R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #976
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

hey a very special thanks goes to all the crew who helped out at the race... as well as the tech crew.. awesome and very professional..

A special thanks goes to Advil (art davenport) for being mr cool.. and Harshgirl (Ms. Davenport) great announcing !!!

HarshGuy (javier arroyo) for doing it good. Michelle for all the good eats. and all the great locals for making us proud to be part of this track and race.

The track prep and layout were tops..and the facility was #1.

All you guys think that this was the normal track we run on have to understand that this was a temp location.. so these guys ad gals have busted their hump to make it special for you out of towners.

Another thanks goes to the fairgrounds and the city of stockton for embracing RC this is a fantastic locatio for all to have.

Hope all you poeple take some needed time off..

everything was top notch all the way.

even the handout chingaderas were cool as well as all the sponsor bing there to support thie Nats!!
BadBoyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:20 PM   #977
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Old 03-20-2006, 07:23 PM   #978
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

[QUOTE=Kevin CBR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia

Juan, I think if you were my brother, who had $ 800.00 stolen out of his hotel room (The Comfort Inn, offical hotel of the ROAR Nats), I think you would have had a slightly different opinion. If you had $ 800.00 cash stolen, or $ 1500.00 of camera equipment and a broken car window, or your truck and all of your R/C stuff, would you still think it was no big deal ? I look foward to coming back up to Fremont for the TCS this year, but I would surely have second thoughts about racing in Stockton.

BTW - My brother had nothing but good things to say about the track and the event. It was just outside the race track that turned it into a very sour experience.

dude I don't think you'de want Juan for your brother.. first off.. he'de be borrowing your tools then. raiding your fridge and leaving all his dirty tire rags all over the place.. not to mention his penchant for hotties in painted on bell bottoms.
BadBoyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #979
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy Heiser
Yes there are things stolen here, i'm sure the same as everywhere else. I live like 30 minutes north of Chicago. I guess its more that I don't here about these things happening. Just like if I wasn't online, I wouldn't of heard about this. I just don't think its fair for someone to say its not a big deal. Because you know sure as hell that if it was their stuff, it would have been a big deal.
Don't ever speak for me. Lessons in life will teach you that these items that were stolen trulty mean nothing. Yes, it is upsetting when idiots do these things. And yes it happend to me. I'm still alive and kicking. Try coming home after making resevations for your wedding in another city to find your home broke into and everything important to you gone. (including the wedding rings) It truly is not that big of a deal TIMMY H.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:42 PM   #980
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Kevin CBR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia

Juan, I think if you were my brother, who had $ 800.00 stolen out of his hotel room (The Comfort Inn, offical hotel of the ROAR Nats), I think you would have had a slightly different opinion. If you had $ 800.00 cash stolen, or $ 1500.00 of camera equipment and a broken car window, or your truck and all of your R/C stuff, would you still think it was no big deal ? I look foward to coming back up to Fremont for the TCS this year, but I would surely have second thoughts about racing in Stockton.

BTW - My brother had nothing but good things to say about the track and the event. It was just outside the race track that turned it into a very sour experience.
Kevin, Question? not trying to sound rude but, what was your brother thinking. You don't leave cash in a hotel room EVER.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:46 PM   #981
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how about we talk about how the factory guys (mostly Barry Baker) were acting during the awards ceremony?
Old 03-20-2006, 09:55 PM   #982
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Seems like always, it's important to be vigilant and aware of your surroundings. Most hotels have a safe or a safe box, and if they don't, and you need to carry a pile of cash that you don't want to leave on your person, find a hotel that does.

If you're in a bad part of town, and it's apparent, you should probably drive out of that town before stopping for food. Park your car where it's in plain view. Don't leave your camera bag on the seat. Don't boom your stereo within a mile of your house. Lock your doors. Pay your insurance on time. Investigate getting a special policy if your normal insurance doesn't cover your gear. There's a company that insures photographers and all their fancy stuff against nearly everything, and it's like $300 a year. If you travel to races, look into getting a special policy on your computer and race equipment. These things happen, and they truly suck, but a little bit of street smarts and proper planning goes a long way.

Good luck to all of you, I hope you come out of this with little or no personal expense, and a pile of new loot.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #983
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smojoe
how about we talk about how the factory guys (mostly Barry Baker) were acting during the awards ceremony?
I was surprised that the race director kept his cool while yelling out the names of the winners of the mains because of all of the noise in the back.. I also was surprised that the roar prez didnt seem to care about it...
Old 03-20-2006, 10:16 PM   #984
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal bains
I was surprised that the race director kept his cool while yelling out the names of the winners of the mains because of all of the noise in the back.. I also was surprised that the roar prez didnt seem to care about it...
Bains? did you leave one of your stock motors at the track? If so, I grabbed it. $35 plus s&h if you want it back
Old 03-20-2006, 10:26 PM   #985
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

haha... hope it wins some major races for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just want to know where it was...have a idea but.... pm sent...
Old 03-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #986
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal bains
haha... hope it wins some major races for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
actually, it will be going in my dad's car, but not before I re-shim the arm
Old 03-20-2006, 11:12 PM   #987
Tech Master

How can every race thread end in such a cluster F of complaining? Now we're talking crime rate and demographics?

By the beard of Zeus, shut up. Move on. Maybe race threads should be closed well before they just make every race look like it was in the middle of a crack house, everybody is drunk and throwing garbage everwhere?

Oh and a little life lesson. Don't leave valuable in any place that rhymes with Motel 8, Super Duper sleeper, or they have people living in the motel.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:20 PM   #988
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smojoe
And how would that be?

And why is my name brought up?

I quess when you are well known they pick you out of the crowd..huh.....but I quess you wouldnt know that....

take care,

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #989
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Baker
And how would that be?
When 2/3 of the crew cleaning up the track are talking about how pitiful the behavior is, its pretty bad

Quote:
And why is my name brought up?
Because I don't know any of the RC america or Corally guys that were messing around with you

Quote:
I quess when you are well known they pick you out of the crowd..huh.....but I quess you wouldnt know that....
I guess you need to learn how to find the "g" key on your keyboard, Barry. And I am glad I don't get picked out of a crowd like you do, mostly because you are picked out for being the "jackass" of R/C. In fact, I will no longer support Team Associated in any way, shape, or form after meeting you in person.

Quote:
take care,

Barry
I will, especially because I don't argue with tech and always make ride-height.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:39 PM   #990
Tech Fanatic

You know smojoe I am not going to argue with you ...this is pointless...but next time before you say anything please know all the facts about everything you post......

thanx
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote