Race Opt MTS T2/T3 >

Race Opt MTS T2/T3

Like Tree230Likes

Race Opt MTS T2/T3

Old 08-31-2015, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Hello, what is the difference with the diff 3.1 or 3.6
The difference is the size of the slot in the diff out drive. I think the bigger one if for a blade on the cvd.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by patorz31
The difference is the size of the slot in the diff out drive. I think the bigger one if for a blade on the cvd.
That is correct, the 3.6 is the outdrive for the blade and the 3.1 is to be used with the shadt that has the 3MM pin.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Crunchy diff (remove the shims from the four planetary gears for a better mesh), leaky shocks (the upper part), very very very tight rear belt even at the loosest setting on the cam, binding ball cups.

Once car is broken in and rebuilt, it's got tremendous rear traction. All you have to do is to find more steering and that is easier than trying to get the rear to hook up.

Only gripe about the car is there aren't any ECS/Double Cardan drive shafts for the front yet. Oversized bearings do make the car a little heavier.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Default This Past Weekend!

The MTS did Great This weekend at the Opening FSEARA(Florida State Series) race in Valkaria Florida. Our new Driver, Scotty Gray(past National Champ in 13.5 and 17.5) got TQ and Won the 13.5 A-Main after a tight battle with Mark Burt. Robert Cooper who also run the MTS T2 Finished 3rd in that main.

Robert Cooper also finished 2nd in the 17.5 A-main behind Mark Burt.

Valkaria has Low-to-Mid traction. The Front-Gear Diff seemed to be the ticket with 2.5 Million in it.

What a great opening Weekend in the U.S. with this car!
Old 09-23-2015, 03:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Running an MST in the UK do any of you guys have any setups that have been used on tarmac with medium grip levels
Old 09-23-2015, 12:14 PM
Tech Rookie

MTS even
Old 09-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Any photo of your T2?
How did you feel the anti-twist bar and RAS shock?
Old 09-24-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rharris72
Running an MST in the UK do any of you guys have any setups that have been used on tarmac with medium grip levels
Hi,

Please see my setup sheet for 13.5 attached. I used a .5MM shim under the RR suspension block as well.
Attached Files
Old 09-24-2015, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mos-leung
Any photo of your T2?
How did you feel the anti-twist bar and RAS shock?
I have attached a few pictures of my car from this weekend. The Anti-Twist Bars work great, they allow you to add a little more flex in the top deck without having to change the whole deck. What is nice is that the car comes with all 3 sets of Anti-Twist bars.

As for the shock, I cannot say enough good things about them. By Far the easiest shocks to build. They build with No Rebound every time, they build with No air in the shocks every time and they are super smooth once built. You do have to build them a little more often than regular shock because of the shaft design, but like I said it takes 5 minutes to rebuild all 4 shocks.
Attached Thumbnails Race Opt MTS T2/T3-img_2566.jpg   Race Opt MTS T2/T3-img_2567.jpg   Race Opt MTS T2/T3-img_2568.jpg  
Old 09-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Cheers we run front spool in UK mainly but think the diff in front with such a high oil would work like a spool anyway but may give little bit more turn in

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Hi,

Please see my setup sheet for 13.5 attached. I used a .5MM shim under the RR suspension block as well.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Default More Kits have arrived

Just got an order in for plenty of new kits! Have sold a bunch so far and everyone that has bought one has been very happy with the results.

Visit Dischargerc.com to get yours today.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can somebody give me the dimensions of the upper roll bars, please?

Especially the space between the holes for the screws...
Old 10-19-2015, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've had my car since its release.
XRay plastics do appear to fit on the front at least. C hub and knuckle drop straight into the kit arm. If using and Xray arm then revised spacers will be required on the hinge pin. This way Race opt DCJ can be used with a gear diff up front.

Personally so far I had some chatter with a new shaft I installed but its no longer there after a race meeting.

I used silver springs at a very high grip track. The car generated a very distinct increase of mid corner traction. It had s very similar feel as my VBC d07 with ARS.

The kit ball cups do bind under full travel but this can be fixed with 10 minutes of work with a dremel or blade. Apparently conventional style 5mm alloy balls and cups will be supplied..

The kit can be trimmed down to 1350g very easily, the wheel bearings are great and are far more durable than conventional bearings.

I've had the car since it was released and have only just needed to re oil the shocks. I originally rebuilt them when I got the kit and green slimed the seals etc. One faulty c clip had popped of the shock shaft. It still drove awesome.
I'm looking forward to trying it out and testing changes at the Bendigo Classic and Nationals in Sydney.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
Crunchy diff (remove the shims from the four planetary gears for a better mesh), leaky shocks (the upper part), very very very tight rear belt even at the loosest setting on the cam, binding ball cups.

Once car is broken in and rebuilt, it's got tremendous rear traction. All you have to do is to find more steering and that is easier than trying to get the rear to hook up.

Only gripe about the car is there aren't any ECS/Double Cardan drive shafts for the front yet. Oversized bearings do make the car a little heavier.
Keep the shims in, just lightly sand the rear of all the gears to remove some flashing and they work very smoothly. Use green slime on the o rings.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.rc4life.ch/2015/10/18/mts...-et-remontage/

Sorry, it's in french, but you can probably get the most of it using Google translate...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.