too fragile ,I am sure Oleg would redesign . I don't know any RC stuff the don't break after hitting the wall?
My real car break down without hitting anything ..:0
OVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:07 PM
  #4101  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
jdawg81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 215
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Hey J
if the IFJ it too fragile ,I am sure Oleg would redesign . I don't know any RC stuff the don't break after hitting the wall?
My real car break down without hitting anything ..:0
That's a good point. For now I'm going to use the A700-ST10-1.5 pints with ball bearings as a backup until I purchase a complete set of IFJ and IRJ drive shafts.
jdawg81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:47 PM
  #4102  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (17)
 
RC Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SC
Posts: 295
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jdawg81 View Post
If that's the case then wouldn't the bearings with the IFJ drive shafts also break with a spool in the front?
No they don't. The IFJ design has an additional axis of rotation where the bearings are not stressed like they are on the original drive shaft. They hold up great.
Oleg Babich likes this.
RC Professor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:12 PM
  #4103  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (27)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 9,058
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I know the IFJ/IRJ we're in design for 2yrs+ before us humans saw them. Like all things on the car... Parts are iterated until perfect. Im very impressed with the IFJ/IRJ especially after the prior experience with the UB1
hanulec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:57 AM
  #4104  
Tech Apprentice
 
!Mad Max!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 75
Default New Awesomatix Products

➡️AT25-2 - Turnbuckle 39mm x 2

AT25-2 is set of 2x 39mm length Turnbuckles.
This optional set can be used as replacement for AT14 parts at the rear "Toe-In Turnbuckles".
The thread will go more deep inside of P13-4 Ball Cups and secure the "Toe-In" stay more consistent at impacts.
Contains 2pcs of AT25-2

➡️OR13V - 13mm O-Ring
OR13V O-Ring for GD2 Gear Diff (1pcs)
This O-Rings are made out of a new rubber material which is even more durable and less affected by silicon oil.
The "V" O-Rings are easy to distinguish as they have a slight shade of brown.
Contains 1pcs of OR13V

➡️OR155V-4 - Damper Output O-Ring x4
OR155V O-Ring set for D2.2 Damper (4pcs)
This O-Rings are made out of a new rubber material which is even more durable and less affected by silicon oil.
The "V" O-Rings are easy to distinguish as they have a slight shade of brown.
Contains 4pcs of OR155V

➡️OR18V-4 - Damper O-Ring x4
OR018V O-Ring set for D2.2 Damper (4pcs)
This O-Rings are made out of a new rubber material which is even more durable and less affected by silicon oil.
The "V" O-Rings are easy to distinguish as they have a slight shade of brown.
Contains 4pcs of OR18V

➡️C04AL1+9.0 Alloy Suspension Arm
C04AL1+9.0 Alloy Suspension Arm for LA - Long Arm Chassis. C04AL1+9.0 is used in front of the Car.
Contains 1pcs of C04AL1+9.0

➡️C04AL1+8.0 Alloy Suspension Arm
C04M1+8.0 Alloy Suspension Arm for LA - Long Arm Chassis. C04AL1+8.0 is used in rear of the Car.
Contains 1pcs of C04AL1+8.0

➡️C04AL1-LA Alloy Long Arm Set
C04AL1-LA Alloy Long Arm Set includes:
2x C04AL1+9.0
2x C04AL1+8.0


Tremor24 and Highside20 like this.
!Mad Max! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:49 AM
  #4105  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (27)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 9,058
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

For anyone who might be confused...
OR13V is new
OR155V-4 and OR18V-4 are just "four pack" packaging
Highside20 likes this.
hanulec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:04 PM
  #4106  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I have a Khaki chassis A800 and i would like to switch over to a mid-motor conversion. Will the MMCX-2 work with all of my parts that I will need to reuse on with the MMCX?
RollingChicane2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:05 PM
  #4107  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (205)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 29,897
Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RollingChicane2 View Post
I have a Khaki chassis A800 and i would like to switch over to a mid-motor conversion. Will the MMCX-2 work with all of my parts that I will need to reuse on with the MMCX?
all you need is the newer swaybar mounts ( P12X, at142 and b63SS) everything else carries over I converted my A800 with the kaki chassis to the midmotor conversion
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:19 PM
  #4108  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post

all you need is the newer swaybar mounts ( P12X, at142 and b63SS) everything else carries over I converted my A800 with the kaki chassis to the midmotor conversion
Awesome, I actually already have the newest sway bar mounts that I haven't installed yet so I should be good to go.

Now I just need to find somewhere that has the kit in stock.....
RollingChicane2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:46 AM
  #4109  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Kodey65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 93
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by !Mad Max! View Post
➡️AT25-2 - Turnbuckle 39mm x 2

AT25-2 is set of 2x 39mm length Turnbuckles.
This optional set can be used as replacement for AT14 parts at the rear "Toe-In Turnbuckles".
The thread will go more deep inside of P13-4 Ball Cups and secure the "Toe-In" stay more consistent at impacts.
Contains 2pcs of AT25-2

➡️OR13V - 13mm O-Ring
OR13V O-Ring for GD2 Gear Diff (1pcs)
This O-Rings are made out of a new rubber material which is even more durable and less affected by silicon oil.
The "V" O-Rings are easy to distinguish as they have a slight shade of brown.
Contains 1pcs of OR13V

➡️OR155V-4 - Damper Output O-Ring x4
OR155V O-Ring set for D2.2 Damper (4pcs)
This O-Rings are made out of a new rubber material which is even more durable and less affected by silicon oil.
The "V" O-Rings are easy to distinguish as they have a slight shade of brown.
Contains 4pcs of OR155V

➡️OR18V-4 - Damper O-Ring x4
OR018V O-Ring set for D2.2 Damper (4pcs)
This O-Rings are made out of a new rubber material which is even more durable and less affected by silicon oil.
The "V" O-Rings are easy to distinguish as they have a slight shade of brown.
Contains 4pcs of OR18V

➡️C04AL1+9.0 Alloy Suspension Arm
C04AL1+9.0 Alloy Suspension Arm for LA - Long Arm Chassis. C04AL1+9.0 is used in front of the Car.
Contains 1pcs of C04AL1+9.0

➡️C04AL1+8.0 Alloy Suspension Arm
C04M1+8.0 Alloy Suspension Arm for LA - Long Arm Chassis. C04AL1+8.0 is used in rear of the Car.
Contains 1pcs of C04AL1+8.0

➡️C04AL1-LA Alloy Long Arm Set
C04AL1-LA Alloy Long Arm Set includes:
2x C04AL1+9.0
2x C04AL1+8.0


Glad to see the Alloy Arms out! Thank You Awesomatix!!
Highside20 likes this.
Kodey65 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:06 PM
  #4110  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 59
Default

Just curios is this also the same grouping for EVO posts or is that something different?
Azsmartbet is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service