R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #586
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 8
Default

does anyone know if they make a spur gear adapter for the 977e evo 2 for smaller spur gears the one people use for the nitro converison will not work. thanks in advance
slash4x4sct91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #587
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Hello everyone, im new here. I just wanted to fill you in on my build which is underway.
Its an Xo1 with a tp power 5670 1736 kv motor. The motor is currently being made by tp power. It should be very crazy once complete. It will probably be the most powerful xo1 in existence. motor pulls over 400 amps.
cheers
nzspeedrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:25 PM   #588
Tech Addict
 
phildoggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash4x4sct91 View Post
does anyone know if they make a spur gear adapter for the 977e evo 2 for smaller spur gears the one people use for the nitro converison will not work. thanks in advance
I heard today sagacustomrc had 10 instock.
phildoggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:38 PM   #589
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzspeedrun View Post
Hello everyone, im new here. I just wanted to fill you in on my build which is underway.
Its an Xo1 with a tp power 5670 1736 kv motor. The motor is currently being made by tp power. It should be very crazy once complete. It will probably be the most powerful xo1 in existence. motor pulls over 400 amps.
cheers
I dont think any castle esc will power that big ass motor to anywhere near its potential. I hope I am wrong. Let us know how it goes.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:16 AM   #590
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4basher View Post
I dont think any castle esc will power that big ass motor to anywhere near its potential. I hope I am wrong. Let us know how it goes.
lol I dont think it will either. Castle told me the xlx could probably only do one run with that motor before it needed a rest, and would need to turn off the current limiting to get the motors full potential.

It is what it is I guess.
What im interested in is how it will handle it just playing around in a parking lot, not going all out. If it can manage that for a pack I will be a happy man.

I should have the esc in a week or so, and then I should be able to run it - just not at its full potential till I get some better batteries (couple weeks). Have a couple of 5s packs which I will run in parallel for a bit of a shake down.

here is how it currently sits. Its got a 35t pinion in there at the moment..I got the gears for about $5 each off aliexpress. I have a 30 and 40t pinion on hand as well.

The magnets in the motor are crazy strong. If you drag the car along the ground the wheels dont spin
Attached Thumbnails
Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)-img_4318.jpg   Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)-img_4319.jpg  
nzspeedrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:30 AM   #591
Tech Regular
 
Speed Chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 376
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

What kind of speed are you shooting for with that motor?
Speed Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #592
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Chaser View Post
What kind of speed are you shooting for with that motor?
im not quite sure lol...by my calculations, on 8s, (am only going to run 2x 6s in parallel for huge amp draw, at least to start with though), with the 40t pinion, it should be good for 167+ mph
im not saying its ever going to do that, or that it wont take off or implode before that..but that what my numbers tell me.

im just gonna run it with the 35t pinion on 6s and see how I go to start with. I may even go down to a 30t if its too crazy.
If I feel the need to get crazier I can go up to a 40t, or bigger

Will keep you guys updated

Last edited by nzspeedrun; 09-27-2017 at 11:45 PM.
nzspeedrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:20 AM   #593
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 114
Default 106 MPH Traxxas XO-1 Making 10+ Passes

Finally took the car out for the first time this year. I ran multiple passes over 100 mph in about an hour time span. Fastest was a 106 MPH pass and I quit after that because I already broke my X-Maxx and Rustler earlier in the week so I didn't need another broken car. I checked the GPS at 93, 103, and 106 because I knew the last pass looked like a 105 mph pass. I am pretty sure the car can hit 110+ with the current configuration, but I need to make some minor adjustments and install my new radio.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG0c0Px9InY
__________________
My RC videos: youtube.com/c/offworkhours
drivejumpfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #594
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
Finally took the car out for the first time this year. I ran multiple passes over 100 mph in about an hour time span. Fastest was a 106 MPH pass and I quit after that because I already broke my X-Maxx and Rustler earlier in the week so I didn't need another broken car. I checked the GPS at 93, 103, and 106 because I knew the last pass looked like a 105 mph pass. I am pretty sure the car can hit 110+ with the current configuration, but I need to make some minor adjustments and install my new radio.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG0c0Px9InY
Nice xO1 man!

I havent posted anything here for a while. So here you go.

My Team Associated TC7 3s challenge 134 MPH pass:
https://youtu.be/R16DfHIk6bg

Rules are:
-1/10 touring cars only
-single 3s pack only
-must show cell count with lipo checker after the pass
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #595
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 114
Default

Thanks!

134 mph on 3S...I was excited when I hit 100 on 6S! I'll let you and Phil continue to run crazy speeds on low cell counts lol. How many batteries did you have to go through before you dialed in that car?
__________________
My RC videos: youtube.com/c/offworkhours
drivejumpfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:02 AM   #596
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
Thanks!

134 mph on 3S...I was excited when I hit 100 on 6S! I'll let you and Phil continue to run crazy speeds on low cell counts lol. How many batteries did you have to go through before you dialed in that car?
Thanks man. Never thought I would see these kinds of speeds on 3 cells but I am glad the challenge is pushing us to try new things. The 134 MPH was my 4th straight weekend doing this challenge and I go thru a couple packs per day of testing. Speeds have been increasing over the last 4 weeks. 125, 120, 131, and 134 MPH. Just geared up a little more and hoping for more this Sunday.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:53 PM   #597
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 114
Default

How much does that car weigh with batteries installed? My XO-1 seems like it is a heavy car. I started looking at the Traxxas 4-tec 2.0 recently because it's a lighter car.
__________________
My RC videos: youtube.com/c/offworkhours
drivejumpfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:55 AM   #598
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 84
Default

Hi guys. I need you help. I'm running a buggy with a 1900kv 4269 motor, a 180 amp esc and 19/45 gearing. I'm using a new 6750 mah 4s gens ace with 70c continuous discharge rating. The problem is that i only get 5 or so minutes of run time before the esc starts cutting off due to low voltage. The battery reads at 3,8v per cell after it has cooled down. How do you guys manage do get enough running time with such extreme setups and i can't with a more modest setup?
iraklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #599
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraklas View Post
Hi guys. I need you help. I'm running a buggy with a 1900kv 4269 motor, a 180 amp esc and 19/45 gearing. I'm using a new 6750 mah 4s gens ace with 70c continuous discharge rating. The problem is that i only get 5 or so minutes of run time before the esc starts cutting off due to low voltage. The battery reads at 3,8v per cell after it has cooled down. How do you guys manage do get enough running time with such extreme setups and i can't with a more modest setup?
Can you turn off your low voltage cuttoff on your esc? I recharge when it gets down to 3.80s per cell. Usually only get about 2 or 3 full passes on a full charge depending on MAH.
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:28 PM   #600
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 40
Default chassis recommendation s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Metal View Post
I wanted to share some of my electric accomplishments during the past 9 months or so. I encourage anyone else who has the passion for speed to post their videos also. I will help in what I can. I've been intrigued by speed for as long as I've been in the hobby. I've watched pioneers like Nic Case do amazing things and do the almost impossible. I've also watched people like Johnracerx do some amazing things also that were just insanely quick and clever. I had the pleasure to join 2 Rossi Speed events here in Los Angeles, California.



OFNA GTP-2E
Stock Castle 2200KV 1/8th Mamba Monster ESC (No Cappack)
Turnigy Heavy Duty 6s 5000mah
Tires GRP S5
OFNA Mclaren GTR
Diff (R)60k (F)100k
Springs Yellow Firm (Rear) Red Hard (Front)
1 Degree Toe Rear
Mugen Driveshafts

106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GYcyBRKTgU

111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mvlwmf0lpo

114
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSynbx4kYDM

115
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kK8j8_ahOE

116
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JQVELG1s9A

118
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNMsfooxKzc

121
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcdRzkzjEXw

122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DaXRvf3bNY

124
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlKSahjZiJc

125
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4jU5yvGzDU

128
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTJHTZIGZEU

129
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvTjUYi9teA

As you can see sometimes I would make small changes either to the gearing or the suspension and I would either gain or loss a mph, but it didn't deter me. I hope to get to 130mph and beyond provided it's safe and I have enough room to slow down.
You seem to have experience with speed runs lol, do you know if the hobao hyper gt or by are an OK speed run chassis for someone new to speed running? Also I can't seem to fig out the differences between the 2 so I cld pick one if they would in fact be OK.
Rcaddicted85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:35 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net