Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree849Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 11-05-2019, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

We can't put rear foams in the front tires and be legal anymore. Not that it worked anyway.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
A small update to the rules has been added. The Mon-Tech Trofeo GST has been added to the body list, and the tire rules have been made more specific due to some people spending more time trying to skate around the rules than work on their cars.
Hey dumper running gtr in Cleveland this month. I run an Xray. So the rules state you can't cut the body outside of any factory lines. The xray even in short configuration which i run is a half inch off the wheel well on Protoform, Zoo racing, and Bitty WGTR bodies. Is this set in stone on that part of the body?? Numerous people have stated the same thing at tracks. Any input would be great!
Thanks
Old 11-06-2019, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Without a corner closeup that I don't have, this is my current best pic. Flappers are 1/4" LDPE and the secret is installing them with just the right amount of tension basically forming a spring. On gentle corners we make sure there is a gap between the boards and the flapper. some corners we put foam at the hard impact point (trail end of final board. All of this helps and even reduces the need to marshal cars that hit them as they bounce off.
This is the Halloween Classic layout.
Rick Vessell and Zerodefect like this.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BullFrog
I must have missed something what are the new tire rules?
It was clearly defining that you must use front inserts in the front tires and rears in rears. Also plugging or modifying the vent holes in the rim is now stated as illegal.
We had a oval racer use front inserts in the rear tires and plug the holes at a resent race. I let Dumper know about it so he covered it in the rules. He set TQ, was inspected and the tires found. Lost two qualifiers, his pride and now will have a reputation. To be fair it was a gray area and that is why he was allowed to continue racing in the event. But with his car setup for the other tires and only a few minutes of practice with a new set it killed him in the class.
TOM MAR likes this.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Merminator
Hey dumper running gtr in Cleveland this month. I run an Xray. So the rules state you can't cut the body outside of any factory lines. The xray even in short configuration which i run is a half inch off the wheel well on Protoform, Zoo racing, and Bitty WGTR bodies. Is this set in stone on that part of the body?? Numerous people have stated the same thing at tracks. Any input would be great!
Thanks

That rule is for bumper height and to prevent slammed bodies. I don't think anyone cares if you move the wheel wells.

IIRC, there's a couple bodies that only have the front wells molded in. I'll check.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

On the clarity in the tire rules. Having someone get caught outside the spirit of the rules is what brings us to things we may not like. Handout motors, tire saucing tables and handout tires just to mention a few. Seeking a gray area advantage or just out and out cheating is just not acceptable and ruins the spirit of amateur racing. We do this for fun folks, don't ruin it.
davidl and liljohn1064 like this.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Merminator
Thanks
That is not a problem. As someone said, the intent was to stop people from slamming bodies.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by old_dude
Mark: Dumper went to that body after racing against me at "The Gate". A case of an old dog teaching a pup a new trick. Lol
i would hardly call dumper a pup. hahahahaha.
Rick Vessell and davidl like this.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
Yea, he is definitely in between pup and old dog. He still listens and is willing to change when he sees something worth trying. But also, he can be stubborn at the right time. (tic)
Old 11-06-2019, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by dumper
That is not a problem. As someone said, the intent was to stop people from slamming bodies.
Thank you sir! The only thing I slam is a cold one every once in awhile I'm too slow anyways..lol
Old 11-06-2019, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by al dente
To me he is. I am getting way to close to 70.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:46 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Ran my wgtr car last night fit the first time. It was surprisingly ok to drive!
I ran two packs with the Ford gt body, and 2 packs with the mx stang. Mx stang made the car feel much more nimble. The gt felt sluggish and needed a lot of brake to get it to turn. I also had a handful of grip rolls with the gt but none with the mx stang.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude

Without a corner closeup that I don't have, this is my current best pic. Flappers are 1/4" LDPE and the secret is installing them with just the right amount of tension basically forming a spring. On gentle corners we make sure there is a gap between the boards and the flapper. some corners we put foam at the hard impact point (trail end of final board. All of this helps and even reduces the need to marshal cars that hit them as they bounce off.
This is the Halloween Classic layout.
Personally, I found the boards at the Halloween Classic pretty unforgiving. People more often turn in short of the rounded end of the flapper and hit the solid board head on. Craig Stewart in Bay City has been playing with single board to the end with a more tear drop shaped flapper and sitting that on top of a round flat plastic circle (same stuff the oval guys use on the corners - do they still call it ice?). The flapper moves more easily and small mistakes don't destroy the cars. You can kind of see it in this picture.
JamesReilly likes this.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton

Personally, I found the boards at the Halloween Classic pretty unforgiving. People more often turn in short of the rounded end of the flapper and hit the solid board head on. Craig Stewart in Bay City has been playing with single board to the end with a more tear drop shaped flapper and sitting that on top of a round flat plastic circle (same stuff the oval guys use on the corners - do they still call it ice?). The flapper moves more easily and small mistakes don't destroy the cars. You can kind of see it in this picture.
We have done that also. we also have ice with small dots (glued down) on it. And of course we have the Dave Berry "Ring of Death". If you have ever been to our Summer Slam you will know what that is. You will never break your car on it but it can bight you.
JamesReilly likes this.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Oh yes....that damn Ring of Death! Grab little too much and it'll pull ya right in, if ya race it, youll completely get it. Lol
XSRCdesign likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.