Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

WOW! Only 13 open spots left.........

Old 02-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default Order of Mains

New topic - as someone who endured the problems at the last carpet nats with the delays as drivers had to switch their motors on their sedans between mains (whether they were in the A, B or C) for those in both stock/19 and 19/mod, I strongly suggest this be taken into consideration in advance for scheduling the mains.

This wasn't just a fault of Hobby Chamber's (though they had their own challenges), the concept of 19 turn is a new one for carpet nats.

It may seem like I am worrying about this too far in advance, but often the excuse is that the software can't handle it any other way.

I would suggest having stock/mod next to each other with 12th scale and Masters classes in between stock/19 and 19/mod.

I am running 12th scale 19/mod (obviously in the lowest heat of each probably), but am planning to bring two different cars. However, 12th scales are obviously cheaper than sedans.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dal bains
Gramps--shut it...
Where is that smiley with the middle finger when you need it!!!!!!

Dal don't worry it is officially on! give me your motors at the nats and I'll have them ballistic.

I always have personal goals at these races, be in the upper 50%, 40%, 30%, now its to beat Harsh or wreck him.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
.....now its to beat Harsh or wreck him.
Heck, that's easy! Set your goals higher! See if you can punt him off of the track so far that a spectator catches his ride "mid air"! LOL

Now THAT'S a GOAL worth working for! LMAO!!!!!

That one is for you Dal....please don't blow up my car!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 02-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dal bains
harsh--give me call at work or cell
...ring ...ring ...ring
Old 02-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barrys
New topic - as someone who endured the problems at the last carpet nats with the delays as drivers had to switch their motors on their sedans between mains (whether they were in the A, B or C) for those in both stock/19 and 19/mod, I strongly suggest this be taken into consideration in advance for scheduling the mains.

This wasn't just a fault of Hobby Chamber's (though they had their own challenges), the concept of 19 turn is a new one for carpet nats.

It may seem like I am worrying about this too far in advance, but often the excuse is that the software can't handle it any other way.

I would suggest having stock/mod next to each other with 12th scale and Masters classes in between stock/19 and 19/mod.

I am running 12th scale 19/mod (obviously in the lowest heat of each probably), but am planning to bring two different cars. However, 12th scales are obviously cheaper than sedans.

This is actually a very good thought. The snowbirds had a good system and everyone had plenty of time. Something like.

12th stock
TC Stock
TC Masters (or this could be between one of the mod and 19 turn classes)
12th 19 turn
TC 19 turn
12th Mod
TC Mod

EA
Old 02-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
This is actually a very good thought. The snowbirds had a good system and everyone had plenty of time. Something like.

12th stock
TC Stock
TC Masters (or this could be between one of the mod and 19 turn classes)
12th 19 turn
TC 19 turn
12th Mod
TC Mod

EA
We're also *planning* on having a set schedule of when heats are going to run, like at the IIC scheduled and printed at the start of the day.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
Dal don't worry it is officially on! give me your motors at the nats and I'll have them ballistic.

I always have personal goals at these races, be in the upper 50%, 40%, 30%, now its to beat Harsh or wreck him.
Damn ...not that's pretty brutal, what did I do?

...besides if Dal beats me, I'll get even with him when he falls asleep
Old 02-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey Art, have you talked to Ruben to find out if we will be able to use the wheel dots on the sedan tires?? If not I'll have to invest in some more Sharpies.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
We're also *planning* on having a set schedule of when heats are going to run, like at the IIC scheduled and printed at the start of the day.
Dialed!! Should be an awesome event.

How is practice going to be controlled? 5 and 8 minute sessions?

EA
Old 02-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Barry ..... don't worry about race setup and us using the excuse that the software can't handle it any other way. We use the best software available and that is RC Scoring Pro and we'll have the software developer as part of our crew and that would be Doug Hay. It's all under control, but thanks for the concern and the advice. Point taken. We will be sold out by morning.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Dialed!! Should be an awesome event.

How is practice going to be controlled? 5 and 8 minute sessions?

EA
I can't speak for Ruben but I am pretty sure that has been the plan for controlled practice on Thursday. Not sure about Wednesday though...

Stick on wheel dots are not ROAR legal......Now...with that being said....

What exactly are wheel dots?

Back in the day they were paper stickers. Now they are cut vinyl. The original problem was they would come off and interfere with a competitors car. This is not a problem with vinyl. They also are a problem at spec tire events though. I am pretty sure they are illegal but will ask for a ruling on it prior to the Nats.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by schurcr
Barry ..... don't worry about race setup and us using the excuse that the software can't handle it any other way. We use the best software available and that is RC Scoring Pro and we'll have the software developer as part of our crew and that would be Doug Hay. It's all under control, but thanks for the concern and the advice. Point taken. We will be sold out by morning.
Aren't you supposed to be working or something? LOL
Old 02-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Hey, that system sounds exactly like what I was planning on doing. I guess great minds think alike.

I want to go on record right here and right now and say thanks to the racing and rc community at large for supporting Stockton RC Raceway and the 2006 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals. Without all of you this event would not be a sell-out. Thanks to our crew, Charlie, Greg, Chris, Andy, Mark, Darrell, Aaron, Kathy, Art, Clint, Dereck, Marshall, Jeff, Rich, Javier and my wife Michele. These are the guys that are making this race possible. Thanks to Billy Bowerman of Speedworld Hobbies and Raceway for providing what will be a 1st class hobby shop for your racing needs. Thanks to all of our sponsors and a special thanks to Team Tekin for going out on a limb and stepping up as the title sponsor for the 2006 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals. I guess the legend is back in a big way. See you all in a few weeks.

Last edited by schurcr; 02-21-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Advil
I can't speak for Ruben but I am pretty sure that has been the plan for controlled practice on Thursday. Not sure about Wednesday though...
Thanks for the response. I know a few years ago it was open the first day and some of the stock guys were up there for a lot longer than 5 minutes at a time and it made for a rough day of practice. 10 guys up for 5 minutes then stop them and 10 more up makes practice a breeze for everyone.

See ya in a few weeks.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.