Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree328Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 05-15-2019, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default IIC WGT-R

Has anyone else noticed GT-R is not listed as a class for this years IIC?
Old 05-15-2019, 10:16 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Because the class was practically dead last year.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Bring back foam tire World GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1/8 IC Fan and Lone Drifter like this.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
IIC was practically dead last year.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It wasn't a good idea to hold it so close to the Indoor Champs.
MUDVAYNE and MC Hamilton like this.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
I know right. There's a lot of racers that thought that was a pretty big D!ck move. I hope the Indoor Champs blows them away in attendance this year.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
I know right. There's a lot of racers that thought that was a pretty big D!ck move. I hope the Indoor Champs blows them away in attendance this year.
I heard that the host hotel forced Scotty to take an undesirable (too close to champs) date last year. It wasn't his choice. As mentioned, this is just what I 'heard'. Seems the guy above must know the real story.....surely he wouldn't call Scotty a dick without KNOWING all the details, right?
Old 05-17-2019, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

From Scotty in 2018...

As the New Year is upon us, we look toward another great year of racing and that means making plans for the 2018 IIC in Las Vegas.

For those of you who have attended our events in Las Vegas, you understand the amount of work and space that is required to hold it. You have seen large companies and exhibits happening at the same time as ours. This has made it increasingly difficult for us to find the necessary space and dates that work in our calendar. Since we are one of the smallest groups the hotel books, as the organizer of the IIC, we have to take dates and the space they offer. Sometimes, that means we have to change our dates which is the case for 2018. The hotel had only one option for us and we have no choice but to select Nov 13-18.

I fully understand that this is a conflict within our racing World as one week later the US Indoor Championships in Cleveland will be holding its annual event over Thanksgiving as they have done for the past 40 years. Those of you who know me, know my passion for this industry and my respect for tradition within our industry and would not move the IIC if I did not have to.

Registration for the IIC will open up on June 19th at 7pm CT. I will have all the classes posted in the coming weeks and full details of the event.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sps3172 View Post
I heard that the host hotel forced Scotty to take an undesirable (too close to champs) date last year. It wasn't his choice. As mentioned, this is just what I 'heard'. Seems the guy above must know the real story.....surely he wouldn't call Scotty a dick without KNOWING all the details, right?
Well, from what I've heard through the racing community, this is pretty light compared to some of the stuff he's pulled in the past. Do I know him? no. Do I want to? No not really. But heaven forbid if I express an opinion that doesn't put someone in a positive and warm fuzzy light.

I wonder how long it will be before the mods here take this post down because someone got butthurt?
Old 05-17-2019, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Is this the guy that screams over the mic for the whole race? Stuff we can see with our own eyes.

Even if he did schedule the race too close, the CLE guys can't complain. A race on a holiday? [ Pure genius there. Maybe schedule a race on Christmas morning, would have a bigger turnout?]

Thanksgiving sucks his year, might have to race instead. Weirdest race date, I've ever seen.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Didn't your mom tell u if u can't say nothing nice don't say nothing at all. LOL. there's always going to be someone that doesn't like what the next person has to say it's the way of the world especially now a days. Nothing better to do then complain or stick there nose were it don't belong and this site is becoming the same way for now on MUDVAYNE IT better be nothing but yes master no master coming out your mouth to be sure u don't hurt someone's delicate feelings. We live in a world of crybaby sissys. Hell it shows with all the rules we have now in on road racing. Spec this spec that. Guess what crybaby. U still won't win. Hahahaha
MUDVAYNE likes this.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

The Champs are the Champs. It was unfortunate that Scotty didn't have a choice. On the other hand The Champs at the venue they have had the last two years have a winner.
robk likes this.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Cleveland is sacred

the US Indoor Champs became a Thanksgiving weekend carpet racing tradition long before either The IIC or Snowbirds were even conceived or thought about. So IMO itís in really bad taste for anybody (even Scotty) to schedule a competing carpet event too close to the traditional Cleveland date. Letís not forget that, when it comes to big time carpet races, the Cleveland race started it all. Just like with all families, itís always important to be respectful of our Grandaddy.
MUDVAYNE and Racermac73 like this.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

How did it land on Thanksgiving anyways?

40 years ago a bunch of RC'ers wanted to escape families that fight on Thanksgiving or something?
Old 05-17-2019, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
the US Indoor Champs became a Thanksgiving weekend carpet racing tradition long before either The IIC or Snowbirds were even conceived or thought about. So IMO itís in really bad taste for anybody (even Scotty) to schedule a competing carpet event too close to the traditional Cleveland date. Letís not forget that, when it comes to big time carpet races, the Cleveland race started it all. Just like with all families, itís always important to be respectful of our Grandaddy.
^^^ what he said

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.