Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree810Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 12-01-2023, 01:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Rear axle spacing

I'm running a straight axle on my CRC gen x 10 rt and noticed one side was way shorter from center than the other. Should both sides be even length or does it matter?

Last edited by Ice45man; 12-01-2023 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice45man
I'm running a straight axle on my CRC gen x 10 rt and noticed one side was way shorter from center than the other. Should both sides be even length or does it matter?
What matters is that the rear wheels are centered on the car. Most cars have a small hole in the lower pod plate that is the chassis center. For on road racing the tieres must be equal distance from that hole or you will have handling issues. Length of axle only matters in getting the hubs properly clamped up.
Ice45man likes this.
Old 12-04-2023, 07:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default What to use for kingpin dampening?

What can you use or is best for King pin dampening lubrication? I've heard grease and some say silicone oil. What would be the best or the most common? If it's silicone what .wt would be best to start with?
Old 12-04-2023, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice45man
What can you use or is best for King pin dampening lubrication? I've heard grease and some say silicone oil. What would be the best or the most common? If it's silicone what .wt would be best to start with?
I have used Budís silicone grease, if you can find it. Wayne may carry something similar at The Gate in Cleveland.

I also like CRC tube lube or Kyosho 15k diff grease.

Most of the silicone lubes drip off the kingpin vs a diff lube.
Ice45man likes this.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For at least the time being, QCRC is allowing any USGT legal body to be used in WGTR. The list is not being maintained currently and there are several new bodies. Most of the bodies in use were already USGT legal so it seems like a logical option since there is no "real" sanctioning for this class. Thoughts?
Old 12-07-2023, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Don't do it. Or at least be super careful.

There's a few usgt bodies that would be a major advantage. No I wont say which ones.

The Wgtr body list is fine. There's a couple bodies that should be added maybe.

Usgt is turning into a wtf blob class. No scale realism most of the time. Lucky that the cars are so heavy that they aren't body sensitive. But wgtr is very sensitive.
GregAnthony likes this.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dyoung
For at least the time being, QCRC is allowing any USGT legal body to be used in WGTR. The list is not being maintained currently and there are several new bodies. Most of the bodies in use were already USGT legal so it seems like a logical option since there is no "real" sanctioning for this class. Thoughts?
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update on the WGTR news...

If you think a body belongs on the list, feel free to drop us an email at [email protected]. We are always interested in new body submissions and as you know CRC does NOT offer a World GTR body and has no skin in the game. As it has been for years, the body needs to replicate a scaled down real race car. We have not had a request for a new review in quite sometime.

If you have a body you think belongs on the list, send us a note at [email protected].

Other news... Cleveland World GT-R racing was great. As always, good close racing with scale appearance. There were a few different brands of cars represented with quite a few different bodies being used in the A-main. Unlike many other classes, there seems to be a number of bodies that can perform at the top and win. World GT-R is far from a "1 body dominates" class. Top 3 qualifiers at the champs had 3 different bodies.

Lets keep pushing the World GT-R class, it is a great affordable class with scale realism. Any comments or suggestions, send us an email. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2023, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

The WGTR rule set recently changed management and CRC them selves are now going to take it over as you have seen. I really want them to follow Dumpers pasion for the scale look. This class evolved from WGT which had a tighter body spec. USGT used to have the same thing but it has become different. Look at any other TC class except VTA and you can see what we don't want to have happen.
Kudos to CRC for taking this on.
nik77356 and LonnyJ1950 like this.
Old 12-08-2023, 08:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The list was last last update earlier this year. For the most part he doesn't allow the bubble hyper-cars. How many bodies have been released that are normal GT style bodies?
Old 12-08-2023, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

There had been zero updates about whom was doing what and it seemed destined to die a slow death. At least now there is some response. Prior to today. How would anyone known to submit and to whom. Hood news and hopefully there continues to be updates. Its one of qcrc bigger classes.
Old 12-08-2023, 09:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

There had been zero updates about whom was doing what and it seemed destined to die a slow death. At least now there is some response. Prior to today. How would anyone known to submit and to whom. Hood news and hopefully there continues to be updates. It's one of qcrc bigger classes.
Until recently, Brian Wynn took care of it. That is who you could submit body request to. Now it looks like it's handled through CRC.
Old 12-08-2023, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Yes and he was active but since his departure crickets. Hopefully that changes. Just curios, what full size car does the zoodiac represent?
Old 12-08-2023, 09:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yes and he was active but since his departure crickets. Hopefully that changes. Just curios, what full size car does the zoodiac represent?
A loose conglomeration of Mclarens. Similar to how the Agata is to Lamborghini's.
Old 12-08-2023, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
A loose conglomeration of Mclarens. Similar to how the Agata is to Lamborghini's.
Mostly a McLaren Mp4-12c, if you ask me.
mrreet2001 likes this.
Old 12-09-2023, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

I for one don't believe that the Zoodiac should be on there.
Best new GT style bodies are the Akura which looks very true to the Acura NSX GT class race car. C8 by PF. I like the R01 and it is true to a very linited production car/race car but it isn' on the list.
That is to name a few.
Please , no squisked down, blobbed out or what the heck is that supposed to be bodies.
I would really go for a version of the new Ford Mustang GT4 or Dark Horse.
TOM MAR likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.