R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-27-2005, 11:44 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just an observation...why does the majority of ROAR bashing come from the electric on-road forums???

Probably casue there are so many classes & products offered each year which relate to electric on-road racing??? ROAR is having difficulties keeping up.

I have a suggestion, perhaps ROAR should be charging a copyright fee to all those non-ROAR sanctioned events which tend to rely on ROAR rules?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:50 AM   #77
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Just an observation...why does the majority of ROAR bashing come from the electric on-road forums???

Probably casue there are so many classes & products offered each year which relate to electric on-road racing??? ROAR is having difficulties keeping up.
You have hit the nail on the head my friend. Fast paced, quick growing, and lately very impatient sector of racing.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:50 AM   #78
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
I have a suggestion, perhaps ROAR should be charging a copyright fee to all those non-ROAR sanctioned events which tend to rely on ROAR rules?

actually, its clearly stated in the rule book just that fact... but my view is, let 'em run ROAR rules... they are the most comprehensive and the most fair in ALL cases.

My view... in case you missed that... LOL
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:57 AM   #79
Tech Elite

JKA.....I agree...the most impatient.... Looking forward in having to replace obsolete battery packs for this season

Dawn: as I'm not as versed with the ROAR rule book as you are...I'm am versed in the legal consequences of over stepping one bounds throughout Corporate America...the problem is no-one has enforced a fee to non-sanctioned events use of the ROAR rules...PERHAPS WE NEED TO...the incremental income should be put to use for a higher promotional budget...perhaps an assistant for Dawn....

Also...when products are submitted for ROAR approval, is there a fee charged as well?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKA
You have hit the nail on the head my friend. Fast paced, quick growing, and lately very impatient sector of racing.
Wait until the use of LiPoly's become the next topic of discussion....That in itself will save tons of $$$ on having to refresh your battery inventory...
Old 10-27-2005, 12:01 PM   #81
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKA
Jamescam - my point with you is that clearly and admittedly you haven't been involved in such issues and debates about Roar for very long. You are simply rehashing bad points about roar that have been debated and bashed for months or years. With only a couple exceptions you've not offered feasible alternatives or solutions to legitimate issues but rather keep pointing out the problems which , color me crazy, is not making a suggestion but rather a complaint. There are plenty of people continually pointing out the problems with Roar, occasionally accompanied by suggestions to constructively change but more often accompanied by pompous displays of keyboard courage. I'm on the electric onroad committee, and can tell you that the issues you see on these forums are only a scratch on the surface of the potential and often needed improvements with Roar as an organization. Generally the things you'll see on these forums pertain to issues with events, not receiving revup, and poor communication. People get crafty with their complaints and present them in many forms but the majority of the time each will fall into one of the categories above. And like I've said, consistently complaining about things over and over does little more than perpetuate the bashing of the organization and the perception that all things Roar are bad corrupt and wrong. Thats not the case. I have no issues with people pointing out poor processes within Roar as you imply is the case with anyone that states positive things about Roar. I merely take one of the proper roads to getting my suggestions considered, starting with actually making constructive accountable suggestions as opposed to just pointing out problems. I also don't riddle the issue with the bashing so common on these forums.

Dawn - you have PM on the way.
JKA - Here is my take on your last post:

You went back and looked through the last 3 issues of Rev Up and couldn't find anything about it going to electronic distribution either and instead of simply apologizing for being wrong you decided to "clarify" your point. Next time save yourself a paragraph or two and simply type - "I'm sorry" OR "My mistake" OR MY PERSONAL FAVORITE "I should have known better than to doubt the all-mighty JAMESCAM".
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:04 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
but my view is, let 'em run ROAR rules... they are the most comprehensive and the most fair in ALL cases.

My view... in case you missed that... LOL
I disagree...a non-ROAR affilated track should not have the benefit of holding racers to a set of guidlines which it fails to endorse....ROAR needs to take a hard line approach to raising capital in order to improve its advertising budget and allocation of funds
Old 10-27-2005, 12:05 PM   #83
JKA
Tech Master

jamescam - Actually I've been beating that point down their throats for months. I knew it wasn't in Black and white except hidden in some forum posts here and there. I just don't get on here and stick out my "internet chest" like some of you roosters.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:06 PM   #84
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
JKA - Here is my take on your last post:

You went back and looked through the last 3 issues of Rev Up and couldn't find anything about it going to electronic distribution either and instead of simply apologizing for being wrong you decided to "clarify" your point. Next time save yourself a paragraph or two and simply type - "I'm sorry" OR "My mistake" OR MY PERSONAL FAVORITE "I should have known better than to doubt the all-mighty JAMESCAM".
All hail the mighty JAMESCAM...a non-ROAR members who does more to promote the ROAR franchise than he realizes....
Old 10-27-2005, 12:06 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
I think I could have used better terminology yesterday and could have been a tad nicer. I regret my attitude yesterday. I have normally been very P.C. and sometimes its hard to maintain that level of control in my words.
I think this is all anyone could ask for and a good example of character.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Quote:
All hail the mighty JAMESCAM...a non-ROAR members who does more to promote the ROAR franchise than he realizes....
I want to promote ROAR and to see ROAR succeed. If ROAR's priorities and the priorities I feel a rc racing organization should have lined up they could have my chest pumping $30

If you are curious here are what I think the priorities should be...

1. Grow the popularity of RC racing!
2. Help get costs under control!
3. Communicate with members!
4. Have a predictable set of rules!

In my opinion ROAR's priorities are...

1. Nationals
2. Catering to their base of hardcore racers.

I do not think there is anything wrong with these two priorities but I do not think these priorities will get ROAR to the next level. Also keep in mind that I am not the most qualified to define their priorities, I can only say what is important to me and what would get that $30 out of my greedy hands.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:23 PM   #87
JKA
Tech Master

Your handle should be "Captain Obvious".
Old 10-27-2005, 12:27 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Quote:
Also...when products are submitted for ROAR approval, is there a fee charged as well?

yes
Old 10-27-2005, 12:28 PM   #89
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKA
Your handle should be "Captain Obvious".
Still waiting for that apology but I bet chocolates and flowers will be arriving any day now...
Old 10-27-2005, 12:28 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
You went back and looked through the last 3 issues of Rev Up and couldn't find anything about it going to electronic distribution either .

I have requested ONE additional mailing of RevUp with an announcement of online only to clear up this matter.

could we let that drop now??

thanks!