World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree823Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 01-16-2024, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
Out of curiosity I checked Amain and they have 13 HPI bodies in stock. HPI17548 was one of them. I would keep it at least. It will probably be heavy but if a racer wants to run it , it does rep the BMW GT2 car very well.
I would also cut the Nissan 370Z. The only body I could find is a road car and not a GT race car. No rear wing, so no one is going to run it anyway.
Old 01-16-2024, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Thoughts? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=666349674

AsphaltFlyer likes this.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Again, if the Alfa has never been raced or even homologated in any GT class, it should not be on the list, if that is a requirement for other cars. It being in a game like Gran Tourismo is not enough reason to make it legal in my eyes. Otherwise this list would just be playing favorites.
MC Hamilton and TKW0024 like this.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The bitty venom is not a Ferrari, it is this. https://www.hennesseyspecialvehicles.com/
Another car that has never raced in a GT class.
MC Hamilton and DirkW like this.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Also, just my thought here, what does it matter if a body is too heavy? Some people like the look and are not in pursuit of ultimate lightness and speed. Unless there is a max weight rule, I don't see the point of banning a body because it's heavier than others. The body list looks good though and I appreciate everyone's efforts and the pretty civil discussion. I also just realized the Exotek R-tek(Audi R8 GT3) body is not on the list. I thought you said you were going to include that one, but I might have missed where you changed your mind.
davidl, MC Hamilton and TKW0024 like this.
Old 01-17-2024, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

I tried to find a version of the Alfa that raced and even though the R/C version looks like a good fit, I can not find a real race car. I must admit that I was fooled by the virtual version.
Maybe because it is so true to the street car and its version is really good as a GT car we let it in? I don't want to open Pandora's box though. Others?
I have re-examined the Venom and I think I agree that it is not the 488.
Lets discuss the R-Tek. I have used it in USGT and always though that it was a stretch to call it the Audi. But others thoughts please.
MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 01-17-2024, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

It's the Audi, but with the roof line stretched to the rear. It took me a while to put my finger on why it looked odd. Kinda like like the montec RSGT3 and it's stretched nose, that one bugged me from the first time I saw it. They both "sorta' resemble the real car in a cartoonish way.
MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 01-17-2024, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JCarr
It's the Audi, but with the roof line stretched to the rear. It took me a while to put my finger on why it looked odd. Kinda like like the montec RSGT3 and it's stretched nose, that one bugged me from the first time I saw it. They both "sorta' resemble the real car in a cartoonish way.
It is funny but I live in a area of northern Ohio where there are quite a few high end cars around (when it is warm). A friend of mine got the Bitty AR8. The day after I saw his RC body I drove along side a Audi R8 street car. Very similar but the street car has a much lower profile, more like the RTEK but the AR8 has the proper nose to the street version.
Like you said it sorta resembles the race car. The only issue is that is a much older version of the car that Audi raced, something like 08-09. I cut the Pagani for that reason but that was 03.
JCarr likes this.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I swear the Vittoria isn't a Ferrari either, but for the life of me I can't find the discussion of what it is ... that's what makes Facebook great right?
MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

old_dude - questions
- Do you want to remove cars like the Alfa and the Venom (I changed the name to Hennessey on the list - thanks Jcar) or leave them on as a discussion point with Frank? I could go either way on them... they are close enough to the spirit of the class, but close enough is a terrible measure for rule setting and could open pandora's box as you and Dirk have mentioned.
- Thinking we should add the Exotek R-tek(Audi R8 GT3) for the discussion?

Jcarr - concerning weight, the heavier bodies create massive traction roll issues that make the cars impossible to drive and are way less fun. No one uses the heavier bodies. So if they are on the list, the are on there for that one guy who is into it scale realism. You could look at it from both sides of the coin. One side, heavier bodies won't get used so they are irrelevant to have on the list. Or the other side, heavier bodies won't be used by most so there is no harm having them on the list.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton

Jcarr - concerning weight, the heavier bodies create massive traction roll issues that make the cars impossible to drive and are way less fun. No one uses the heavier bodies. So if they are on the list, the are on there for that one guy who is into it scale realism. You could look at it from both sides of the coin. One side, heavier bodies won't get used so they are irrelevant to have on the list. Or the other side, heavier bodies won't be used by most so there is no harm having them on the list.
You definitely make a great point on the 2 views. I was just thinking to have them on there for more choices, but there is a better variety of bodies than what I thought there would be, looking at the current list. Having said that, it would knock the list down by a few(HPI and PF GT).
Old 01-17-2024, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

The only cars that I think look out of place on the list are the two Lexus. They are old school touring car bodies so I could really do without them. The photos really do help.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=666349674
Old 01-17-2024, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
I swear the Vittoria isn't a Ferrari either, but for the life of me I can't find the discussion of what it is ... that's what makes Facebook great right?
Yeah, it's bugging me too. I'm sure it was discussed here on tech what it was, but I can't find it. Pretty sure it wasn't a Ferrari, but if it is, I think it's a very stand off scale 488. Remove the lower opening of the intake behind the door and it looks close.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...&bih=709&dpr=1
MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 01-17-2024, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Found the Vittoria. Had to search way back in the USGT thread to find it.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...&bih=709&dpr=1
Old 01-17-2024, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Not that the Venom wasn't mentioned way earlier by someone else several pages back at #2622:
Originally Posted by DirkW
The Vittoria body is many years older than the F 296 - so a 488 maybe - or 458 or even a 430 GT3. The Venom body is no Ferrari at all, but a Hennessey Venom F5 super car IMHO.
The Senna and Artura are two entirely different cars from McLaren.
Also the Mon-tech Trofeo is not a Huracan but a Gallardo GT3
All that got me was an indignant reply - someone else mentions the same cars later, and it's "thank you". Should I take that personally?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.