R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-04-2005, 03:25 PM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr
Brian ..... just to clearify, the 2002 carpet nationals were not run in Ripon, that was Stockton, then STRC Hobbies owne by Scott Tomasello. Stockton RC Raceway is the same crew of guys but it is now owned by Ruben Benitez. To make it short it is still the same track and program.
No kidding. I always heard people refer to it as being at Ripon. Well I guess this means this race can only be better then the last one. Now how to make 2 trips to Cali...hmmmm
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:45 PM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
Now how to make 2 trips to Cali...hmmmm
May I suggest U.P.S. Red Label Next Day Air Service and lots of bubble wrap. If you're a "little" guy the freight charge would make it an economical alternative. If you're a big guy like me....well...let just say it would be cheaper to fly coach.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:50 PM   #63
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Dude!

Oh my gawd! Like dude...What great options being suggested.

Us'ins gezzards really rock to the waaaaaaay flexibilitocious tude of the racer director.

(FYI...I have a 13 year old daughter.)

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:58 PM   #64
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
No kidding. I always heard people refer to it as being at Ripon. Well I guess this means this race can only be better then the last one. Now how to make 2 trips to Cali...hmmmm
Easy to be confused.

Ripon is an asphalt outdoor track about 20 minutes from Stockton. When Ripon wasn't running, the local boys ran asphalt at the Stockton Fairgrounds which is the same location as the indoor carpet track.

Both Ripon and Stockton are my fav tracks...And it is NOW the same peps running both.

Old 11-04-2005, 07:24 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to crimson eagle

Hi all,

All very good feedback, I still have not heard anyone request Sedan Masters..... And I'm not going to be one of them.

Chris
crimson eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:03 PM   #66
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
May I suggest U.P.S. Red Label Next Day Air Service and lots of bubble wrap. If you're a "little" guy the freight charge would make it an economical alternative. If you're a big guy like me....well...let just say it would be cheaper to fly coach.

Coach it is!
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:46 PM   #67
Tech Regular

sedan masters for me.
gotyournumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:02 AM   #68
Tech Addict

At the paved nationals in Tampa they had as many TC stock masters entrants, as both 1/2 the mod and stock combined. I think the ratio of people over 40 who run TC vs 1/12 has to be 5 to 1 (if not 10 to 1).
If you are going to do a masters class it should be for the over people over 40 racing whatever is your most popular regular class; i.e. stock touring.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:20 AM   #69
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

imjonah .... good point but tht was also a paved national where 12th scale is never a very large class anyway. Carpet is different for 12th and there will be a much larger 12th turnout.

I'm just trying to provided the racers the most bang for their buck. I know that there are a lot of 12th scale only guys out there racing carpet, I'm one. These are the ones I'd like to hear from as well. Would a 19-Turn 12th class make the trip out to Cali to run on our litle ol carpet track worth it? Now you can run two 12th scale classes as well, stock & 19T or mod & 19T
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:34 PM   #70
Tech Fanatic

We'd like to announce the first three sponsor signings for the 2006 ROAR On-road Carpet Nationals. Touring Car Modified presented by RC America/Xray, Touring Car 19 Turn presented by KC Racing and Touring Car Stock presented by EA Motorsports. I want to thank these companies in being the first to sign on with Stockton RC Raceway and the 2006 ROAR On-road Carpet Nationals ............. the countdown continues
Old 11-17-2005, 10:49 PM   #71
Tech Fanatic

We are proud to anounce that Trinity will be the provider of handout motors for the stock and 19 turn classes for the 2006 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals. The motors will be the Trinity Monster Stocks and C2 19 Turns. As well Trinity will be the class sponsor of the 12th Stock class ............ the countdown continues
Old 11-20-2005, 09:09 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You all should have seen the sigh of dissapointment on my face when I heard that I could only sign up for one 12th scale class. If I was given the choice of 12th masters or 19t 12th... I would take either just to sign up twice. A bunch of us would likely drive from Seattle. I would hate to think that we would show up for just one class of 12th. As a previous track owner, I do agree with the other guy, that if Master's TC is more popular, then it makes more sence to go with that class. But being that my 40th B-day is just a week away... let's just say that my options are getting broader with age!

Brian; Slapmaster Tools
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:21 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

for the carpet nationals do we HAVE to be there on the 15th or can we show up on the 16th?
Old 11-20-2005, 10:08 PM   #74
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
You all should have seen the sigh of dissapointment on my face when I heard that I could only sign up for one 12th scale class. If I was given the choice of 12th masters or 19t 12th... I would take either just to sign up twice. A bunch of us would likely drive from Seattle. I would hate to think that we would show up for just one class of 12th. As a previous track owner, I do agree with the other guy, that if Master's TC is more popular, then it makes more sence to go with that class. But being that my 40th B-day is just a week away... let's just say that my options are getting broader with age!

Brian; Slapmaster Tools
Brian,

You could also visit all the thrust bearing do-hickeys I got from you for my 1/12th scale cars. Would like to see the new 2.3 and meet you. Bill

Old 11-20-2005, 10:09 PM   #75
Tech Fanatic

You don't have to be there on the 15th. You canshow up on the 16th for controled practice.