R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2006, 03:31 PM   #1036
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Faisal
Has the equipment used by the winners posted anywhere? Looking to see what type of battery, 3700, 3800, and company SMC, ORION etc.. that was used, or what they REALLY used in reflection to what is posted.

Thanks
Fast Faisal
Not sure but I can tell you Jarrod won TC Stock with an RDX powered by Hyperform Racing IB3800 batteries and a Hyperform tuned handout using Trinity 4499 brushes and Trinity springs.

He also finished third overall in 12th stock with our Hyperform 12 chassis powered by Hyperform IB3800 cells and Hyperform tuned handout using Trinity 4499 brushes and Trinity springs.

J-Rod also runs GTX speedos in both his cars as well as a Helios radio and KO receivers and servos along with parma tires and bodies...
(978) 416-2572
Hyperform Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #1037
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Faisal
Has the equipment used by the winners posted anywhere? Looking to see what type of battery, 3700, 3800, and company SMC, ORION etc.. that was used, or what they REALLY used in reflection to what is posted.

Thanks
Fast Faisal
Putnam Propulsion Results:

1/12th 19 Turn
1st-Mike McMahon
3rd-Frank Calandra
*they won all 3 A Mains as well

Touring 19 Turn
3rd-Chris Tossolini
4th-Jeff Dayger

Masters Touring
TQ/1st- Tom Esposito
5th- Billy Bowerman

Stock Touring
3rd-Jeff Dayger

1/12th Stock
TQ-Jeff Dayger (Only 40 lap run)
5th-Jeff Dayger
7th-EJ Evans

1/12 Mod
8th-Paul Ciccarello

"Where The Fast guys Shop"
Putnam Propulsion Competition Motors and Accessories

Last edited by Todd Putnam; 03-21-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Todd Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:50 PM   #1038
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

first like to say congrats for the CALI CREW being able to pull off a ROAR nats and get postive feedback!!!

did ROAR supply some sort of tools for tech, what was the big tech secret that is went so well, so other places can do it

if ROAR did supply all tech tools maybe the can produce them and inlcude them when tracks sign up to be ROAR tracks this way every body knows what to expect at a regional event and then carry right over to the national level

as far as people complaining about the slow guys . . .look around 98% of the people in the hobby are the slow guys and then the fast club guys go to an event like this and become the slow guys

i think that is one of the great things about our hobby, that you can actually race with the PROS and get lapped several times during a qualifier

most should prob run stock and 19t as there is that i just got lapped my baker/paul/a-lo etc factor, for me it is Cuffs (great dude by the way and more then willing to help, Latif you too . . .he got mad at me once for giving jeff props on the net and not him . . . ) and i talk much junk to him while we are doing it and we both have a blast, Latif i expect some help tuning the new CO27 and the Kamodo Dragon dont worry i havent told anyone the brush trick not even Cuffs . . .

when are you ever going to see roger clemens at a park and be like hey roger throw me a 97 mph heater or go hang in the clubhouse with him after the game . . .PROB NEVER

i think most need to relax and have fun and get over yourselves

i race with prob one of the most competive club level races every week with some top talent and seldom make an A, but myself and all the other fast guys at the track have a blast for 8 hrs every sat/sun

sorry sorry i know i know

i am done posting for a month now!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #1039
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
It's funny to me that all the people who complain about people acting like children are the first to bring up "we're racing toy cars" when it comes to how stressful it is being a pro driver.
Careful now, it sounds like you're almost talking about having fun there. And you know, we can't have any of that, especially at a Nats! Fun is not allowed!
Old 03-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #1040
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris08527
did ROAR supply some sort of tools for tech, what was the big tech secret that is went so well, so other places can do it
ROAR did supply the tech tools, however the process and enforcement was done by Art "Advil" davenport ...and I gotta say he did a bang up job. He will also be managing tech for our paved nationals, since there are no other electric TC nats till ours we have the tools in our possesion (beeing as how we were at the carpet nats ..we took them with rather than ship back to roar then back to us in 2.5 months!).
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:13 PM   #1041
Tech Elite

Harsh

is that like the only set . . .

what were they???

can any other tracks maybe get a set???

Chris
Old 03-21-2006, 05:37 PM   #1042
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to BrettBowen

Pretty sure all the pro's werent born fast, and had to pay their dues during their learning curve just like the rest of us. I love having the opportunity to be competitive in stock, and be able to run 19T with the big dogs to see where I REALLY stack up.

My .02

P.S. Derek Buono is my hero!! Ex Ar See for life!
BrettBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:41 PM   #1043
Tech Elite

Quote:
Harsh

is that like the only set . . .

what were they???

can any other tracks maybe get a set???

Chris
Yep, only set, ROAR is supplying the tech gauges to the tracks that get Nats (my understanding is there are diffferent guages for gas/electric/oval/etc). Hard to explain, maybe there are some pics of them somewhere, but I was VERY impressed with the equipment.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:43 PM   #1044
Tech Elite

would like to see all ROAR tracks get them, maybe help everyone let them know what to expect

unless they are afraid they can be tampered???
Old 03-21-2006, 06:59 PM   #1045
Tech Elite

Quote:
would like to see all ROAR tracks get them, maybe help everyone let them know what to expect

unless they are afraid they can be tampered???
I dunno ...looked like a pretty expensive piece of equipment to put together!!
Old 03-21-2006, 07:02 PM   #1046
Tech Elite

Default Pictures are up!

Photos here

http://www.rcscoringpro.com/photos/stockton

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:06 PM   #1047
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
just a couple quick things

1 back in the day you had to qualify for the Nats at a regional event. it was like the top 10% or something like that. but now any non driving hack can get in. myself included.

2 19t goes back to too many classes. it's all but killed 12th scale but the manufactors go where the money is. it is the middle ground between stock and mod. and as someone said a chance to step up and show with a common ground how close you are to the mod guys. the biggest thing wrong with the sport (yes I called it a sport) are the full factory drivers that are told that they can't run mod and are forced to run stock or 19t. I was told by a XRAY and Corally driver that. it's all about covering all the classes. and winning. win on sunday sell on monday.

3 I'll have to agree with DerekB this is the nationals not a club race and yes I was the biggest proponant of a challenging track as some of you know. and other then the chicane not being a full chicane which I did voice my opinion about at the track the rest of the track was a challenge. I do understand the limitation of the 8 foot rule. but everybody did say I got through the chicane faster then most people. still haven't figured that out.

4 hey you ready for more pictures like the pit tech stuff and "BQ" helment and video like the "A2" mod TC main. check it out

www.rc50.com

more later in my race report.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:24 PM   #1048
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrc
Those who were "letting off steam" during the awards ceremony shouldn't have all the fun. I think at the next Nats all the regular schmoes should be allowed to let off their own steam..............DURING THE A MAINS.............right behing the drivers stand! I'll bring the ball.
Dang! You got some spunk JR...I'll bring the bat...

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:29 PM   #1049
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Dang! You got some spunk JR...I'll bring the bat...
Don't be going all brokeback on us now RDX-Bill
Old 03-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #1050
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Thanks to everyone the ran the race, very professional and the tech setup was what ROAR events have been missing until now.

sorry to everyone for participating in the balloon toss after the race was over... i promise to never have any fun at a race ever again

and to anyone from the track crew, if you found a tan hooded shirt with a skull and the front, and says affliction on the back... around the xray pits (possibly hanging on the fence)... please send me a PM or Email, i would like to get it back if possible.

thanks,

Peter Robinson
Peter,

When I took the banners down on Sunday night during the awards ceremony your shirt was on that fence barrier. Had to move it over a couple feet to take one of the banners down. Check with Ruben. I left some stuff behind too...which he now has.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote