World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree823Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 01-17-2024, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rogt24
I’ve got to see a pic of the CEFX😎
My CEFX. It started out as a bunch of parts from Josh’s basement. It used CFEX 1/12 rear pod plates and an Associated R5.1 front end. I have since switched to a Roche P10 pod for better ride height adjustments and the P12evo front end… well, because it is graphite.

MarkBurgess and LonnyJ1950 like this.
Old 01-18-2024, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
I've said it before, I think the Zoodiac is the fastest and I do not think that it belongs in this class. I much prefer the looks of the Corvette C7 ZR1 but it is a tick slower.
I am not in favor of the Zoo but if we need some variety and competition to the PF Vittoriia and the BD 720, we might want to keep it. If we keep it then the RTEK should be added (I feel) as it is a similar variation of the race car. The RTEK and Zoo are on the edge as far as closeness to the actual race car and I think you believe that too.
I agree to remove the Alfa. If we had some real race car pedigree it would be a go and we will keep that box closed.
I also think that the Venom goes. Not a good match after looking at it closer.
JCarr and TKW0024 like this.
Old 01-18-2024, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

So a thought, as I stated, the Zoo and RTEK would be the competition to the Vittoria and the 720. What about removing any body that blurs the line to LMP. That would be all four of them.
Honestly, I kind of like that idea.
Old 01-18-2024, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
So a thought, as I stated, the Zoo and RTEK would be the competition to the Vittoria and the 720. What about removing any body that blurs the line to LMP. That would be all four of them.
Honestly, I kind of like that idea.
I think the only one that should be removed is the Vittoria as that is based of a car that never raced in any series. The other 3 I think are ok as they do represent actual cars that raced and removing them would really short the body choices.
Old 01-18-2024, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JCarr
I think the only one that should be removed is the Vittoria as that is based of a car that never raced in any series. The other 3 I think are ok as they do represent actual cars that raced and removing them would really short the body choices.
This is just a opinion but backed by what races at our track and what I have run. There would still be 5 ultra competitive bodies (close to Zoo performance) Those would be the Akura, MXStang, ZR-1 Corvette, AR8 and the RS-01. All of those run at our track and there is little difference between them and the Zoo when properly set up. One point, the MXStang has a light weight option.
It is more about righting the ship to a truer GT class. Remember the only one of those I mentioned to remove that was on the list was the Zoo.and that was controversial at the time.
But this is just discussion as we need to do.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

You're correct, I was getting ahead of myself and thinking the Rtek and 720 were already on there. In that case losing the Zoo body wouldn't be as big of deal, at least to me it wouldn't be. I'm sure all the people running that body would have a different opinion. lol
Old 01-18-2024, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Wow, I really never got this irrational hatred towards the Zoodiac (at least not beyond people maybe not knowing which real race car is was modeled after), but I actually expected it to come up much earlier. Honestly, I think getting rid of the ZooRacing bodies (both Zoodiac and BWOAH) was actually one of the major motivations for creating this list in the first place (since it apparently cannot be done in USGT, to the dismay of some people). So many other problematic cars were (and still are) kept on this list despite evidence that they do not fit this "pure GT race cars" idea, or bodies that are actually totally different cars than the GT cars claimed on the list, but now the Zoodiac, an ok (not perfect) rendition of a real GT3 race car suddenly gets questioned again, for "not being done nicely enough" in some of its details (or whatever). You're seriously debating small details on this car to be incorrect while content to ignore all these other much bigger problems? Sorry, I tried, I really wanted to be helpful in getting this straight, but I simply cannot take this effort seriously any more. Go on, I'm sure you'll find a way to finally get rid of this terrible eye-sore made by ZooRacing that has had you up in arms for so long, once and for all. Just keep pushing a little more!
dyoung, MC Hamilton and Scott_T like this.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

If this is how you rebuild a class? Simply any GT style body with either a WGT or WGT-R .
Old 01-18-2024, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
My CEFX. It started out as a bunch of parts from Josh’s basement. It used CFEX 1/12 rear pod plates and an Associated R5.1 front end. I have since switched to a Roche P10 pod for better ride height adjustments and the P12evo front end… well, because it is graphite.

I still have my CEFX, which was probably the only WGT kit here in the UK. That said I haven't seen many others, so it is good to see another!

Mine has the L4 front end (there were spacers to fit either R5 or L4 front ends) and a HotBodies center shock. Why those...well that's what Josh was running at the time :-D

MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BullFrog
If this is how you rebuild a class? Simply any GT style body with either a WGT or WGT-R .
Those bodies were done away with long ago (the original ones) and actually noted as not being legal by Dumper. That was so long ago that the only one I remember is the PSE.
Goal is to modernize somewhat.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

If I were in charge of the class, I would approve any body that is in the spirit of the GT racing cars, so would include the Alfa and the Mazda thing. And not approve cars that are too lay back like an LMP car (like the Ares-1) or too spaceship touring car cab forward high roofed. There would be room for "GT Style" bodies if the decision makers were clear on why they reject certain bodies.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DirkW
Wow, I really never got this irrational hatred towards the Zoodiac (at least not beyond people maybe not knowing which real race car is was modeled after), but I actually expected it to come up much earlier. Honestly, I think getting rid of the ZooRacing bodies (both Zoodiac and BWOAH) was actually one of the major motivations for creating this list in the first place (since it apparently cannot be done in USGT, to the dismay of some people). So many other problematic cars were (and still are) kept on this list despite evidence that they do not fit this "pure GT race cars" idea, or bodies that are actually totally different cars than the GT cars claimed on the list, but now the Zoodiac, an ok (not perfect) rendition of a real GT3 race car suddenly gets questioned again, for "not being done nicely enough" in some of its details (or whatever). You're seriously debating small details on this car to be incorrect while content to ignore all these other much bigger problems? Sorry, I tried, I really wanted to be helpful in getting this straight, but I simply cannot take this effort seriously any more. Go on, I'm sure you'll find a way to finally get rid of this terrible eye-sore made by ZooRacing that has had you up in arms for so long, once and for all. Just keep pushing a little more!
The Zoo was a questionable body from day one on the list. I told Dumper that way back as soon as it hit. Really not enough like the real race car that they built something like 100 of (street and race). I believe that even McLaren has moved on from the car to a more representative vehicle.as a good manufacturer would do.
The BOWHA was never on the list. But cars were run at tracks that weren't on it for a long time. Understand the purpose of the list.
I can see from the discussion that you happen to be the only one adamant about keeping it. Others are not but on the fence..
But I wanted everyone's opinion and yours is noted.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I also believe the Zoodiac should stay. I think there are several USGT bodies representative of full size cars and removing the most popular would be class suicide. I mentioned prior but our track has been discussing the USGT bodies as a norm to eliminate the nonsense. Only problem is others not doing the same so a potential body change might be required to run elsewhere, but the reality no one knows what any of these are nor what is legal.
nik77356 likes this.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dyoung
I also believe the Zoodiac should stay. I think there are several USGT bodies representative of full size cars and removing the most popular would be class suicide. I mentioned prior but our track has been discussing the USGT bodies as a norm to eliminate the nonsense. Only problem is others not doing the same so a potential body change might be required to run elsewhere, but the reality no one knows what any of these are nor what is legal.
Does MC's list make it clearer?
I have raced WGTR from its first days and known Dumper longer than that, I can't tell you how many times I have been asked if a body is legal in all those years at our track. Most of those asking don't check the list even though they know that there is one. Others don't know how it was generated.
A requirement I was given by Frank was realistic GT3-GT4 class bodies and try and keep it from a 1 body class. Just so you know. We have been trying to do that. If we did it from a current real race car perspective and maybe even followed bodies similar to what will be racing at Daytona in a couple of weeks, that list would be really short.
So we have to work it out.
I will be the one sending it to Frank for final approval.
Someone has to make the final cut and I am really trying to make it close to what he asked for.
MC Hamilton and TKW0024 like this.
Old 01-18-2024, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Been kicking this around for a while and I don't understand why the 720 wouldn't make the cut.

https://www.imsa.com/manufacturers/mclaren/
TKW0024 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.