World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree849Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 01-31-2023, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
The PF C8 does well in Bowling Green Ohio. I couldn't keep the zodiac off it's roof.
I do extensive body on track testing and the C8 is just slower. Main reason is the rear portion of the car is significantly higher than the Zodiac or the Akura. When Dumper was running one at the Birds he asked me for my opinion because he knows I do that. The best PF body is the C& ZR1. But it doesn't seem to matter. I just checked their website and all of the 1/10 scale Corvette bodies are not there anymore. I don't know why.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
I do extensive body on track testing and the C8 is just slower. Main reason is the rear portion of the car is significantly higher than the Zodiac or the Akura. When Dumper was running one at the Birds he asked me for my opinion because he knows I do that. The best PF body is the C& ZR1. But it doesn't seem to matter. I just checked their website and all of the 1/10 scale Corvette bodies are not there anymore. I don't know why.
That's a shame on the Corvette ZR1 not being available. I have gotten my cars to work pretty similarly with the Zoo and the ZR1. I prefer the ZR1 as it looks more real world correct. I hate that the Zoo was allowed in. I don't know if it is a mental thing, but if I am at a race and have the top spot in control, I run the ZR1. But if the fast guys show up, I go back to the Zoo. It's just a tick faster... maybe.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just looked and all the corvettes are there and available.
MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 02-01-2023, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=JCarr;15977534]I just looked and all the corvettes are there and available. [/QUOTE
I see now, under T/C. I was checking on-road.
JCarr likes this.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Think I'm in need of a new motor. What newer motors are you having good success with? Seems some motors are good on 2s but not necessarily 1s. Slot Machine? G4? MC4? Others?
Old 02-07-2023, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Greg Anthony I had a blast racing with davidl this past weekend in Bowling Green. Are you up for a trip down on Feb 19th? Also planning to race the March 4th event there.

David is fast in WGTR and so is a guy named Noah. We had a good race together. Noah and I handed the main to David where we both made the same lap one mistake, but David was TQ and deserved the win anyway.
davidl likes this.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
Greg Anthony I had a blast racing with davidl this past weekend in Bowling Green. Are you up for a trip down on Feb 19th? Also planning to race the March 4th event there.

David is fast in WGTR and so is a guy named Noah. We had a good race together. Noah and I handed the main to David where we both made the same lap one mistake, but David was TQ and deserved the win anyway.
Seems like a back handed/front handed compliment. First time in all these years I finished ahead of you. Also had fastest lap of the day. Let's see, TQ, Fasted lap, Main win, great day in paradise. But I still need that other motor.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What spools fit the Roche WGTR?
Old 02-08-2023, 05:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Lol Now i can put a face to the name. Im the one who stuck right behind you all day in GT12.
MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 02-08-2023, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ozerdam
Pretty sure it is just a standard 1/10 rear axle. One fitting anything else would should work.
davidl likes this.
Old 02-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by davidl
Seems like a back handed/front handed compliment. First time in all these years I finished ahead of you. Also had fastest lap of the day. Let's see, TQ, Fasted lap, Main win, great day in paradise. But I still need that other motor.
David, it was a compliment. I always enjoy racing with you. I told Noah before the run that you and I have a lot of respect for each other so if either of us where to make a mistake and tap the other that we'd wait for each other - and that would be how Noah would win. Turned out that Noah and I both ran out of talent on lap one and hit the same dot. Noah followed me right over it.

Originally Posted by ozerdam
Roche makes one. Any 1/12th scale spool should work. If you have a diff in it now, you could knock out the pin holding the axle diff ring holder and replace that with a 1/12th scale clamping hub. Lot's of options.

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
Lol Now i can put a face to the name. Im the one who stuck right behind you all day in GT12.
Awesome! Was wondering if that was you. We are going to race down there when we can. I also want to support Bay City since they've built such a nice track.
davidl likes this.
Old 02-08-2023, 04:20 PM
Tech Initiate

3/4-3/5 it looks like.

2/19 is the Daytona 500...

there is always every Friday at Larry's
Old 02-13-2023, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

David, it was a compliment. I always enjoy racing with you. I told Noah before the run that you and I have a lot of respect for each other so if either of us where to make a mistake and tap the other that we'd wait for each other - and that would be how Noah would win. Turned out that Noah and I both ran out of talent on lap one and hit the same dot. Noah followed me right over it.

Roche makes one. Any 1/12th scale spool should work. If you have a diff in it now, you could knock out the pin holding the axle diff ring holder and replace that with a 1/12th scale clamping hub. Lot's of options.

Awesome! Was wondering if that was you. We are going to race down there when we can. I also want to support Bay City since they've built such a nice track.
I guess I should have waited for you two after both of you hit barriers.
Old 02-13-2023, 01:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by davidl
I guess I should have waited for you two after both of you hit barriers.
1/2 the time it works 60% of the time...
Old 02-14-2023, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Guys: Anyone living near road trip distance should think about Feb 24-25. The brand spanking new NORCAR Raceway near Lodi, Ohio, is holding their Grand Opening event. Friday is a practice day with a 3 Q and mains race day. We have been breaking in the surface (brand new CRC black) for traction. The facility is top flight to boot from of a bunch of really hard working racers.
davidl, MC Hamilton and JCarr like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.