R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-03-2005, 01:43 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default TC Comparisons

Anybody have car comparisons to relate. I don't mean this to be one of those This_car vs That_car threads. I would like to hear (read?) observations coming from guys who have actually driven both cars preferably back to back like what they did in the Xtreme RC magazine.

I read one involving the 415 and xray FK04 a long time ago. JUst now, I also read one from the RDX thread comparing the RDX to the 415. I'm not really interested in "this car looks better than that", or "that car will go obsolete in x months". Just on the basis of performance in terms of lap times, same track conditions using both cars, Like this car negotiates that chicane better than the other

(If a such a thread already exists, please feel free to post the link too).

Thanks
NinjaCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 12:34 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

i think that ANY race tuned sedan now a days is just as capable od the next kit to win...its depends on the driver
Old 11-13-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TVMRocket69 Send a message via Yahoo to TVMRocket69

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCool
Anybody have car comparisons to relate. I don't mean this to be one of those This_car vs That_car threads. I would like to hear (read?) observations coming from guys who have actually driven both cars preferably back to back like what they did in the Xtreme RC magazine.

I read one involving the 415 and xray FK04 a long time ago. JUst now, I also read one from the RDX thread comparing the RDX to the 415. I'm not really interested in "this car looks better than that", or "that car will go obsolete in x months". Just on the basis of performance in terms of lap times, same track conditions using both cars, Like this car negotiates that chicane better than the other

(If a such a thread already exists, please feel free to post the link too).

Thanks
All the TC's made in the last 5 years are competitive today. I have driven many different cars thanks to friends having their own taste. The only thing I foundout is that for some reason A TC with a shaft has a little more torque steer than a belt car has. Right now I race a Schumacher Axis 2 and I have one friend who has a TC3, and another that had a EVO4 and just switched to the 415. All 4 cars run equally fast and consistent on our track in Hanover Pa.
So honesly U can't go wrong with any competition TC today. I would say if U want help picking out a TC, Check your LHS Parts and just make sure U can get the parts just incase U break.

Hope this helps Bob
AnswerUSA-RC Team Driver, G's R/C Raceway Team Driver, RBMods Team Driver, Kosmic R/C Fuel Team Driver, MurfDogg Motorworks Team Driver, Serpent S811B, Serpent S811t, MurfDogg Powered V-Desizn Carpet Ripper 5
TVMRocket69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall

I'm Bob's Friend that just switched from the EVO4 to the 415. I don't wanna turn this into a shaft vs. belt thing, but having both cars with the same lightweight suspension on them the EVO4 is snappier and can be wicked fast, but the 415 even after only 1 week of racing is equal to what my EVO4 was b/c it is super duper smooth, but not as aggresive. Thats my take on those two cars, but any car can be fast really. I got my butt handed to me by an old TC3 and I'm by no means a slouch.
GroffBall is offline   Reply With Quote