Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree230Likes

Race Opt MTS T2/T3

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

So, it looks like Hobbyking release a Blaze R2 touring car which they say is "based on" the MTS-T2. Looking at pictures there are some differences. I'm not sure if it should be discussed here or in a new thread?
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tvih
So, it looks like Hobbyking release a Blaze R2 touring car which they say is "based on" the MTS-T2. Looking at pictures there are some differences. I'm not sure if it should be discussed here or in a new thread?
its based on the MTS but not by RaceOpt, RaceOpt has one in the works should be released soon
I)arkness likes this.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
its based on the MTS but not by RaceOpt, RaceOpt has one in the works should be released soon
wow any info on that?
Marcos.J and I)arkness like this.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

interesting how in the video they give credit and flash that it is based off mts, wonder if there was a joint project, share through Race Opt as clearly they have gotten molds or permission to do so. Otherwise i doubt it would have been mentioned if just cloned parts

spill the beans, Marcos
new touring car on the works? Update revision. I know my Local Importer tells me there is something but he doesn't know for certain on what.

everything is keep so secret, and given there is limited press release through major sources never see the spy shots or hear anything about it, like you do with other manufacturers
Old 02-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I'm a bit confused as to what's up exactly as well. But that Blaze R2 pretty much seems like the new rookie touring car budget champion instead of the Turnigy TD10 V2. Incidentally I just finished my TD10 V2 build less than a week ago by installing aluminum shock bodies - no further hop-ups planned.

Basically the Blaze has the aluminum shock bodies and a body, while only costing 17€ more than the TD10 V2. Also it's carbon fiber, though what quality CF I don't know.

Since I already have the TD10 V2 with some upgrades and a whole second kit for spares there's no sense for me to buy the Blaze now, but definitely would have had it been available when I bought the TD10 V2.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I'm a bit confused as to what's up exactly as well. But that Blaze R2 pretty much seems like the new rookie touring car budget champion instead of the Turnigy TD10 V2. Incidentally I just finished my TD10 V2 build less than a week ago by installing aluminum shock bodies - no further hop-ups planned.

Basically the Blaze has the aluminum shock bodies and a body, while only costing 17€ more than the TD10 V2. Also it's carbon fiber, though what quality CF I don't know.

Since I already have the TD10 V2 with some upgrades and a whole second kit for spares there's no sense for me to buy the Blaze now, but definitely would have had it been available when I bought the TD10 V2.
For $99 I may just get one to see what I can use out of it for spares lol
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by I)arkness
interesting how in the video they give credit and flash that it is based off mts, wonder if there was a joint project, share through Race Opt as clearly they have gotten molds or permission to do so. Otherwise i doubt it would have been mentioned if just cloned parts

spill the beans, Marcos
new touring car on the works? Update revision. I know my Local Importer tells me there is something but he doesn't know for certain on what.

everything is keep so secret, and given there is limited press release through major sources never see the spy shots or hear anything about it, like you do with other manufacturers
Hmm rumors was a conversion for the mts but announcements should be soon
Old 02-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

guess will have to wait
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

guess will have to wait
From what i was told a conversion kit for the T2 is in the works first.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bartolo Racing
Old 02-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Was just told should know something on a convertion or new kit by the end of february
Marcos.J and I)arkness like this.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Was just told should know something on a convertion or new kit by the end of february
can confirm goods planned after Chinese new year
Old 02-02-2018, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

can confirm goods planned after Chinese new year
pretty much

hmm i wonder what it will look like

spill the beans, Marcos

pretty much cloned maybe not as strong ,
Old 02-02-2018, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
For sure just keep tweeking it out getting faster

mod motor going in after this weekends testing, hopefully going to Fort Myers club race next weekend to test , thats where the ROAR nationals will be in April.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Blaze is clearly based on RGT R2... Cheap touring car chassis coming also from Race-Opt but not in the MTS product line.

By the way the two cars (MTS T2 and RGT R2) share a lot of common parts, R2 being more conventional (so less interesting) than the T2 with Flex-bars and CVS...

So same same but different...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.