R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2005, 07:24 PM   #16
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammidget lilB
the shock tower in the front is the new one it is just the carpet tower. also the batterie straps are bmi
no, that is the 04 carpet tower. You can tell by the two notches at the top. The 05 is smooth. And yes they are probably bmi, but they still look wierd on the car.
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:39 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
PaintingRoly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I got your force right here
Posts: 2,822
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant belive any of you think this car is for real. It's pretty well done but obviously something done by an individual and not Team XRAY. If you remember last year when they tested the FK05 how they kept it covered up? and if it was a Team Xray prototype it would not have BMI battery straps. Oh and if it's a "new" XRAY why doesn't it have the new front end they've been testing with?

I'm sure we'll see an FK06 cause XRAY is always working on something new. But nowhere near as bad as Tamiya (415MS,EVO4,EVO4MS,415MSX,and now 415 refine 2) and Yokomo (MR4-TCWE,BD,and LCG) all since last September.

Roly
__________________
follow me @RC3grafix on Instagram for pictures of my paint work.
PaintingRoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #18
Tech Master
 
stormperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson
Default

Guys, i think that might be just james reily's personal creation (not 100% sure, but could be a possibility)....
__________________
R/C Excitement Special Projects Coordinator
Kwik | Speedmerchant | Parma PSE | KO Propo
Team Pickles
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the burbs of detroit
Posts: 882
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

That car was made by James Reilly of Reilly Inovations. He's been playing with his own designs on a X-ray chassis for a few years now. He is not sponsored by X-ray he does it for fun. By the way he is also an Engineer for Ilmor Engineering....they make all the Honda IRL engines.

Last edited by Brian Anthony; 10-29-2005 at 10:09 PM.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:42 PM   #20
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant belive any of you think this car is for real. It's pretty well done but obviously something done by an individual and not Team XRAY. If you remember last year when they tested the FK05 how they kept it covered up? and if it was a Team Xray prototype it would not have BMI battery straps. Oh and if it's a "new" XRAY why doesn't it have the new front end they've been testing with?

I'm sure we'll see an FK06 cause XRAY is always working on something new. But nowhere near as bad as Tamiya (415MS,EVO4,EVO4MS,415MSX,and now 415 refine 2) and Yokomo (MR4-TCWE,BD,and LCG) all since last September.

Roly
I agree. Same with the blue servo mounts. Xray= crome, not blue.
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

And as for all the Xray bashing...nobody seems to notice that MANY of the FK05 parts can trace their roots all the way back to the original T1....

People are so quick to jump on something and try to hate on it....perhaps people should do a little research before flying off the handle...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:18 PM   #22
Tech Master
 
axel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,226
Default

I seriously doubt that is a prototype of the fk06. I would bet the fk06 would follow the trend of the 415MSX,BD,RDX, and Cyclone(ultra low cg). I don't think it would be a mid-motor layout like a jrx-s.
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:21 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the burbs of detroit
Posts: 882
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel
I seriously doubt that is a prototype of the fk06. I would bet the fk06 would follow the trend of the 415MSX,BD,RDX, and Cyclone(ultra low cg). I don't think it would be a mid-motor layout like a jrx-s.
Please read my above post. This creation has nothing todo with X-ray.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:25 PM   #24
Tech Master
 
axel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,226
Default

o I did i'm just saying that's all.
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:25 PM   #25
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,047
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Brian,

you can even point out the pit board that says "James Reilly" on it and people will still speculate and comment...

Maybe someone will get ahold of James and he can lend his $.02 to this debate
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:27 PM   #26
Tech Elite
 
PaintingRoly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I got your force right here
Posts: 2,822
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Brian- thank you for the info about where this car came from. unfortunatly people don't seem to read ALL the posts so I think it's important to say it louder

That car was made by James Reilly of Reilly Inovations. He's been playing with his own designs on a X-ray chassis for a few years now. He is not sponsored by X-ray he does it for fun
__________________
follow me @RC3grafix on Instagram for pictures of my paint work.
PaintingRoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:47 PM   #27
Tech Regular
 
RCsilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Redford Mi. Trying to keep up with Tim Stamper
Posts: 300
Default

Hey Brian , He works on the IRL HONDA ENGINES ...........

It is a sweet looking car , Ive seen and touched it , just not the 06 XRAY .
I nick named it the " J(ames)R(eilly)X (RAY) "
Bob
RCsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:49 PM   #28
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
Brian- thank you for the info about where this car came from. unfortunatly people don't seem to read ALL the posts so I think it's important to say it louder

That car was made by James Reilly of Reilly Inovations. He's been playing with his own designs on a X-ray chassis for a few years now. He is not sponsored by X-ray he does it for fun
what are you trying to say
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:10 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: the burbs of detroit
Posts: 882
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCsilly
Hey Brian , He works on the IRL HONDA ENGINES ...........

It is a sweet looking car , Ive seen and touched it , just not the 06 XRAY .
I nick named it the " J(ames)R(eilly)X (RAY) "
Bob
I hope he doesn't kill me.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:23 PM   #30
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Omaha
Posts: 76
Cool FK06??

No I don't think so, but it is a well turned out personal enginering exercise. If most will admit it, even if it's just to themselves, we'd all like to see if we could come up with something as wild and as well done.
lumberjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net