R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2003, 10:23 PM   #196
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by blue micro
wheres a good place to find one of these, i hear there pretty hard to find? also what else will i need? i have a quantum comp. and a radio with a XXL, but am not sure what servo to get? are those good electronics for this car? does it come with tires and wheels?
Thanks
Blue Micro,

We'll be there this weekend to race. I wouldn't go with a Yokomo car to start with, it's a harder car to drive than an L3. Just want to save you from major frustration. But if you must, ebay has a couple of them right now. 1/12th scale Mod is pretty evil now with 3300's.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:29 PM   #197
Tech Adept

the L3 was gonna be my secong choice cuse i hadnt heard much about it and its cheaper, and tammies has one! if i remeber right its $165? is there much of a difference bettween the two? i though some of the parts are the same? what about parts support for them? would i be able to get a yrx-12 chassis and put it on a rc12l3?
Thanks

Last edited by blue micro; 01-13-2003 at 10:32 PM.
blue micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 10:34 PM   #198
Tech Elite

You can probably pick one up cheaper on ebay. A lot of parts are the same, but to convert it entirely into a YRX-12, it'll cost quite a bit of money. I might know a couple of L3 or an YRX-12 coming up for sale, I'll let you know. Don't worry about parts support, Ron will have pretty much everything for the L3.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:37 PM   #199
Tech Adept

ok thanks. im kinda fed up with my micro it seems like whenever i turn around somdin is broke.
Thanks
blue micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 10:40 PM   #200
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by blue micro
ok thanks. im kinda fed up with my micro it seems like whenever i turn around somdin is broke.
Thanks
I do have to tell you one thing. If you start racing with us, there'll be a lot of frustration involve with first time racing. And you'll break a lot of things in the process, it'll put a hurt in your wallet. But if you are willing to do it, then that's great. Have you thought about trying sedan racing? It's more durable and not as evil as 1/12th scale.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:39 PM   #201
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Avink1

Quote:
Have you thought about trying sedan racing? It's more durable and not as evil as 1/12th scale.
since when are sedans more durable than 1/12th scale? I've been racing 1/12th scale for about 2 or 3 years now and have never broken any front end part or axles. I have broke a couple t-bars though and by the time mine break most other people would have already replaced it, I also broke a TRC rim last week but never a Jaco rim. In sedans which i raced for about 4 years i broke more parts than I can count and most of the crashes weren't very hard crashes. 1/12th scale cars are much more durable and cheaper to operate not to mention easier to drive.
Avink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 11:57 PM   #202
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Avink1
since when are sedans more durable than 1/12th scale? I've been racing 1/12th scale for about 2 or 3 years now and have never broken any front end part or axles. I have broke a couple t-bars though and by the time mine break most other people would have already replaced it, I also broke a TRC rim last week but never a Jaco rim. In sedans which i raced for about 4 years i broke more parts than I can count and most of the crashes weren't very hard crashes. 1/12th scale cars are much more durable and cheaper to operate not to mention easier to drive.
Do you take in the consideration this is a newcomer that's raced Micro only? Sedan stock class runs rubber and the cars usually has a large bumper in front. Blue Micro isn't like you and I, grown up adults, he's only a kid, I'm only trying to give an advice to a person looking to get started into racing. There's really no need to marvel your driving skills as what you didn't break. 1/12th scale is highly competative at our track and the pace we are putting, you really need to be on top of your game to keep up. For a first time racer, you would never recommend 1/12th scale to start with. You should never compare your years of experience to a new racer.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:13 AM   #203
Tech Adept

This is masami's YRX-12WE.
It is the machine of IFMAR worldwide championship

http://gekiradan.fc2web.com/1217/index.htm

This is japanese page. but I think it can enjoy with just the photograph.

Video, see here.
http://rcworldvideo.teamurc.com/onroad1.mpg
kiyano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 12:17 AM   #204
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by kiyano
This is masami's YRX-12WE.
It is the machine of IFMAR worldwide championship

http://gekiradan.fc2web.com/1217/index.htm

This is japanese page. but I think it can enjoy with just the photograph.

Video, see here.
http://rcworldvideo.teamurc.com/onroad1.mpg
Thanks! Great pics! Kiyano, is it possible for you to translate the caption on the pics? Much appreciated!
Old 01-14-2003, 12:49 AM   #205
Tech Adept

I translated just main point

Pic1:
It is the RC12L3 of the Masami Hirosaka player who wins 2002 IFMAR worldwide championship which is held in south Africa.

Pic2:
This is a chassis. There is a pattern of the silver on the surface of the Carbon board. It seems that is harder than the normal chassis.

Pic3:
It is the reverse side of the chassis. Also the lower brace is the silver

Pic4:
The ESC is prototype of the SX9 Purple of the GM. Connecting with the charger of the difference sale, it meaning that detailed setting is possible via charger. Commercial version of SX-9 will have same setting which was used in IFMAR race.

Pic5:
The teflon tape has been attached to the friction plate. Weak pressure is applied with the plastic washer . Operation it is smooth. The Reedy motor is loaded

Pic6:
The transponder is loaded here. 58 as for the seal which is written vehicle inspection number

Pic7:
Jaco tire & wheels.

Pic8:
Weight was loaded here in order to clear weight limitation

Pic9:
The Zauber body was used

Pic10:
This part of the body was reinforced with thin plastic board.

Enjoy,
kiyano http://www.kimihiko-yano.net/

Last edited by kiyano; 01-14-2003 at 12:52 AM.
kiyano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 07:04 AM   #206
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Avink1

litespeed-dom, i like blue micro am only a kid i am 17 years old but i have been racing for a while. i first got started in sedans and wish i wouldn't have. a lot of the people that i race with also raced sedans and would rather drive a 1/12th scale because they feel that they are more durable and cheaper to run. so i'm just speaking from my and other people's racing experience.
Avink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:14 AM   #207
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default RE SETUP

Quote:
Originally posted by litespeed-dom
I don't use any kind of lube at all, picks up all kinds of fuss from the carpet., especially on the kingpins. I use CRC teflon rear pod discs and teflon tapes on the graphite plate so the rear of the car actually moves left and right a lot smoother. I also use Paragon Ti damper post so when the rear pod moves, it free flows when the rear shock is being compressed and when it's moving left and right. I tried all the lube at kingpins and rear pods, it makes the car too sticky and doesn't transition well at all.
Really I dont think I have ever run a 1/12 car without some type of lube on front end...I feel I really makes the kingpin move smoothly....you just use a small amount and generally clean the kingpins, damper plate and diff every couple of runs anyway. As far as teflon disc go I was never a fan of them..I like using a couple different kinds of lube of the damper plate ( it is like a sway bar for 1/12 car !?)...I guess it just a difference in driving style. I have also used varying thickness of o rings on damper plate again to control side to side action.
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:22 AM   #208
Tech Elite

Default Re: RE SETUP

Quote:
Originally posted by senna555
Really I dont think I have ever run a 1/12 car without some type of lube on front end...I feel I really makes the kingpin move smoothly....you just use a small amount and generally clean the kingpins, damper plate and diff every couple of runs anyway. As far as teflon disc go I was never a fan of them..I like using a couple different kinds of lube of the damper plate ( it is like a sway bar for 1/12 car !?)...I guess it just a difference in driving style. I have also used varying thickness of o rings on damper plate again to control side to side action.
Yeah, that's definitely another interseting approach. I tried the different kinds of lube as well, it just didn't go well with my driving style at all. Senna, did you see the page Kiyano posted, looks like Masami uses teflon tapes as well, but my question now is does he use lube with the teflon disc? I know people us teflon discs/stickers and also put lube in.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:44 PM   #209
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default setups.

hey dom ..

we run i guess on higher bite tracks than you do.. unless you are running mod... i cant run that soft of a tire in the front.. and that much caster.. our local track's lap times with a stock motor is 13-14 seconds... so its pretty big..

with that much caster in my car i would tap boards going into corners because it would enter too much..right now its got middle settings on it.

i also run the reactive caster (stock). oh by the way i dont use anything on the kingpins.. but did polish them.. and run trinity red stuff on the"pucks"

i ve changed the rear axle with the niftech one with the rocket rings on them.. (bigger) diff. also installed the niftech axle holder.. siver of course..
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 09:51 PM   #210
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default BODIES...

has anyone tried to mount different bodies on their cars yet??
as of 2 months now i am currently still running the stock body that the car came with....

it is very tall for indoor carpet.. and a great amount of downforce from the rear spoiler area.

other 1/12th scaler with other cars are running real low profile bodies we have no body limits during club racing..

what other options do i have and do i have to change the body posts for lower ones... i am using the last hole for the rear of the body just to make it low...and the front also.

anyone with pixs of their cars with other bodies other than stock??

please post pixs if you have.. thanks.
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote