Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree230Likes

Race Opt MTS T2/T3

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Heres pics of my current setup sheet. Car felt really good with this setup. have no idea why when I send pics from my phone they show up rotated?

I just realized i use a 116t spur not the 112t i wrote on my setup sheet
Attached Thumbnails Race Opt MTS T2/T3-2015-12-12-09.40.59.jpg   Race Opt MTS T2/T3-2015-12-12-09.42.15.jpg  

Last edited by jeff jenkins; 12-13-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:43 AM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Got my kit a couple of days ago and coming from xray i may be a bit harsh but in my opinion honest.
The innovations are great the shocks are awesome but the plastics fit and finish are shockingly poor.
The rear belt is way to tight on the loosest setting and a thin o-ring between the shock cap and body would be nice.
On the plus i found that xray arms with very slight sanding fit perfect and i believe with quality plastics this would be a great car.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

I feel that the quality of the plastics are just fine but do not have the silky smooth appearance like the xray plastics . But i did feel in some areas there was some binding so i had to break out the file to free up some stuff.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Its way too quiet in here! Has anyone else been running the car with the optional aluminum chassis on carpet?
Old 01-03-2016, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Jeff!

In Florida we are getting ready for Snowbirds, we have our next FSEARA(Florida State race)race this coming weekend at Minnreg. I is always treated as a Snowbirds warmup race for us in Florida. We have a bunch of stuff to try next weekend and will keep you posted.

The car is really gaining traction in the market as people see what the car is all about.

Hope all is well. We will keep you posted.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Great car and getting Traction also with our UK team starting to grow.

I run the car mainly on carpet and have been testing it with the 2 hole pistons using the shocks front the MTS FWD car as these match perfectly in colour to.

This gives me now even more flexibility, Great Car !
Old 01-08-2016, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just got mine from DischargeRC this week. This thing is awesome I can't wait to run it. The material, machining quality, and plastics are as good as any other car on the market. It comes with everything u need just add a few spring sets and sway bars.

I really like the larger hub bearings in both the steering knuckles and rear uprights. I was never a fan of the thin little bearing required on the inside of the knuckle when using the double joint driveshafts.

Rear diff is surprisingly smooth and the shocks are the easiest to build (no air/rebound) I have ever experienced.

Bodies from my Xray T3'12 and Team Magic TC are a direct fit also.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:52 PM
No9
Tech Master

Had my first run with this car on the weekend and wow what a great car.
I was using xray arms as i don't like the kit plastic and i had issues with all four shocks leaking badly but that was all.
The car had so much turn in and rear grip was awesome,had the rear break loose a few times on power corner exit but after increasing front droop it was good.
Took a while to get my head around the way it drove compared to my xray and only qualified 3rd for the a main but won both finals.
This car is awesome and deserves to be on the front page,it's price point and quality make it a serious contender if given the support it needs and deserves.
As much as i love my xray the MTS is way ahead in the handling and tunability department,It was more consistent and responded better to small set up changes.

Last edited by No9; 01-10-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by No9
Had my first run with this car on the weekend and wow what a great car.
I was using xray arms as i don't like the kit plastic and i had issues with all four shocks leaking badly but that was all.
What, if anything, was the cure for the shocks leaking?
Old 01-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
What, if anything, was the cure for the shocks leaking?
My cure was to take the shocks apart and use green slime on them and they have been great ever since. Give a little time for the orings to swell up but you need to be careful they dont cause binding . If they have any binding you will need to flat sand the plastic spacer on which ever oring has the bind.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:07 AM
No9
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
My cure was to take the shocks apart and use green slime on them and they have been great ever since. Give a little time for the orings to swell up but you need to be careful they dont cause binding . If they have any binding you will need to flat sand the plastic spacer on which ever oring has the bind.
Cheers Jeff i will give that a go.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello Guys

Another MTS T2 in the Forum!!!.

I have only given a few laps and the sensations are good...........this is the car for my next regional championship.

I will tell you my experience race to race.

Regards
Old 01-20-2016, 01:11 PM
No9
Tech Master

Great to see another Mts reedy to race.
Jeff the green slime worked a treat on the shocks mate thanks for the advice.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Anytime.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I ran mine this past weekend in 17.5 on outdoor asphalt (valkariarc.com for track pictures) and we run Team Powers 36 tires. Car is pretty good out of the box. I put Associated 35wt oil in the shocks and 2000wt in the rear diff. I made several changes including arm sweep but went back to the kit settings with silver springs front and back with none of the center posts installed and no ackerman shims. I was running a Blitz TSX body which is similar to an LTCR.

I put the car on the scales and with my electronics package it was pretty balanced side to side but the front to back balance was heavy by 2 ounces to the rear. I have mounted the battery to the rear so it lines up with the electronics.

I moved the 1mm shim to the front of the front arms shortening the front wheelbase and put it back on the scales. It was now only 1/2 ounce heavy to the rear with the TSX body on. It was now transferring more weight up front and this made the car just come alive during my last run. I could drive it as hard I was wanted to and it was pretty dialed in.

Running again in 2 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.