R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-22-2006, 12:24 AM   #466
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

HOOOORAY!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:25 AM   #467
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Swanson Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Swanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evicerator
HOOOORAY!

ZOMG

i are sad when i asked sat when i was there they said there were plent yof spots now full goonna go cry myself to sleep

Last edited by Andrew Swanson; 02-22-2006 at 12:45 AM.
Andrew Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:49 AM   #468
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow, just logged on this morning ...how long has it been since a ROAR nats has been sold out (electric one anyways). I'm glad I signed up on 11/05

....just and FYI to all, you can sign up online for the 06 paved nats just go to www.2006RoarNats.com, and click on the "Entry" menu on th right hand side below the pavd nats header.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:57 AM   #469
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer
2006 ROAR On Road Electric Carpet Nationals (253 total event signups)

what happen to cutting it off at 250?

was there a
deviation granted?

Didn't Nats at the Gate go over 250 as well?
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:09 AM   #470
Tech Fanatic

Brian ...... I think you are correct that NORCAR at the Gate did so in 2003 but that is the only other on-road electric saleout carpet or paved that I can remember.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:21 AM   #471
Tech Addict

Default adding some reality re: sell-out

Although I think it is a great thing that the race has filled up (maybe people won't wait until the last minute to sign up in the future), we should remember that with the addition of 19 turn, people who used to be able to run only 2 classes are now allowed to run 3.
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:31 AM   #472
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrys
Although I think it is a great thing that the race has filled up (maybe people won't wait until the last minute to sign up in the future), we should remember that with the addition of 19 turn, people who used to be able to run only 2 classes are now allowed to run 3.
You can run 4 actually if you run two 12th scale classes and 2 sedan classes.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:34 AM   #473
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
You can run 4 actually if you run two 12th scale classes and 2 sedan classes.
When they added 19t as a Nats class didn't they up it from max of 2 to max of 3 entries? I know there was a big stink with oval about this as guys wanted to run as many classes as they could.

Maybe it is time to change the max entry to 300 or 350. Each off road Nat is 300 and oval is 350. Especially with the addition of 19t. It would be interesting to see how much extra time the possibility of an additional 12th scale class adds.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:26 AM   #474
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
When they added 19t as a Nats class didn't they up it from max of 2 to max of 3 entries? I know there was a big stink with oval about this as guys wanted to run as many classes as they could.

Maybe it is time to change the max entry to 300 or 350. Each off road Nat is 300 and oval is 350. Especially with the addition of 19t. It would be interesting to see how much extra time the possibility of an additional 12th scale class adds.
I believe the max is 3 as well.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #475
Tech Master

I'm just curious, but most carpet tracks that I have been to cannot handle having that many people and I'm guessing that would limit the amount of tracks that can actually hold the event, true or not true?

I believe that if a certain track that DOES have the capabilities to hold that many participants should easily be able to get a deviation to the rule to allow more people... IMO the cutoff should stay as is and if possible should it come up then ROAR can evaluate and grant a deviation.... If changed it will deter some tracks from even placing a bid to hold the event.

Also you have to consider time schedules...A race with 300 entries is going to be about 9 - 9 1/2 hours a day, minimum...

(Yeah, yeah, I've heard all about the Snowbirds and Cleveland... This is not either of them.)

Just my thoughts.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:45 AM   #476
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
I'm just curious, but most carpet tracks that I have been to cannot handle having that many people and I'm guessing that would limit the amount of tracks that can actually hold the event, true or not true?

I believe that if a certain track that DOES have the capabilities to hold that many participants should easily be able to get a deviation to the rule to allow more people... IMO the cutoff should stay as is and if possible should it come up then ROAR can evaluate and grant a deviation.... If changed it will deter some tracks from even placing a bid to hold the event.

Just my thoughts.
The rule on entries is there to limit the length of the race program. It stinks to have to be at the track 15 hours a day for 5 days straight.

Anyone that has been to a 400+ entry race knows that the race is cool but the days are long and exhausting.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #477
Tech Master

Ooops sorry Adrian, I was editing while you were posting I guess.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #478
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
The rule on entries is there to limit the length of the race program. It stinks to have to be at the track 15 hours a day for 5 days straight.

Anyone that has been to a 400+ entry race knows that the race is cool but the days are long and exhausting.
As it is right now with 29 heat races it would 4 and a half hours per round with a 3 minute break between heats. Thats 9 hours barring any delays.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #479
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

25 Heats should be around 3 hours +/- with no delays. 2 rounds makes it 6 hours +/-. I think there could be room for one or two more heats.....

Your math looks better than mine but I think it will be two minutes between each round.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:54 AM   #480
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Rule Correction for T2 wheels:
Maximum wheel/tire width for foam tires in the T2 class - 31.0mm

This is off of the Roar website today.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote