Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree823Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 02-06-2017, 03:06 PM
  #961  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,831
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Eddie_E
My favorite so far has been the Protoform Mulsanne cut 10mm taller than stock so it doesn't look like a doorstop. It freed the car up with less overall down force than the Sophia I was running when I switched from foam.
Only problem is that body or the Sophia are not WGT-R legal. See page 1 for the list.
old_dude is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 03:15 PM
  #962  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,033
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

99% of the bodies used at this years birds was the PF GT40.I've tried everything old dude has tried . Also the Caddy(200) by PF works okay. The McAllister MXStang works great for me in my Foam car and it works very well in USGT (by the way it looked at the birds- don't run that class).
BullFrog is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 03:35 PM
  #963  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 256
Default

Originally Posted by old_dude
Only problem is that body or the Sophia are not WGT-R legal. See page 1 for the list.
And the Mulsanne is discontinued too...
blankenj99 is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 04:25 PM
  #964  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Medina Ohio
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BullFrog
99% of the bodies used at this years birds was the PF GT40.I've tried everything old dude has tried . Also the Caddy(200) by PF works okay. The McAllister MXStang works great for me in my Foam car and it works very well in USGT (by the way it looked at the birds- don't run that class).
It looked like all cars in the main were PF GT40's based on the video dumper posted on FB. One or two were hard to tell for sure but most were definitely gt40s.

Chris
ccm399 is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 06:03 PM
  #965  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,033
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Actually in the A main there was one PF10 (red and black ) and one HPI Porsche GT1(orange). The rest ere GT40's. In the B 7 were GT40's (2- PF10 and HPI Porsche GT1).
BullFrog is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 06:09 PM
  #966  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Medina Ohio
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Thanks BullFrog. I wasn't sure on two of them. The PF10 was the one I was most thinking *might* have been a GT40 but the other I couldn't place.
ccm399 is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 06:36 PM
  #967  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Eddie_E
My favorite so far has been the Protoform Mulsanne cut 10mm taller than stock so it doesn't look like a doorstop. It freed the car up with less overall down force than the Sophia I was running when I switched from foam.
Per the Protoform website, the Mulsanne body has been discontinued.

Go back to the approved WGT-R bodies list on page 1 of this thread.

Brian Wynn (Dumper) just won WGT-R at the Snowbirds using the Protoform Ford GT body.

Bill
Still Bill is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 03:24 AM
  #968  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,831
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Those bodies are not GT-40s. That was a car built in the 60's and HPI has/had that body. The PF body is the Ford GT a completely different animal and the body that was run by the majority. I think I will try mine again but with a different spring package. To me the car has always been to stuck and it gets slower as bite comes up. It is good on a green track or low bite.
old_dude is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 06:40 AM
  #969  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dumper's Speed Shop
Posts: 1,058
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I ran the Ford GT, but I also had the PFM 10 with me. Things were going well, so I left it on. I'm not sure it is the "best" body, but it sure is sexy and it is also the newest so I assume that is why so many people use it.

I will be testing some other bodies in the not to distant future. And I expect people will be surprised when they see them.......
dumper is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 06:42 AM
  #970  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dumper's Speed Shop
Posts: 1,058
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by blankenj99
And the Mulsanne is discontinued too...
And there is that fact that the Mulsanne is not a GT body but a GTP style body and not legal for World GT-R racing.

BUt I have seen video of a guy over in Europe running a CRC Gen X 10 R/T, on CRC Rubber tires with 2s 13.5 boosted with a GTP body. It looked awesome.
dumper is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 07:55 AM
  #971  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 371
Default

Originally Posted by dumper
And there is that fact that the Mulsanne is not a GT body but a GTP style body and not legal for World GT-R racing.

BUt I have seen video of a guy over in Europe running a CRC Gen X 10 R/T, on CRC Rubber tires with 2s 13.5 boosted with a GTP body. It looked awesome.
I know it's not on the body list, but I'm the guy who started the class at our track and we often have to run in the F1 class when there are only 3 or 4 of us. I keep a McAllister DP Vette around for trophy races.

The Mulsanne having LESS grip with a low CG really smooths out the car on the black carpet.

I'll try the PFM10 next month, as it's really good in USGT as long as the body doesn't tuck in the rear.
Eddie_E is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 08:40 AM
  #972  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Eddie_E
I know it's not on the body list, but I'm the guy who started the class at our track and we often have to run in the F1 class when there are only 3 or 4 of us. I keep a McAllister DP Vette around for trophy races.

The Mulsanne having LESS grip with a low CG really smooths out the car on the black carpet.

I'll try the PFM10 next month, as it's really good in USGT as long as the body doesn't tuck in the rear.
The PFM10 tucks badly. Dumper has additional bracing on the back of his PFM10. I am yet to do that.

Haven't ever tucked the back of the Ford GT. The extra contours at the tail prevent that from happening.

Bill
Still Bill is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 11:17 AM
  #973  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (88)
 
big_ads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ruso ND
Posts: 2,260
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Still Bill
The PFM10 tucks badly. Dumper has additional bracing on the back of his PFM10. I am yet to do that.

Haven't ever tucked the back of the Ford GT. The extra contours at the tail prevent that from happening.

Bill
been running the pfm 10 for almost a year and have very rarely had a body tuck. Just gotta trim them wheel wells out!!
big_ads is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 06:42 PM
  #974  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Medina Ohio
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by old_dude
Those bodies are not GT-40s. That was a car built in the 60's and HPI has/had that body. The PF body is the Ford GT a completely different animal and the body that was run by the majority.
Good point Ron!

My bad on typing the wrong car. I guess force of habit... Old school I guess... just used to GT having a 40 after it.

Chris
ccm399 is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 07:03 PM
  #975  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by big_ads
been running the pfm 10 for almost a year and have very rarely had a body tuck. Just gotta trim them wheel wells out!!
Body tucks are coming from being hit at the rear (other drivers following closely) and/or tapping a barrier with the rear end (my bad).

Wheel wells are trimmed straight down from their upper arcs; so, no issue there. Sidewalls glued too.

Bill
Still Bill is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.