R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-21-2005, 01:34 PM   #91
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

tripthreat ...... if it's the Mod Nats you are woried about then no need to worry as we are hosting the On-Road Carpet Nats not the Off-Road Mod Nats.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:43 PM   #92
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I am worried about the On-Road Carpet Nats, Mod Nats is just offroad lingo, I appologize, but I, like many happen to race off road and on-road. I know people agree with me about the frustration. Did you see Matt Francis start a huge thread on TechTalk last year when this happened. Contractually, Francis, Dirt and several more racers were forced to miss Cactus, but I know this was not their choice.
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:52 PM   #93
Tech Fanatic

I know this trip threat ..... Matt won't be starting any thread regarding that this year as this is his home winter track. Matt and the other Losi guys understand why we made the decision we made. If you truly cared about the Carpet Nats why put the focus on ROAR why not on SRS and ask them the same question? Why does ROAR have to be the one to work around other tracks schedules? These are just questions I'm asking not to offend you but to maybe look a the big picture, why be so negative on ROAR. We tried to work with SRS on this issue and we have SRS's full endorsment for the Carpet Nats happening on this date. Our goal is to put on the best ROAR race in recent years and no matter what other race is going on that weekend, regardless of which pro's get sent where we will acomplish our goal and this was the only weekend Stockton RC Raceway could achieve that goal.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:09 PM   #94
Tech Fanatic

Our website has been updated with information on the host hotel for the event. We were able to secure a great rate at a nice hotel Comfort Inn Stockton

Last edited by schurcr; 11-21-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:14 PM   #95
TLRacing

Scottsdale R/C has had the Cactus the same weekend for 20 years now. Why should they have to change the date. This is only the second time the carpet nats have been this weekend. I understand you have a busy schedule, but chances are, you cost yourself some entries with the race date you chose. I don't mean this harshly, but truthfully. I am a little hard on Roar because they seem to do a lot of things wrong and not a lot right these days. Just like thing else, it may not be around soon because of poor decisions i.e. Roar Carpet Nats date selection.
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Old 11-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #96
Tech Fanatic

It's too bad you feel that way and it's to bad you'll miss out on a great show. As I see it ROAR ain't going anywhere as no one is willing to step up to the plate and take on the responsibity of what ROAR has. Many have tried and all have failed. Maybe we should stop raging on ROAR about what they do worng all the time and be part of the solution. It's easy to be a complainer it's harder to be a solution maker.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:34 PM   #97
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

schurcr--I thought it was comfort inn?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:35 PM   #98
TLRacing

I have a suggestion for a solution. Have the Carpet Nats on a different weekend!
Old 11-21-2005, 02:38 PM   #99
Tech Fanatic

Dal you are right, my bad, post revidsed
Old 11-21-2005, 02:40 PM   #100
Tech Fanatic

tripthreat .... belive when I say I wish we could. But that was the only weekend we could rent the building for the nationals. I really wish we had another option. Nuf said.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Predictions for '06: Both the Carpet Nationals and the Cactus Classic will sell out.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:24 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripthreat
I have a suggestion for a solution. Have the Carpet Nats on a different weekend!
Here's a solution. You made a point that the classic has been the same for 20 years, well, that means it will be the same place same time next year. The carpet nats may not be back your way for a few years. Solution to me is to miss your race 1 year, and make it every year after that.

Either way, quit bagging on the track to change it, it's not going to happen.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:31 PM   #103
Tech Fanatic

Brandon ...... thanks, and you are right it ain't happening. Hope you get to come.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr
Hope you get to come.
Me too, I have never been to CA. Hope the weather's clear when i fly over the Rockies, never seen them either .
Old 11-21-2005, 03:59 PM   #105
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Brandon who said your flying..Your doing the driving....

Yup Team Express will be there ..really looking foward to this event..

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote