R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #1006
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys enough about what the track or race people could not control. What happened to Bob, Steve, Billy and Andrew was a very horrible thing but not the fault of the race, the track or even the City of Stockton. That was a reflection of what our society has come to. It really blows A$$ that the race we (Stockton RC Raceway) worked so hard to bring to the racing community will be remembered for this. Pretty sad for our RC racing community and for society as a whole.

On the topic of Barry B. Like someone said here, I've been friends with Barry for many many years now. Pros are scrutinized by the public severly. Some deal with it better than others. Barry is a ferocious competitor that hates loosing because he gets paid to win. As far as the ballon thing in the pits who cares. These guys were venting after a long hard week of racing. When it comes to everyone acting like children we all are big kids to some point or another. We all play with toy cars it' just that some of us are fortunate enough to have the skills to get paid at it. Enough said on this topic.

I want to thank everyone that made this race possible. Our Stockton RC Raceway staff the unsung hero’s of the weekend, Michele Benitez, Charlie Ferrari, Chris Rhodes, Greg & Derek Stephensen, Aaron Young, Art Davenport, Kathy Davenport, James Davenport, RDX Bill, Andy Barrious, Mark Schonhoff, Dave Uhlich, Stephen Uhlich, Doug Hay, Clint Riely, Robert V, Jeff Mauer, Rich Stidham, Don, Klade, Russ Bright, Jacob Bright, Darryl Choat, Marshal Keener, Javier Arroyo, Billy Bowerman and anyone else I forgot. All of our Sponsors Team Tekin, KC Racing, EA Motorsports, SMC, RC America/Xray, GQ Competition RC, CRC, Trinity, Corally USA, RC Scoring Pro, RC Car Action, Arroyo Consulting, GearChart.Com, BSR Racing, Competition Electronics, Hyperform Racing, Express, Competition Electronics, Hurricane Motorsports, Maxspeed Designs, Mc Money Designs, Checkpoint, BMI, IRS, Speedmerchant, Protoform, Schumacher, Brood and anyone else I may have forgotten.

We had some of the most intense and propbly the most memorable race happen in the A2 and A3 mod touring mains. Chris and Paul put on one hell of a show for all of us to see. Congratulations to all of our '06 National Champions, TC Masters - Tom Esposito, TC Stock - Jared Langlois, TC 19 Turn - Paul LeMieux, TC Mod - Chris Tosolini, 1/12 Stock - Peter Robinson, 1/12 19 Turn - Mike McMahon and 1/12 Mod - Mike Blackstock. It was one hell of a show and I want to thank all of the racers and the RC community at large for making this races the success it was.

Thanks from myself and my wife. See you guys on the track somewhere in the future.

Ruben
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:38 AM   #1007
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #1008
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Swanson Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Swanson

Thanks for a great race this past weekend.

I dont blame anyone for what happened to our stuff other then the reatrd who did it. It could of happened anywhere. It just happen to take place in stockton.

Again great race thanks for putting it on.

and as far as the playing going on during the awards ceramony it goes like this.

THEY TAKE FOREVER

There should be awards for THE A MAIN ONLY the rest of the lower racers should get a generic plaque staing 1st / 2nd / 3rd dont put the class and the main on it just a 1/2/3

would make things 100 times easier and faster. We were acting childish in the pits during the awards bhut like its been said it was away from the ceramony itself and kept in the pits.

EVERY team, had someone over there screwinbg around. or participatrin in the ballon throwin

dont go around blaming one person (barry) and trying to clear other company names because EVERYONE was in on it. I know i was having fun after a hard week.

Again great race and please all NORCAL people keep an eye out for mine Billy and Steves stuff.

Andrew
Andrew Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:32 AM   #1009
Tech Master

So let me get this straight. If real race car drivers spray each other with Champaign after a race is that childish? If they do a burnout in the grass that somebody took the time to mow and paint...is that childish?

It's funny to me that all the people who complain about people acting like children are the first to bring up "we're racing toy cars" when it comes to how stressful it is being a pro driver.

God bless the internet
Old 03-21-2006, 10:41 AM   #1010
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Swanson
There should be awards for THE A MAIN ONLY the rest of the lower racers should get a generic plaque staing 1st / 2nd / 3rd dont put the class and the main on it just a 1/2/3
I don't agree with this, I mean really, look at the 19T signups (I'm only using 19T because that was one of the classes I signed up for with no hope of an A main placement), there is no hope or prayer on god's green earth that a "regular schmoo" would have a chance at an A main placement with all the talent signed up for that class. Us regular schmoo's live for the bowling trophy (or in this case the kick-arse plaques). The reality is the award presentation takes time, no way around it ...I don't think the balloon ball beeing flicked around was that big of a deal, hell I was guilty of smacking it back a couple of times myself.

All that aside, it was an awesome, awesome, awesome event!!
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:48 AM   #1011
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I don't agree with this, I mean really, look at the 19T signups (I'm only using 19T because that was one of the classes I signed up for with no hope of an A main placement), there is no hope or prayer on god's green earth that a "regular schmoo" would have a chance at an A main placement with all the talent signed up for that class. Us regular schmoo's live for the bowling trophy (or in this case the kick-arse plaques). The reality is the award presentation takes time, no way around it ...I don't think the balloon ball beeing flicked around was that big of a deal, hell I was guilty of smacking it back a couple of times myself.

I agree with you to a point, but the Nationals isn't a place for "regular schmoes" to win the A-main. It should be the regionals. They should just award the winner the troohy right after the race is over and get the emotion instead of waiting for 2 hours.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #1012
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
I agree with you to a point, but the Nationals isn't a place for "regular schmoes" to win the A-main. It should be the regionals. They should just award the winner the troohy right after the race is over and get the emotion instead of waiting for 2 hours.
Now THAT'S a good idea ..i.e. award the trophy to the lower mains right after the main is done, maybe have the top 3 cruise on over to the award table, get there award have there buddies or whatever snap pics and be done ...would make for a long day for the award presenter and trophy girl tough.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:55 AM   #1013
Tech Elite

Quote:
So let me get this straight. If real race car drivers spray each other with Champaign after a race is that childish? If they do a burnout in the grass that somebody took the time to mow and paint...is that childish?

It's funny to me that all the people who complain about people acting like children are the first to bring up "we're racing toy cars" when it comes to how stressful it is being a pro driver.

God bless the internet
It's not what they were doing it was when they were doing it. Ruben had to yell at the top of his lungs to be heard over the racket.

Awards ceremonies are pretty boring and I don't blame anybody for not wanting to listen, but a little restraint until after the presentations would have been more respectful of the organizers and the awards recipients.
odpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:59 AM   #1014
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Agreed NATs are the highest level and should be treated as such. Yes some avg joe racer won't like hearing that but it is the truth of the matter.

I liked the way Scotty did it the year I went to the Novak race and the Triple Crown race he had. All lower main awards were given after the race and left with the cars in tech. Then when all the A mains were done that was the trophy ceremony and the raffle. This also does out winning the A-main or even being in the A even more of a big deal. You know something to shoot for.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:15 AM   #1015
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmooth
Pardon me for a moment while I feel bad for the pros feeling stressed out and pressured because they're paid to race toy cars for a living.

OK, I'm done.
Ya, and you problably deliver pizza's. Whats the #ucks your point. A job is a job.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:17 AM   #1016
Tech Elite

You can download a combined listing of all the mains at the http://www.2006RoarNats.com site byt following the link on the home page.

Also, Billy Bowerman wanted me to copy this post for him here:

Hello to everyone,
I personally would like to thank everybody for supporting SpeedWorld Hobbies at all times and especially during the R.O.A.R. 2006 Carpet Nationals. Congratulations to all the Winners, Javier Arroyo in the Master Class and to all the locals for the outstanding job well done.

Also a SPECIAL THANKS to all of our sponsors for the hobby shop and their help to make the inventory possible for you racers:

Schumacher Racing, CRC-Calandra Racing, Putnam Pro, SMC Batteries, Jaco Racing Tires, Team Tekin, EA Motorsports, Corally USA, SpeedMerchant, RC America, Jerky Direct and GQ Racing Tires.

GREAT JOB well done to all the staff from Stockton R/C and my personal helpers that made it possible for me to race, Jason Moberly, Scotty Barnes and my daughter Britney. Thank you.

I hope to see you all soon or at the 2006 R.O.A.R Asphalt Nationals in June.

Thank you again
Billy Bowerman
Old 03-21-2006, 11:23 AM   #1017
Tech Regular

I would like to thank Ruben and his staff for the great time and race in Stockton. As for the aveage joes racing with the pros it is tough on both. Trying not to ruin a great run by a pro in your race is worse then fighting it out with the average joe. I personally love watching the pros drive the crap out of one of these little cars. I think the best thing to do is have a sportsman and a pro class that way us average joes can still come to a National event spend way too much money, take a week off of work, drive like a blind monkey and still have a great time. This way the fast guys are in their own class and we can hack it out in our own class.
tofuburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:33 AM   #1018
Tech Elite

We also wanted to take a moment and thank everybody down there for putting on a FIRST CLASS EVENT. This has been our first season on Carpet and our first national....but this event rivals the two past IFMAR World events we've attended. The crew and everybody who worked so hard should be proud of what they did. We also wanted to thank Rob and Chris from Corally for the setup help and getting us two old men and a couple more RDX's into the Master A-finals. And will say one more time. I have NEVER SEEN anything like the A2 and A3 in Mod....

Just wanted to remind everyone about our outdoor US Pan Car/Touring Championship July 21,22,23 2006. Hopefully a chance to race with some of you guys again.

Mark Day
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:35 AM   #1019
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Swanson Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Swanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy

Which brings up the next biggest problem with the current ROAR setup. I am sorry but NO FACTORY DRIVERS should be racingh 19t. 19t is for the consumer that has surpassed stock racing and is moving on to the next step of the racing level. The people who race 19t shouldnt have to walk up on the driver stand and even come close to thinking about having to beat Paul Lemeiux / Barry Baker / Mike Dumas / Ralp Burch So on and so on and so on.
19t is the next step from stock before you try your hands at full modified racing. It is just ridicilous that these people have to be constantly stuck in the c-d main because the top 25 are world class drivers. If theyre racing 19t why dont they just run stock too?

Its not the right place for them. Once you say make the main at the worlds you should never run anything but modified ever again its just sandbagging. I know its not up to some of the drivers. There sponsors are the ones making them run the class. Why? so there company has another shot at winning so they can brag a national title. When we should be having the next generation of our "PRO" drivbers coming up thru the ranks and winning 19t at a big race and making there way too modified.

Having 30 FULLY SPONSORED drivers in 19t is just WRONG.
Andrew Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:04 PM   #1020
Tech Addict

I don't agree with you guys. I really enjoyed going toe to toe and getting waxed by the pros... it is a good gauge as to how far I've come and reminds me I have a long way to go yet.. also every couple of laps I could get to follow one of em around for a couple of turns If I wanted to race against a bunch of chumps I would have stayed home , this was the nats and I wanted to race against the best and see how I stacked up.

stop bitching and go have fun
[url=http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/][color=DarkOrange]- CFX Paintworks -[/color][/url]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]- Team Ertrachter Factor - [/COLOR]
If my last name were Oxlong, I would name my kid Mike... yup Mike Oxlong
-Heywood Jablome

I don't want to pay for my sig, so yawl figure it out...
Big Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote