R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2005, 09:25 PM   #136
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 690
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If I were to go to my local track, I could order a FT TC4 for around three hundred dollars. The Xray proabably 350. Granted, thats not a big big difference. But then other aspects come into play. My main one being parts, if I get hacked in Q1 and break an arm, Im done for the day. I can go get AE parts all day long. And as fast as the Xray may be, I have yet to go to a track that competely stocks parts for a car that is released as a new version every year.....Not to mention the cost of the parts. And when it boils down to it, they are gonna be equally fast as one another in the same hands with the right setup, so as bad as I hate to admit, it boils down to a fashion show. And people getting say "I have a Xray" or " I have a FT TC4". I watched a guy at my track last weekend win the second qualifier of what would be the "A-main" with a 5 year old Tamiya and Sanyo (I think) 2400 cells.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:39 PM   #137
Tech Adept
 
BatJam1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: EastMeadow Long island NY
Posts: 178
Default

Like i say preveously ,Sunday was my second time on carpet in 3 years after doing off road for a while and i was a lap slower than one of the fast guys at the track and yes he had an x-ray but he has more time under his belt with it .sunday was my first time out with the TC4 FT.
BatJam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:08 AM   #138
Tech Adept
 
i.a.s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: uk
Posts: 118
Default tc4

people keep going on about the xray how wonderful and great they are etc got a feeling they are trying to convince themselves its good. Ive a tc4 dont need to keep going on about it I just like seting it up and having a laugh on race days I even win somtimes its a hobby to most of us get over it!!
i.a.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 12:30 PM   #139
Tech Master
 
SMcpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin rc10
If I were to go to my local track, I could order a FT TC4 for around three hundred dollars. The Xray proabably 350. Granted, thats not a big big difference. But then other aspects come into play. My main one being parts, if I get hacked in Q1 and break an arm, Im done for the day. I can go get AE parts all day long. And as fast as the Xray may be, I have yet to go to a track that competely stocks parts for a car that is released as a new version every year.....Not to mention the cost of the parts.
Didn't have any problems getting Xray parts online and always kept a few spares with me (belts, pulleys, arms) that I never ended up using, other than belts and pulleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin rc10
And when it boils down to it, they are gonna be equally fast as one another in the same hands with the right setup, so as bad as I hate to admit, it boils down to a fashion show. And people getting say "I have a Xray" or " I have a FT TC4". I watched a guy at my track last weekend win the second qualifier of what would be the "A-main" with a 5 year old Tamiya and Sanyo (I think) 2400 cells.
You're right....setup and prep go a long way. But you can't fault someone for going with something that's a little better out of the box because they have the means, or they can actually find parts for it, or they don't wanna spend excess time prepping parts
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 12:34 PM   #140
Tech Master
 
SMcpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile

EDIT: nevermind.
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:00 PM   #141
Tech Fanatic
 
kt racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: va
Posts: 848
Send a message via AIM to kt racing
Default

Not to take sides with AE, becasue I don't care for the car much.

Barry Baker TQ'd and won the Mod Amain at the halloween classic. Blackstock, Henderson, also looked really fast as well for a car that is so called "Not good on carpet".

Sobottka looked pretty fast as well in stock. Well his version of a TC4 anyway.

KT
kt racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #142
Tech Master
 
johnbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Malta. G.C.
Posts: 1,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.a.s
people keep going on about the xray how wonderful and great they are etc got a feeling they are trying to convince themselves its good. !!
Spot on. It's called insecurity.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:35 PM   #143
Tech Master
 
SMcpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.a.s
people keep going on about the xray how wonderful and great they are etc got a feeling they are trying to convince themselves its good. Ive a tc4 dont need to keep going on about it I just like seting it up and having a laugh on race days I even win somtimes its a hobby to most of us get over it!!
No convincing needed here....it served me well in the time I used it, just like the TC3 did Given a lot more prep time, I'm sure my tub-chassised TC4 could be just as good....
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:36 PM   #144
Tech Master
 
SMcpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbull
Spot on. It's called insecurity.
Whoa....I hope you're kidding
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:39 PM   #145
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt racing
Not to take sides with AE, becasue I don't care for the car much.

Barry Baker TQ'd and won the Mod Amain at the halloween classic. Blackstock, Henderson, also looked really fast as well for a car that is so called "Not good on carpet".

Sobottka looked pretty fast as well in stock. Well his version of a TC4 anyway.

KT
Baker won, Flack in an X-Ray second. Baker gets PAID TO RACE RC CARS, and he knows that car far better than most anyone. Just about everyone else in that main has an actual job. In that instance Barry should win, it's his job and he spends more time at it than most of the others in the A at the Classic.

Sobottka's car is pretty far removed from a TC4, and it was the only AE TC anything in the main.

I'm in no way singing the praises of X-Ray, I don't even run their car. I've just seen every competitive car out there and the TC4 is towards the bottom end of the spectrum.
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:45 PM   #146
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,143
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

This issue will never be solved as everyone has their own opinion and they are like ass's as everyone has one. It just comes down that each person will run the car that suits them best and its just that simple.

You can debate all day long and never solve this issue.

As for Baker winning and its his job is kinda lame as Cyrul, Lemiux and a few others have plenty of time to race and have full sponsors as well. Cyrul has his own shop with a track so I guess you could say he can practice all day and night when others can't. Not like Barry just sits and practices all day and night. More than likely he don't race too much more than the other racer. I race every week and I bet Baker don't so the point is kinda mute.

Face it the TC4 won. Next race everyone else will have the same chance to win with a TC4 or whatever other car they pilot.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:45 PM   #147
Tech Master
 
SMcpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

What does Sobottka have done to his TC4?
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 03:01 PM   #148
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 690
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

LOL I heard he ran for Xray, im out of the loop on this one...Either way, to be completely honest, I think the fastest/potentially fastest car Ive ever seen on carpet is neither the xray or teh TC4. But the RDX. Heard the cyclone is crazy fast too. I just hope my new car will hang with the Pro 4 and JRXS at my track.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 03:07 PM   #149
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
As for Baker winning and its his job is kinda lame as Cyrul, Lemiux and a few others have plenty of time to race and have full sponsors as well. Cyrul has his own shop with a track so I guess you could say he can practice all day and night when others can't. Not like Barry just sits and practices all day and night.
Actually last time he was interviewed in Car Action Barry said he practices/races quite a bit each week. And Paulie and Josh are running a less than ideal car at the moment also, while they help develop the Kyosho chassis. At the level you're paid to win races, and develop product. Barry's driving AE's developed product, Josh and Paul are trying to develop one. Not quite the same thing. I see what you're saying, but if anybody's gonna win with the car it'll be Barry.
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 03:13 PM   #150
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 690
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Actually last time he was interviewed in Car Action Barry said he practices/races quite a bit each week. And Paulie and Josh are running a less than ideal car at the moment also, while they help develop the Kyosho chassis. At the level you're paid to win races, and develop product. Barry's driving AE's developed product, Josh and Paul are trying to develop one. Not quite the same thing. I see what you're saying, but if anybody's gonna win with the car it'll be Barry.
Is he the only driver AE is paying to run on-road? I heard Blackstock didnt like the car and now just runs any chassis and all the trinity motors/batteries???
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
***Factory Sealed 12L4 Factory Team kit*** EZRC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 11-05-2006 06:53 PM
FS: Factory Team NTC3 with Sirio Evo 2 World Champ Engine, K Factory, MX3-S Radio.. R3VoLuTiOn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 09-23-2006 08:37 AM
Trading Factory Team B4 for Factory Team T4 jamescam R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 08-14-2005 09:35 AM
factory team rc10t4 and factory team rc18t for sale Zac R R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 28 05-26-2005 05:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:02 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net