R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-27-2005, 04:52 PM   #121
Tech Elite

Peter - Just for the hell of it I called Fred and he said he did not get any emails from you today or today. But if you call the ROAR phone, he will probably pick up after the first ring. And you will get your magazine.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:17 PM   #122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have not gotten mine yet but it will come.I've gotten every one since 1982!which copy would you like to have information from?Yes it is funny that non-roar events use ROAR rules but they always criticise ROAR.Now what do you get when you win the next argument?Nothing but you get to come on the internet and compalin about it.As for changing the rules at a ROAR santioned event- what level race is it:1-2-3-4? If you ever applied for a santioned race 1or 2 you do have rule deviations you can apply for.The Florida State series Electric and Nitro on-road are 2's and we don't have any problems!We have been running 25-30 years!
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:25 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme
Carl,

I agree, so don't hate me with this next post!

If ROAR "WERE" to follow through with charging to use the ROAR RULES and GUIDLINES, could the host track change some or parts of the rules WITHOUT asking ROAR first?

But on the other hand... That may lead someone to start thier own sanctioning body. Which may not be that bad of a deal either.

Well off to the road heading to "The GATE"

God I will have 10 pages to read Mon. when I get back in! THANKS ROAR! LOL
Host Tracks have the option to deviate from the rules as the race director see fit...The rule book are basic guidlines...I've had to modify rules int he past to meet the racers needs...

I agree with you
Old 10-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #124
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
What happens if clubs do not pay the fee? Are you really suggesting to go after them? The result would be a stack of legal fees that would far outweight the $100.

ROAR will be saving $50k anually by not mailing out Rev Up. If membership dues were raised $5 that would be an incremental $30k annually. This creates an annual budget of $80k in which to promote ROAR. However early indications show that Rick will use this money on a Nationals commitee. While I understand that Nationals in the golden egg of ROAR, IMHO growing ROAR exposure would do more for everyone in the long run.
Well let me play the devils advocate...in todays litigious society, is it fair for ROAR to expose itself to a potential liability when a non-ROAR sanctioned events advertises the enforcement of ROAR guidlines...although the ROAR rule book clearly states ROAR is not liable for any misuse of the rules, why should ROAR be involved. In Dawn's earlier example, a non-affilated ROAR track allows diesel fuel and flames to be used as traction compound...god forbid a child is injuried at this event...

I feel that having been in this position for almost 2-years, I get a sense as to what ROAR members want.

They are not willing to support higher fees and they want more from ROAR as an organization...

Therefore, my strategy would be to work with the manaufacturers and race promoters which benefit from ROAR events and guidlines to generate additional funds / products for the ROAR membership.

IMO, a use of funds to have a "nationals oversite team" is important...I'd also want to see the manaufacturers taking part in the oversite as well.

ROAR national events are not what they used to be...Cleveland / Snowbirds / WinterChamps and Vegas have demonstrated this...

Your seem to fixed against ROAR promotion of national events...which is fair...so at the regional level we need to improve as well....I know ROAR has been working on this for a while...is a basic set of tools to be used by all ROAR sanctioned events to police track width, body height, ride height...etc...

ROAR does not have a standard set of props available for even the racers, let alone the track owners to use for tech purposes...this is why ROAR needs to get the manufacturers more involved in its operations and run like a business....

And to get back to your 1st point...legal fees are nominal, compared to the fines for copyright infringement...
Old 10-28-2005, 01:50 PM   #125
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Well let me play the devils advocate...in todays litigious society, is it fair for ROAR to expose itself to a potential liability when a non-ROAR sanctioned events advertises the enforcement of ROAR guidlines...although the ROAR rule book clearly states ROAR is not liable for any misuse of the rules, why should ROAR be involved. In Dawn's earlier example, a non-affilated ROAR track allows diesel fuel and flames to be used as traction compound...god forbid a child is injuried at this event.

And to get back to your 1st point...legal fees are nominal, compared to the fines for copyright infringement...
Your first example wouldn't be difficult to defend, and the latter assumes a track or club has assets worth the efforts. Not a very compelling argument.

You also mentioned members not willing to pay higher fees. Rarely have I heard that comment alone. Normally it is qualified by stating they would pay increased fees if Roar were more effective and thus they would see a return on the increase.

Perhaps its just me though. I simply think its unacceptable for Roar to further separate itself from club racing, which fees and lawsuits most certainly would do.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:09 PM   #126
Tech Elite

I guess I just fail to see why ROAR and its membership are willing to allow certain events to use its guidlines, free of charge. Any money earned would go directly for ROAR promotions. This would help bridge the economic gap and avoid raising membership dues while the promotion department of ROAR is improved.

No big deal...I'll drop it
Old 10-28-2005, 03:38 PM   #127
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano

No big deal...I'll drop it
No Carl.. don't!!!

They don't get it... these are the same people that complain about the ROAR fees of $30.00 annual, that's .08 a day... yet pay huge sums of money for the latest hop up part..... keep making noise.....
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:05 PM   #128
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
No Carl.. don't!!!

They don't get it... these are the same people that complain about the ROAR fees of $30.00 annual, that's .08 a day... yet pay huge sums of money for the latest hop up part..... keep making noise.....
....are you kidding me, lets just go race already!

Dawn, having recently rejoined ROAR I am truly wondering how and why you were ever placed into the "Promotions Director" position? What positive feedback do you possibly think will come out of publicly making statements like that? Aren't you still a ROAR rep. until 11/1 or something...
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:33 PM   #129
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I see your point Carl. It makes sense on the surface.

I, like Dawn stated, feel the membership fees are not bad and wouldn't hurt being raised say $5. They pale in comparison to our racing costs already.

I just feel that threatening legal action, charging fees, and separating Roar from clubs and events (be they sanctioned or not) defeats the goal of Roar. The $30K that could be generated by a modest $5 increase in membership fees most likely far outweighs any potential financial yeild of imposing fees and legal action against clubs, tracks, and events advertising Roar rule use. Plus it would be another thing for people to complain about, which clearly isn't something Roar needs. Actually being aligned indirectly and unofficially with major events that are well respected can't be a bad thing for Roar.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:35 PM   #130
Tech Regular

Doug has the word.To Quote myself from NW pages:

Oh Pistols,

go ahead and enjoy your retirment. Might give you a chance to slow down a bit and learn to read again. Language is contained with in (typically) the black bits on the white background, not in the grey mess you use to re-interprete just about everything. Stop listening to so much Wagner, find some nice Harrold Budd, go sit under the Red Mountain and breath some sweet air and figure out just how to deliberately walk away from all this.

Jacko
The Fog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:22 PM   #131
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ever notice the group that pisses and moans the most and has the most controversy at their events is Electric!! Ever notice that the group that is the ROAR anti christ is Electric! Ever notice the group that blames everything that goes bad at a non roar race, parading under roar rules, on ROAR!!! is Electric
ROAR ain't perfect but WTF OVER

Oh yea ROAR only sent REV UPS to nitro racers, I got mine, sent in my vote

Gotcha!!

Fire the Magic Bullet!!

Last edited by Motorman; 10-28-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:15 PM   #132
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

Sorry if I am a little late getting on this thread but let me say something to the root of where this thread started.

Peter - I am the current webmaster for the Roar website. I received the email with the new issue of the Rev-Up at 9:55 am on the 27th. Unfortunately that day I was working in a server room and didnít have my computer that has all of the Roar website files with me. When I got home that evening about 6pm I immediately updated the website and put it online.

The funny thing is after I uploaded the file I walked out to my mailbox and my copy was right there in the mailbox. In some other organizations that I have been involved they had both online and mailed versions of updates, notices and press releases. With a couple of the projects I have worked on they were not allowed to post the info online until it was in the hands of the people they snail mailed it to. Why? Something along the lines of access to information being simultaneous.

Do you remember how the old website was? How often was info updated on there?

My involvement with the Roar website has come from the fact that I complained about the old one not being up to date. I offered my services and stepped up to the plate and did something. I have "donated" my time and talents to help Roar, what have you done besides complain? If you have a comment why not post it in a constructive manner?
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:21 PM   #133
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

For anyone that wants notification of new Rev-Up being posted and other updates concerning ROAR I have created a system on the Roar website. The way the system works is as follows:

1. You enter your email address here http://www.roarracing.com/revup.php

2. You will receive a email with a link you must click on to activate your email.

3. The page that the link will take you to has a very short form to fill out. Put a check in the boxes for what you want to receive. Click submit and your done.

I have already sent out the email about the current Rev-Up. I am setting up a system that will email you the latest update if you signup after the latest announcement.

Any feedback is welcome.

Corey
[email protected]
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:41 AM   #134
Tech Elite

I know it was in a lower main, but how could a race end in under 5 minutes?:

http://www.roarracing.org/results/na...dnationals.txt

stock E
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:46 AM   #135
Tech Adept

Iíve seen this happen before. Does this not happen when the cars cross the line just as the time runs out?