World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree271Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 06-07-2019, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
Thanks OldDude. If and when the new rules come out it maybe legal again by adding weight to the body. But until then it is illegal for any major race.
I ran mine at the Birds and then again at Access for their Ian Ruggles Memorial. They had made an exception for that race only. I had the body up to weight. Great handling and looking body and I hope Dumper allows it back. He has an issue (rightfully so) with half of us yahoos not being skilled enough to weigh up the car appropriately.
XSRCdesign likes this.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
I ran mine at the Birds and then again at Access for their Ian Ruggles Memorial. They had made an exception for that race only. I had the body up to weight. Great handling and looking body and I hope Dumper allows it back. He has an issue (rightfully so) with half of us yahoos not being skilled enough to weigh up the car appropriately.
Iím still holding out hope. This last one I painted for USGT I got to 94g before adding anything.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Same for me, my solution: add lexan stripes for obtain 95,5gr
Old 06-10-2019, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I gotta ask this because I'm a little confused.. a rubber tire class for sports car bodies correct? How is it possible that the Corvette body isn't legal..
Old 06-10-2019, 07:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Racermac73 View Post
I gotta ask this because I'm a little confused.. a rubber tire class for sports car bodies correct? How is it possible that the Corvette body isn't legal..
Without beating a dead horse to death again. (Too much)

its pretty light, and I guess people donít know how to add weight...
Old 06-10-2019, 11:01 PM
Tech Initiate

I think that light bodywork should be allowed and the minimum weight of the chassis is not 1025gr but rather 975gr would be more coherent and would allow better performance
Old 06-11-2019, 03:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by typhon92 View Post
I think that light bodywork should be allowed and the minimum weight of the chassis is not 1025gr but rather 975gr would be more coherent and would allow better performance
Leave 1025 alone. It is hard for some cars to get there and there is no reason to improve the performance.
XSRCdesign likes this.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:01 AM
Tech Initiate

on my P10 I have a servo low-profil 1/10 and I had to add 40gr to get to the legal weight.

in training i tried to run without my 40gr and I win 0,2s per turn, I think isnít negligible.
Many drivers of Pancar prefer to drive with lightweight body, I think you too?
Old 06-11-2019, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Weight

It is pretty dumb that in most all onroad classes (not just WGT) that the minimum weight rules require virtually everybody to pile a bunch of useless ballast weight on the cars just to be legal. Over time the cars and especially the electronics evolve and become lighter. So it would only make sense for the rules to be adjusted occasionally...... perhaps so that the weight of a not so light chassis fitted with older (aka heavier electronics) and a std weight body (not a flimsy light one) established where the minimum weight cutoff should be.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
It is pretty dumb that in most all onroad classes (not just WGT) that the minimum weight rules require virtually everybody to pile a bunch of useless ballast weight on the cars just to be legal. Over time the cars and especially the electronics evolve and become lighter. So it would only make sense for the rules to be adjusted occasionally...... perhaps so that the weight of a not so light chassis fitted with older (aka heavier electronics) and a std weight body (not a flimsy light one) established where the minimum weight cutoff should be.
Im in favor of the body weight rule if the bodies used thicker and stronger lexan.. all the one color throw aways are past getting old. If bodies lasted a while again maybe we would see nice paint jobs again.. but I'd like to see that rule for all classes, not just 1 or 2
Old 06-11-2019, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

I'm only running 21-28 grams of weight. No big deal. Worse is 12th scale, where all of our cars are overweight. Leaving no room for adding weight to balance the chassis.

I only have 7g added to my f1.

If they start allowing light bodies again, I hope they rule that the added body weight needs added to the roof, not the rear bumper. The body weight rule is to keep the class from being a single body class. If any single body has a major advantage, we'll all run it. And that would be lame.

Light bodies and light cars belong in 12th scale. Don't ruin a perfectly good class, when there's already another one that fits your needs.
XSRCdesign likes this.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:07 AM
Tech Initiate

At the Snowbird I drove with the zr1 that was close to the legal weight and yet I realized a great painting.

On my P12 Roche I had to add 15gr that allowed me to balance it and yet I drive with an AMR light and paint on the Aerograph.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

I run a body at the 95g limit. My car has 20g of weight added and all the smaller lighter electronics. Yes the cars handle much better with the weight down as low as possible. That is basic physics. We just don't need a overall car weight adjustment. Body weight rule I agree with.
MC Hamilton likes this.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by typhon92 View Post
At the Snowbird I drove with the zr1 that was close to the legal weight and yet I realized a great painting.

On my P12 Roche I had to add 15gr that allowed me to balance it and yet I drive with an AMR light and paint on the Aerograph.

Does your 1/12 body still make min weight if you take off the window mask?
aracefan likes this.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:47 PM
Tech Initiate

It's not the window mask, itís the yellow paint

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service