R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-03-2006, 06:57 AM   #646
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurra Sing
KO's RC12 is Channel 6, but what color is it (so that i can easily tell what clip to get in practice)

Also, i need to make a frequency change to my nats sign up. Can i do it at the track?
PM me your name and what changes you need to make.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:21 AM   #647
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

27 Mhz Frequencies:
Chan - Freq - Color
1 - 26.995 - Brown
2 - 27.045 - Red
3 - 27.095 - Orange
4 - 27.145 - Yellow
5 - 27.195 - Green
6 - 27.255 - Blue

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #648
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

interesting reading..

Good luck at this event all.... Ruben has really worked hard to get this done and major compliments to him!!
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #649
Tech Elite

If you don't let people use what have been refered to as "funnies" (which most people call "splits"), you will have a problem.

Many of the A Main drivers use 27mhz. Few use Spektrum (lots of guys in the B and lower have Spektrum, but not many in the A, probably because they are required to use what they get paid to use). So take 10 drivers in the A, and maybe 1 or 2 will be on 75mhz. That leaves 8 guys with only 6 available frequencies.

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #650
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
If you don't let people use what have been refered to as "funnies" (which most people call "splits"), you will have a problem.

Many of the A Main drivers use 27mhz. Few use Spektrum (lots of guys in the B and lower have Spektrum, but not many in the A, probably because they are required to use what they get paid to use). So take 10 drivers in the A, and maybe 1 or 2 will be on 75mhz. That leaves 8 guys with only 6 available frequencies.
Ruben you should bend the rules for the paid drivers. NOT
gotyournumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #651
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro

That wouldn't be up to the race director. Wouldn't that fall under the responsibility of the racer? If those frequencies are illegal then they're illegal. Just because they are so called A main drivers doesn't make it right to bend over backwards for them.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #652
Tech Adept

I'd think you'd have more problems from letting people use equipment that is both against the rules and against the law.

If you can make the A-main, AND have a radio sponsor, but cannot manage to have an open legal frequency, then that is just sad. It's not like This is a new rule, or law. Everybody who chooses to run 27 knows of this issue, and chooses to take that risk..... It's on them, IMO.
Bodido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #653
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodido
I'd think you'd have more problems from letting people use equipment that is both against the rules and against the law.

Split 27 MHz crystals (RC03, RC05, RC07, RC09, and RC11) are not against the LAW (FCC) to use they are just against ROAR rules to be used at a ROAR event. As far as the FCC is concerned they are still with in the allocated frequency range for remote control devices for air or surface use. This is a silly rule for ROAR b/c how close the split frequency is to the normal 27MHz frequency it is still further apart on the wave path then all the chanels on 75MHz. This is the way it was explained to me by someone that has years of RC radio and FCC relationship experience.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:01 PM   #654
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:

If you can make the A-main, AND have a radio sponsor, but cannot manage to have an open legal frequency, then that is just sad. It's not like This is a new rule, or law. Everybody who chooses to run 27 knows of this issue, and chooses to take that risk..... It's on them, IMO.
I would say more use 40 mHz because they know no one will know what frequency they are on so there is NO chance that someone might turn on the channel they are using. I know it sounds bad to say but I've seen it happen before so they take steps to make sure the chances are lessened. I will go out on a limb and say the ones that do this are sponsored drivers from some radio manufacturer.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:44 AM   #655
Tech Adept

Kevin...

Thanks for the correction. I'd always heard funnies were against FCC regs, but I guess that was from a guy who heard it from another guy whose sister dated the uncle of someone who mops the breakroom of FCC headquarters or something. LOL.

Was the ROAR rule created because of the fear of one channel's signal bleeding into another's?

If this is no longer a problem, maybe we should look into changing that rule (for the future). BUT.... The crystals would have to be readily available to anyone that chooses to buy them. I would have no part of approving equipment that only a select few have access to. We certainly don't need any VIP frequencies.
Bodido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:07 AM   #656
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Kevin...

Thanks for the correction. I'd always heard funnies were against FCC regs, but I guess that was from a guy who heard it from another guy whose sister dated the uncle of someone who mops the breakroom of FCC headquarters or something. LOL.

Was the ROAR rule created because of the fear of one channel's signal bleeding into another's?

If this is no longer a problem, maybe we should look into changing that rule (for the future). BUT.... The crystals would have to be readily available to anyone that chooses to buy them. I would have no part of approving equipment that only a select few have access to. We certainly don't need any VIP frequencies.

I know that the "Funnies" are very easy to get from KO Propo as they bring in 1-12 in all their systems and stock all of the channels. I am not sure of other manufactures though. But I am sure if they were legalized then everyone would bring them in if they are not now.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:22 AM   #657
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

ROAR rules of the allowable frequency use is the FCC ruling regarding allowable frequencies for radio control vehicle use. ROAR has no say regarding which frequencies are allowable - only follow FCC guidelines.

4.1.1 Radio control systems used in ROAR competition are limited to the following channels:
 27 MHz: Only frequencies 26.995, 27.045, 27.095, 27.145, 27.195, and 27.255 MHz
 75 MHz: All Channels 61 through 90
 50 MHz: Channels 00, 02, 06, and 08
 53 MHz: Frequencies 53.100 through 53.800 MHz.
 2.4GHz DSM/DSS systems

4.1.2 Drivers using 50 MHz and 53 MHz radios must have an FCC Amateur Radio license issued for that radio in their possession.

4.1.3 All radio equipment must conform to FCC rules. Only narrow band (20 MHz spacing) radios will be allowed to use the 75 MHz frequencies in ROAR competition. A frequency counter or similar device should be used to test for legal frequencies.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #658
Tech Elite

Track and building layout have been posted at the www.2006RoarNats.com ...tech information to follow later this week.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:57 AM   #659
Tech Addict

I know I am dense, but where is it posted on the site?

I looked and couldn't find it
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:59 AM   #660
Tech Elite

Follow the link at the bottom of the page ...it's in the menu option "About --> Nationals" ....I'll be posting updates there as they will be coming pretty "fast and furious" in the next couple of days.