Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 11-01-2017, 08:51 PM   #406
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevul View Post
I measured my front spacers tonight and I have 2mm underneath the knuckles and 3.5mm above. I'm using CRC F1 tires and my ride height in the front is 4.4mm (using a Hudy ride height gauge).
So with the 3.5mm above, thatís giving you more droop I bet.
I put the 1.5mm ride height spacers in and Iím still pretty high. I ordered more but was thinking of doing this same thing. Should also help with more steering.
mstrfahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:00 AM   #407
Tech Regular

Yes, I had a bit of droop but took it out this weekend as I was racing on black CRC carpet. I put another .5mm shim in on the top and had little to no droop. I took the TQ and win at the local 3 day event (http://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian...r-3-4-5-a.html) that we had this weekend. We only had 5 F1 drivers but the field consisted of some very talented drivers.
eevul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 04:02 AM   #408
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I heard there will be a new car before Christmas.

Has anyone seen or know of any more details.
Fredp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:51 AM   #409
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredp1 View Post
I heard there will be a new car before Christmas.

Has anyone seen or know of any more details.
I haven't heard anything but I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with. The FXM is a wicked fast car. I took another TQ and win this past weekend at the Kelowna leg of the WCICS series. Results are http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...h-26th-aaa.pdf .

Running 2 year old CRC tires and first gen Motiv.

By the way, has anyone tried the Volante tires on this car? I have tried them but they don't seem to work very well for me on black carpet. The car either traction rolls or spins out. If I over sauce the rears (if I leave the sauce on more than 5 minutes), they get really soft and end up acting like lint rollers and picking up the carpet fibers and then my car just spins out. I guess I have to experiment with them to see if I can get them to work. They look great on my car and I don't have to mess with the ride height.
(0000000000) likes this.
eevul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:03 PM   #410
Tech Rookie

A couple months ago I heard the new car was due by December, but still haven't seen anything. Hoping to see details soon. Anyone have some pre-release spy shots? Quite pleased with my VBC D09 so I'm interested to try their F1. I like the look of the FXM but have been holding out until I see the new chassis.
nm143 is offline   Reply With Quote