World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree823Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 03-02-2022, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidl
If you bring yours, there will be two. You and me. And I will only be there Sunday.
I sold my F1. I do want to race WGTR and some 1/12th scale with you, David. When does your indoor season end? I can probably do a few April and May.
Old 03-02-2022, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
I sold my F1. I do want to race WGTR and some 1/12th scale with you, David. When does your indoor season end? I can probably do a few April and May.
Hey Keith. Our season is supposed to end Nov 30. There are some drivers that want to extend into April since there isn't any outdoor season this year. A decision on the actual closing date for the indoor track will be made in the next week or two. I have no clue which way this will go.
Old 03-02-2022, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by davidl
Hey Keith. Our season is supposed to end Nov 30. There are some drivers that want to extend into April since there isn't any outdoor season this year. A decision on the actual closing date for the indoor track will be made in the next week or two. I have no clue which way this will go.
Bay City races into May/June then we tend to be open, but mostly practice days during the summer.
Old 03-03-2022, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Keep your eyes open for summer dates at the Gate. We race all year round and will have a few special events I am sure. Our "Summer Slam" in July with the "Ring of Death" is typically well attended. We have a good WGTR class as well as GT12 rubber.
Rick Vessell and MC Hamilton like this.
Old 03-03-2022, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
Keep your eyes open for summer dates at the Gate. We race all year round and will have a few special events I am sure. Our "Summer Slam" in July with the "Ring of Death" is typically well attended. We have a good WGTR class as well as GT12 rubber.
we had a really good wgt-r thing going here in Pa, till our landlords screwed us over... i am going to run some outdoor dates at tracks just to try to keep guys interested till i can figure out a plan going forward.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

The Body list has been updated, listing the Bitty Designs Ahura.

Also, the rule regarding the tires sticking out of the bodies, has been amended. Tires can now stick outside of the bodies as long the over all width of the car is within the 200mm maximum.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hi all, my firend's X10 22 is having issues flippin on it's side when entering curves. It is setup for WGTR class. The setup is pretty basic except for extra shims to get the ride height high enough for this class (5.2 mm). His pod shock has a 3dot black spring and the rest is as per kit.

Now, I have basically the same setup and not experiencing the car flipping over on it's side. I am running a Tekin 17.5 and he is running a Sonic 13.5 motor. The rest is the same except that his car is 17 grams lighter than mine.

We are scratching our heads and need some input on whta we can try to solve the problem before our Sunday race.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2022, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

Hi
You can try to widden the rear with shims , and soften the lateral dampers (grease and springs)
it will gives the car more roll in the entry and counter the flip effect

if this doesn't work you can apply some CA on the front tires , only on the wall (side)
Old 04-01-2022, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Wil give it a try ! Thanks
Old 04-01-2022, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Canuck
Hi all, my firend's X10 22 is having issues flippin on it's side when entering curves. It is setup for WGTR class. The setup is pretty basic except for extra shims to get the ride height high enough for this class (5.2 mm). His pod shock has a 3dot black spring and the rest is as per kit.

Now, I have basically the same setup and not experiencing the car flipping over on it's side. I am running a Tekin 17.5 and he is running a Sonic 13.5 motor. The rest is the same except that his car is 17 grams lighter than mine.

We are scratching our heads and need some input on whta we can try to solve the problem before our Sunday race.

Thanks
try putting some CA on the front tires side wall only, should calm it down in the corners also check your ride height.. good luck.!
Old 04-11-2022, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Canuck

Thanks
Which body are you running? The body makes a HUGE difference. Most of them that are under 95 grams work. Any of the heavier ones put a lot of weight up in the canopy of the body and roll more.

Other things to try:
Soften the springs and damping to let the chassis roll a bit
Increase front droop to 1mm or more
Glue more of the front tire sidewall, but be careful - once you've added too much, you're kinda stuck. I suggest having a couple sets of fronts, one glued to cover the CRC label and one that goes to the line near the top of the tire.
I also noticed that having changed to a spool, the car wants to traction roll more than with a diff. If your car is really bad at flipping, maybe run a diff?
Old 04-11-2022, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
Which body are you running? The body makes a HUGE difference. Most of them that are under 95 grams work. Any of the heavier ones put a lot of weight up in the canopy of the body and roll more.

Other things to try:
Soften the springs and damping to let the chassis roll a bit
Increase front droop to 1mm or more
Glue more of the front tire sidewall, but be careful - once you've added too much, you're kinda stuck. I suggest having a couple sets of fronts, one glued to cover the CRC label and one that goes to the line near the top of the tire.
I also noticed that having changed to a spool, the car wants to traction roll more than with a diff. If your car is really bad at flipping, maybe run a diff?
He is running a Zoodiac body. He did soften the front end and added droop and that did the trick.

Thanks for the help.
MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 08-14-2022, 01:25 PM
Suspended

Default World GTR

I have an old 3Rscing f109. I have put a F203gt front bumper on it and made carbon mounts for the rear. I woyld like to install a World GT body. The car measures out to 200mm but the wheelbase is 268mm. Will most WGT bodies accept this wheelbase or do I have to get "creative" with the wheel arches? I do not plan to race; just outdoor basketball and tennis court running.
Old 08-29-2022, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Associated 10R5.1

Working on a chassis for this class, with a budget in mind, what would be the top 3 single cell lipos?
Old 08-29-2022, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chuck in indy
Working on a chassis for this class, with a budget in mind, what would be the top 3 single cell lipos?
SMC if buying new. You can find good used ones in the marketplace either here or on Facebook.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.