SkyRC ARES PRO 13.5 motor

SkyRC ARES PRO 13.5 motor

Old 09-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Has anyone tried these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SkyRC-Compet...rds=13.5+motor

How do they fair against the bigger brands?

(I don't have to use a BRCA approved motor).

Thanks
They are stupid fast for a $50 motor you can't go wrong with ARES... I run mine for 3 series race this year and won all 3 in 17.5 expert this motor it's untouchable at my local track. I ditch all my trinity motor including the D4 and stick with the ARES 17.5 this motor likes to be geared beyond Pluto to get the power out of the motor. Beleive it or not I geared my ARES 17.5 at 3.0 timing on the enbell right around 40 degree and unleashed the beast. The motor is so efficient even though with crazy gearing it still runs cool compared to other motor I've use before.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:08 AM
Tech Champion

Once I've checked my finances after moving I will definitely snag one of these motors

I need a quick motor to make up for the blinky mode only ruling and it seems this motor will have a good amount of punch to it!

Over the years since the 90's I've been fairly brand loyal - only in the last year or two have I gone from Tamiya to Xray and now, Tekin to these motors so it seems.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
They are stupid fast for a $50 motor you can't go wrong with ARES... I run mine for 3 series race this year and won all 3 in 17.5 expert this motor it's untouchable at my local track. I ditch all my trinity motor including the D4 and stick with the ARES 17.5 this motor likes to be geared beyond Pluto to get the power out of the motor. Beleive it or not I geared my ARES 17.5 at 3.0 timing on the enbell right around 40 degree and unleashed the beast. The motor is so efficient even though with crazy gearing it still runs cool compared to other motor I've use before.
How big is the track you race at? Ours is 10x15m - so it's small, but quite twisty too.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I run a 5.5T Ares in Mod and with some boost, it has been very reliable and quick. I also have the Trackstar 13.5T GenII and so far on a local carpet track in my TC6.2, it has been impressive. Once I found a decent FDR and endbell timing, it started to come alive. Although it's a short-stack stator,(I believe) it still has plenty of torque. Although I have yet to race with it, my lap times were some of the quickest the track owner has seen, according to him. He said that the fast TC guys were running in the high to mid 9 sec laps and I managed to rip a bunch of low 9's and even a handful of 9 flat laps my first time at this venue. I will be trying out my Trackstar GenII 4.5t as soon as I get back to the track.
So to answer your question... either motor will be good. the price can't be beat! By the way, the Trackstar is very well made and Lighter than many on the market. It is also pending ROAR approval.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Your 17.5t motor must have a very strong rotor to be geared at 3.0fdr, but I do believe my Novak ballistic 17.5t (12.5mm rotor) to be in the same boat... The higher I gear it, the faster it goes (N timing).... Others gear at 4+ fdr with crazy heat while I run cool at 3.4375fdr with about the same top end... I have yet to test my new 3.19fdr gearing though, but I think my car will be even faster ....
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Old 09-11-2015, 02:08 AM
Tech Champion

Useful info, all very encouraging so far, thanks
Old 09-29-2015, 03:12 AM
Tech Champion

My existing motor is rated at 3500kv, this one is rated at 2860kv, should I be worried about this?
Old 08-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All I run is Ares pro motors in all my cars from there authorized USA dealer at crpplus.com