World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree849Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 01-19-2024, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dyoung
I appreciate your willingness. I think the "no communication" from CRC has been detrimental to the class. I know the tire issue last year and CRC's unwillingness to even acknowlege initially there was a problem cost our group several racers. When you have a track and attempt to support a manufacturer and their product and their is an issue that is disregarded it leaves a sour taste. A perfect example is the post that Paul from Gravity put out explaining his recent issues, acknowledge the problem, explain, give a path for correction, and racers accepted that graciously. I hear CRC has another upcoming tire change and it would be helpful to be transparent to all what will happen so there are no surprises like last time. Between our regular WGTR and tjhe spec WGTR class we created, we have about 20 normal racers and I would like to keep it growing and give them honest answers when asked.

The updated body list will help for the next indoor season. I would not ban any bodies this indoor season just in case there is someone out there running one currently. Most indoor tracks start back up in October so maybe use a July effective date to allow all to prep for the season.
I like specifying a start date in the future. Once CRC issues the final list we will see. Some of the add bodies can start being used (if they stay) at club races I am sure.
davidl likes this.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Ready to go through this add some electronics. Love the Ford GT look

Old 01-20-2024, 07:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rogt24
Ready to go through this add some electronics. Love the Ford GT look

I was also eying this body. It does look good
Old 01-20-2024, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dyoung
I appreciate your willingness. I think the "no communication" from CRC has been detrimental to the class. I know the tire issue last year and CRC's unwillingness to even acknowlege initially there was a problem cost our group several racers. When you have a track and attempt to support a manufacturer and their product and their is an issue that is disregarded it leaves a sour taste. A perfect example is the post that Paul from Gravity put out explaining his recent issues, acknowledge the problem, explain, give a path for correction, and racers accepted that graciously. I hear CRC has another upcoming tire change and it would be helpful to be transparent to all what will happen so there are no surprises like last time. Between our regular WGTR and tjhe spec WGTR class we created, we have about 20 normal racers and I would like to keep it growing and give them honest answers when asked.

The updated body list will help for the next indoor season. I would not ban any bodies this indoor season just in case there is someone out there running one currently. Most indoor tracks start back up in October so maybe use a July effective date to allow all to prep for the season.
Hi dyoung,

Thanks for the input, I appreciate your passion and concern for World GT-R. We are 100% committed to the class for the long term. I do apologize for the past issues.

I think the term "CRC's unwillingness" is a bit harsh. As many people know, we have been a bit "distracted" by a major fire at our facility that leveled our main building. Needless to say, it has been a huge challenge to keep the company pushing forward, all the while moving, storing, stepping over and dealing with fire debris and a building that basically needed to be rebuilt from the studs. We were displaced to a smaller secondary building where the entire staff had to adjust to new cramped working conditions. For almost a year, my workstation was the end of a plastic folding table. The CNC shop was displaced, it has been a tough road. Even today, we are still a long way from being "back to normal" or 100% restored. Despite all the negative, we are blessed that no one was hurt, we have rebuilt and we are stronger and back.

I would like to thank long-time World GT-R racer Ron Mick for jumping onboard to help with World GT-R. It is hard for me to stay on top of Facebook forums, RC Tech forums... Ron has been great sending updates and news.

We totally understand the desire to keep club racers happy and keep the class affordable and fun. Unlike many manufactures, we have a full retail store with a carpet track (and offroad dirt). We race twice per week, road course on Thursday and oval most Saturdays. Our GT tires are used on both nights with rubber tire truck being our biggest class on the oval. The World GT-R class has been our biggest class for road racing for since it's inception in 2015. On most club nights, we have at least a D main and sometimes beyond. We see top drivers as well as newer racers. We see what they experience, the problems they have and what can be improved. We have a ton of experience with the class and we race it weekly.

In an effort to keep the class strong, we continuously work on making the tires better and more affordable. We are known for having very competitive, World Championship winning cars at very affordable prices. We apply the same thinking to tires, batteries, etc. With COVID and recent world supply issues, keeping both supply and prices in check has been a challenge. In addition, it seems that raw material manufactures are folding and closing their doors daily. It is always a "work in progress". As soon as we have a product "perfect", some company closes or gets bought out by another and the game changes.

Please understand, if there are issues, it has nothing to do with "CRC's unwillingness" or lack of concern. We are always working on improvement but, especially recently, it is far from a perfect manufacturing environment.

I know from a racer standpoint AND from a hobbystore/racetrack owner standpoint, World GT-R is a great class and we will continue to try to make it better and more affordable. Now that the fire is behind us and we are getting closer to being "back to normal", we will have more time to focus.

Thanks for the support.

Frank Calandra
CRC

Last edited by Team CRC; 01-21-2024 at 05:26 AM.
Old 01-23-2024, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Quick question. Has the body list been updated at all? The published list that I've been able to find is roughly nine years old. Some of those bodies are just gone.
Old 01-23-2024, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sabin
Quick question. Has the body list been updated at all? The published list that I've been able to find is roughly nine years old. Some of those bodies are just gone.
Who is maintaining the WGT-R rules now? I thought that it was Dumper in the past. Not sure who might be doing it since he left CRC.
Old 01-23-2024, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Who is maintaining the WGT-R rules now? I thought that it was Dumper in the past. Not sure who might be doing it since he left CRC.
It is CRC. i was asked by Frank to work on the body list which i accepted. I decided to involve the racers on this thread and I appreciated allow the work and comments in establishing a list that I gave to Frank for approval or to modify as he, not I chooses. Like you said it was time for a update and Dumper that did it for CRC is no longer there.
MC Hamilton and NutDriver like this.
Old 01-23-2024, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by old_dude
It is CRC. i was asked by Frank to work on the body list which i accepted. I decided to involve the racers on this thread and I appreciated allow the work and comments in establishing a list that I gave to Frank for approval or to modify as he, not I chooses. Like you said it was time for a update and Dumper that did it for CRC is no longer there.
I see it's on the first post. Thanks for doing that.

What about those HPI bodies? Some have been gone for years.
Old 01-23-2024, 07:40 PM
Tech Initiate

I see it's on the first post. Thanks for doing that.

What about those HPI bodies? Some have been gone for years.
post #2708.. I do believe that's the updated version that was sent.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TKW0024
post #2708.. I do believe that's the updated version that was sent.
It was. A lot of discussion was put into it.
Also, I will add that it can be kept fluid. Based on the criteria we used a body can be added and even removed. We can't uncover all the rocks in the world as far as bodies go and manufacturers make new ones and discontinue the old one all the time.
HPI is interesting. Are they really making new stuff? It seems like they may be. What of the old is still available is another question. Readily available bodies to all is a consideration for the list.
TKW0024 likes this.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Just FYI, the Vittoria body has been discontinued by Protoform and replaced with the Venturi (Lotus Evija).

So eBay or the second-hand markets are your options for that one.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just FYI, the Vittoria body has been discontinued by Protoform and replaced with the Venturi (Lotus Evija).

So eBay or the second-hand markets are your options for that one.
If no longer available, it should come off the list. It was still listed on the Protoform website, though.
TKW0024 likes this.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
If no longer available, it should come off the list. It was still listed on the Protoform website, though.
Yeah, they need to fix that. It's pretty misleading when it says "buy now" and it brings you to a page that says "not available/out of stock".
MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Id love to see the new Mustang GT3 and Corvette Z06 GT3.R pulled into WGT bodies
Old 01-24-2024, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Id love to see the new Mustang GT3 and Corvette Z06 GT3.R pulled into WGT bodies
The Pf C8 is the closest you will get to the z06. The mustang would be great.

Last edited by old_dude; 01-25-2024 at 03:52 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.