Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Factory Team TC4, rugburned, shunned and laughed at??? >

Factory Team TC4, rugburned, shunned and laughed at???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Factory Team TC4, rugburned, shunned and laughed at???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Factory Team TC4, rugburned, shunned and laughed at???

I have another question delving into the psyche of RCTech. Why is there so much seeming hatred and animosity towards the FT-TC4? Or better yet, why doesn't anyone seem to run it indoors?

Why is it that when you wonder what new carpet car to buy, folks always seem to say either XRay or Corally RDX? Why does no-one like the FT-TC4?

Is it the torque steer? (Easily countered by simple droop adjustment)

Is it parts quality???

What is it?

Because in the end, we're all running the same motors and batteries. No car is "faster" than another one, as they all have to deal with the same general components. So in the end really, it all comes down to how power is put to the ground. Thats the only real difference.

So whats the deal???
Old 10-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Tech Initiate

I've got to say, watching Craig Dreschers FTTC4 at the first round of the DMS winter series here in the UK a couple of weeks ago, I thought it looked very very good indeed. That was on carpet with rubbers
Old 10-28-2005, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

The Xray and teh RDX are much better built and hold up better. They are faster cars. I have a TC4 with a BMI chassis and while the BMI chassis (same result as the FT) stiffened it up and helped the handling the durability of the suspension components is still AE. I have tried to run this car in the 19t foam class and found if I want to compete I need to get and Xray or RDX. I have an Xray coming. The FT would probly make a good rubber car but it isnt built to take the foam mod.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Good car

I've owned the following cars:

Yok CGM=brokomo

TRF 415= to much work to run on carpet ,no part support in Northeast, good car.

RDX great car but will cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in part. outstanding parts and finish. weak shock towers

TC4 FT good for price scale of 1-10 for parts and finish it get a 6.675 i.e. shims, servo ear must be cut steering slop but at the end of the day, my laps time where better with TC4.

I was given the chance to drive a X-ray 05, loved it. I will be buying one second hand next week.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Don't get me wrong, I love my FK05, its the dogs B****cks, just thought Dresh's car looked very good but then he isn't too bad at driving it either!
Old 10-28-2005, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet

Is it the torque steer? (Easily countered by simple droop adjustment)
:
Off topic but what would I do to my droop to eliminate torque steer, increase or decrease.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think there's a few trends that are causing people to not look at the FTTC4 seriously as a carpet car. First off it's a shaft car. Everyone is going back to belts. I drove a TC3 a few years ago and hated the shaft drive. I know many people that did also. It's just a personal preference thing. But lets not make this a shaft vs belt issue. Second I think people are leaning more toward owning cars from European and or Asian companies. It's not fashionable to own an American made car. Third, it hasn't won anything major indoors yet. Barry did a good job in Vegas and made both A mains in rubber and foam if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure the car is capable, but it hasn't won yet (Major Indoor race). And it is true still in RC Racing, "What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday."
Old 10-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AE took a while to realize that there was a big change in the touring car market, from cars that started their lives as rtr's and then were build into race cars, now companies are building race cars and forgetting the rtr market.

While the tc3 was dialed in its day (and still is fast, look at stock sedan in vegas), there were not alot of other good options, espically for stock (which is what most people run on carpet). Now that xray, corrally, losi, tamiya and almost every other company build strickly racing cars, AE finally did over the summer, but it was a bit too late, also it still has the AE parts quality issues (if you build an xray for instance, then build an AE car, the differnce is night and day). I honestly dont see a huge differnce between belt and shaft, so i am not going to say that is it. Also as far as the Tc4 goes i have heard and seen nothing might nightmares from the AE camp, and what why someone want to deal with a car that even the team and its engineers cant figure out. Espically when you can build an xray or corrally and its straight dailed right out of the box, and to boot they are winning a bunch of races and have parts support now...
Old 10-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default fttc4

just a funny comment that jon kerr made. not disagreeing with ya as in many of my travels your a 100% right. but just the opposite in my town. its fashionable and almost expect to own domestic around here and looked at funny if owning import. we are actually starting to see a lot more ft tc4 show up at the track. the car looks great
Old 10-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default uuhhh

Straight out of the box...Fit/finish was/is fine.With 2 comparable drivers...ate up an xray no problem.All cars have issues,just different from each other.Got about 4 guys switching to the FT.hmmm
Old 10-28-2005, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vic0280
just a funny comment that jon kerr made. not disagreeing with ya as in many of my travels your a 100% right. but just the opposite in my town. its fashionable and almost expect to own domestic around here and looked at funny if owning import. we are actually starting to see a lot more ft tc4 show up at the track. the car looks great
Look at what city you're in too. I'm sure you'd get nasty looks driving around Detroit in a Honda or any other foreign car. Why would the mindset change from that to RC Racing?
Old 10-28-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

The biggest problem with the tc4 is durability, and its because the materials they still using. A yokomo shaft car looks very similar to the tc3 or tc4 but looking at the suspension parts they are beefier and use aluminum more extensively to improve their durability. I personally was excited to see the new ft car at the rcx expo but at the same time, dissapointed that they didn't improved in their graphite/plastic material. That car should've aluminum c hub blocks. I personally own a tc3 and an xray fk04 and hands down the xray is a better car, although I did win the Nascar Oval series at my LHS using my tc3.
Gilberto Santos
mikeshobbyshop.com
Team Integy
Old 10-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Same thing I posted in the TC4 thread, wondering if you guys may have a few answers?

Alright guys, couple questions from a previous TC4 (team kit) owner to all those who stuck with it. Its that time of year again, and im looking for a TC to run this winter. I dont want to lose, (who does) but Im not lookin to spend an arm and a leg, I am only 17. So I was looking into yet another TC4. I had one when it first came out and never really got it to where I thought it should be. It never was really faster than my previous TC3, and me and my buddy never could really figure it out. Now, my question is, should I go ahead and save the extra money for the FT TC4, or buy a used BMI TC3? I only have one problem with the TC4's now adays. Ive been reading a lot again latley and noticed how soft the setups are in comparison to the TC3 and some of the other cars on the market. With that in mind I remember our cars scrubbing speed in the corners as our setups were getting softer to try to find a setup. I understand that this thread is mostly biased, but Im looking for a opinion and a genearl assumption to get me headed in the right direction. Thanks for reading my ramblings and thanks for any potential help/insight.
On a more on-topic note, I only broke one rear arm the whole 4 months I had my TC4. I didnt have a serious issue with breaking anything. The only problem I had was a lot of tweak in the chassis, which I assumed would be different with the new FT chassis.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Buy a used xray fk04, You won't regret it.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
Buy a used xray fk04, You won't regret it.
I did, I regret purchasing it and feel lucky I got what I did for it.

I figured I could be just as quick with any TC out there so I chose the one which is the easiest for me to work on and get parts for a good price. TC4 was the choice and it happened to be quicker than anything else I've ever driven. Haven't broken anything because the car is weak (broken a few arms & uprights trying to cut the boards too close or getting hacked)

Plus, I'd rather support my own country's economy than anothers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.