Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So I can act any way I want in real life, but as long as I come on RCtech and post everything I know about everything, I will qualify for the "Barry Baker Stamp of Approval"?
Old 03-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Man, being sponsored by or working for a large R/C company would severely limit my ability to troll and fight (back) on here on R/C tech. There's more pulled punches than WWE around here. I'm not absolving anybody of anything, but it sure would be nice to hear some of the paid guys speak as openly as the privateers about their exploits in and around R/C.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:50 PM
mk2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

well you got to give barry alittle credit he makes the slowest car made go fast and ive known barry for what like 10 years now he has always been a jokester and a complanier but hey if you had the presher of racing rc cars for a living you would fucking go mad cause it sucks so cut barry some slack if he wants to cut loose every no and then and act a fool i dont blam him at all if you know barry that was good behavur by other peoples action i have seen at big races so

the nats was fun for me i only finished 2 of 4 qualis and i still got some hard wear so good job to ruben and michele and mr. arroyo for the advertizing and ill see you all at the outdoor nats
Old 03-21-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The cleanup crew was NOT talking about Barry Baker. However, we WERE wondering why so many TEAM members (not just drivers) had to outdo each other in acting so childish and rude during the awards ceremony. Their supposed team bosses should be admonished at least as much as those people. Otherwise, I can not think of one name because I brush off such tomfoolery...They are forgetable.

Knowing that this was Matt Francis' last carpet race (per him), I wonder who can possibly step up and replace him as the most approachable and friendly driver of the entire r/c car community. Certainly, no one comes to mind yet.

Otherwise, I greatly appreciated the racing, teching, spectating and comradiere (sp?) that I experienced during this week. We made it all the way from putting up the track to tearing it down with a great crew of friends. And then there was my race with my peers in the Masters B Main. All because Ruben stepped up to yet another level as a race promoter and friend.

OK, now I am really going to bed.

Bill
Old 03-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

It never fails.....guys try to have fun AFTER a week of working their asses off to make the show and they get crusified for it!!

They were hitting a FREAKING BALLON around in the air during the ceramony.....Never once did it make it over to the awards ceramony!! It was kept in the pits and around the front door. I guess after a week of being treated like a bunch of people that do not know what they are doing they just wanted to have a little fun.

And SmoJoe....As for barry being a jackass...Yea sure he can be at times...I am good friends with him and he's been a jackass to me before...But what you have to understand is that the Pro Drivers are under 1000 times more pressure than us "normal" guys because they are paid to do this. Do you go to your job EVERYDAY and stay perfectly happy and nice EVERYDAY? We all have bad days (or weeks in this case) and well all get ticked off....some people just handle it different than others. MF keeps it to himself and doenst let it affect the way he talks to people around him. Myself if I get ticked off everyone around me will know it....I am NOT good at hiding it. You guys dont realized what the "Pro's" go through and the pressure on them at all these races.

Other than that it was a great event. Hats off to Ruben and the Stockton crew for the event. Tech was ran well and very consistant all week....Exactly like it should be. Doug did a great job with the scoring as well. I think this was the first national in a LONG time that did not have some sort of conterversy at the race.

The only complaint of the whole weekend (and this was said by EVERYONE I talked to) was the race annoucing and not calling Traffic and the race like it should be called at a NATIONAL EVENT.

EA
Old 03-21-2006, 07:40 AM
TLRacing

Here are my thoughts of the race.

ROAR-It was great to see Mike Queller show up. It has been a few years since we had a ROAR Prez at a race. ROAR has really stepped it up this year with the tech equipment. Tech went really smooth for everyone and there were no questions about the equipment. Great Job!!

Stockton RC Raceway-Great job guys....everything ran great. Track was good, trophies were dialed(something very new with the pit boards), tech ran great, and you guys rock!

Tosso-Wow man...great job. I did not think anyone was going to be able to topple Paulie this season. Great job to you and Team Corally.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

smojoe- In Barry's defense, I was one of the R/C America drivers trying to release some harmful free stress from the race by having some fun with some buddies, hitting around a ballon...Now if you mean to tell me that 3/4 of the factory teams are childish for participating in such events, then we are guilty.

A-LO
Old 03-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Suspended

Angry

Pardon me for a moment while I feel bad for the pros feeling stressed out and pressured because they're paid to race toy cars for a living.

OK, I'm done.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by McSmooth
Pardon me for a moment while I feel bad for the pros feeling stressed out and pressured because they're paid to race toy cars for a living.

OK, I'm done.
(attempting to lighten the mood)

Look at it this way...if they dont perform well and get fired what are they going ot do then?
Apply for a job with some Fortune 500 company and on the resume put that they can drive the hexk out of a 1/10 scale battery powered car?

Sounds like pressure to me to keep a job

jk hehe
Old 03-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=McSmooth]Pardon me for a moment while I feel bad for the pros feeling stressed out and pressured because they're paid to race toy cars for a living.

I think the problem, and this isn't the fault of the drivers, is that they aren't paid to race the toy cars, they are paid to win.

I am strongly suggesting to the manufacturers that drivers should be equally incented to be positively represent your product in all ways. This should include not only winning, but also behavior, assistance to others and generally representing your product/company. Matt Francis, and also Joel Johnson back in those days, were great examples of this.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
You know smojoe I am not going to argue with you ...this is pointless...but next time before you say anything please know all the facts about everything you post......

thanx
Hey Barry How's the golf game going?
Old 03-21-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Not that ANY of this has anything to do with the race but...times change.

Read an interview with the guys that created South Park the other day and they were saying how things have become so accepted and the norm that some of the milder things they were doing now would have had NO shot of getting aired when they started 10 years ago or so.

Heck, I am only 31 and by no means feel old, but even I have caught myself saying what the heck is up with kids today they are idiots, there is no waY i acted that stupid...then a few weeks ago my parents were visiting and my dad had converted some of the old home movies from VHS and 8mm to dvd....I watched it and my jaw was dropping lol I was as big of a dork in elementary and jr high as the kids now lol (but I was one of the cool kids back then)

Just basically saying things change and sometimes we dont realize it. I get the impression that most of the people complaining about the hooligans are "older"
Old 03-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Is the track on MLK Blvd?

I hope you burn in hell motherfuvfer
Old 03-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by new92
Look at it this way...if they dont perform well and get fired what are they going ot do then? Apply for a job with some Fortune 500 company and on the resume put that they can drive the hexk out of a 1/10 scale battery powered car?
Didn't that work for Joel Johnson? :-D
Old 03-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

To all the guys that came throught the Tech Line...

Thank you for your patience and forebearance. And yes, to single someone out, Barry was a gentlman and said thank you to the Tech Crew when he went through even though we gave him a hard time with his car.

To those whom Mark and I took your cars apart....Thank you for understanding the NEED for the teardown.

To all the guys that worked their A$$e$ off in the Tech Crew, THANK YOU for your hard work. I really appreciate all that you did even though I did not get a chance to say it.

To all the rest of the Stockton Crew, OUTSTANDING WORK!!!!!!!!

Art

About the guys after the race.....just blowing off steam. It was time to party and I don't think there was anything "WRONG" with what was going on. Hopefully all had a good time.

See ya at the Asphalt Nats......

GQ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.