R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2005, 06:58 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Peter, just curious. When Peel It held off road regionals a couple of weeks ago, did you happen to see if your name and address were correct? Eddie should have requested an updated list of names to verify racers and their eligibility to race. Did he get one?

If it wasn't correct then YOU need to contact Fred at ROAR and get the address corrected. I think a little please would have done wonders. I still haven't received mine, but my son has. If I don't get my rev up, I'll check with Fred.

I think it's too bad for ROAR that you are leaving Dawn. But it's good for you!
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:01 PM   #32
Tech Elite

I thik ROAR should raise its memberships fees $10 and hire a professional PR firm.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:08 PM   #33
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
yes, its been in several RevUps so far and a lot of talk regarding the race management team. This money will pay for a team of officials to run the national events. There will be more coming in announcements.....

as for your next post... yes, I realize.. I'm a bit frosty today in my responses and nobody knows why... well.... sorry. I am tired of the bashing and honestly, the ridiculous statements such as created this thread. Truly, if somebody has a better method to run the organization.... step up.. run for office.

but I don't see that.. I just see complaints of issues that are.. well, simply answered if somebody took the time to ask before bashing.
It is unfortunate you took my suggestion as complaining. Oh and people may have stood up and ran but the eligibility rule that was "supposedly" passed October 2004 by a room full of people that make up a good percentage of those eligible to run for VP which didn't appear until the August/September 2005 issue of Rev Up limits their ability.
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:21 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
It is unfortunate you took my suggestion as complaining. Oh and people may have stood up and ran but the eligibility rule that was "supposedly" passed October 2004 by a room full of people that make up a good percentage of those eligible to run for VP which didn't appear until the August/September 2005 issue of Rev Up limits their ability.
No, I didn't take it as complaining.. not at all... the eligibility requirements did change and it wasn't announced until late. That is true. But, the requirements meet for many people... anybody who has been a region director, anybody who's been on a class committee... its not a short list. To request some commitment and experience is not a bad thing..... otherwise we get somebody who wants to bankrupt ROAR by giving back membership fees if they vote for him....

Rick - good point. I suck at this.

Silver - thanks.. I put your name in the hat for the job..
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:28 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

what you smoking girl?
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:30 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Quote:
No, I didn't take it as complaining.. not at all... the eligibility requirements did change and it wasn't announced until late. That is true. But, the requirements meet for many people... anybody who has been a region director, anybody who's been on a class committee... its not a short list. To request some commitment and experience is not a bad thing..... otherwise we get somebody who wants to bankrupt ROAR by giving back membership fees if they vote for him....
But shouldn't it have been a member vote? After all the ROAR website says...
"Annual ROAR membership is $30. For that modest sum, the member is insured at any ROAR sanctioned event, is entitled to vote on important rule changes..."

The rule change effected the entire organization and should have been a member wide vote, instead it was passed by a room full of people that met that eligibility requirement.

But as another ROAR official said in another thread "it's done get over it". Just curious but are all ROAR folks sit through the same public speaking course?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:33 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
But as another ROAR official said in another thread "it's done get over it". Just curious but are all ROAR folks sit through the same public speaking course?
not sure how you want an answer to that.. so I think I'll skip it. Have a great rest of your week guys and don't forget, send in your ballots. Deadline is November 14th.

And, the Promotions Director job is open at ROAR... JamesCam, you seem to be full of ideas and how to state them.. contact Rick Wilson at [email protected] and let him know your interested. Its that easy.

Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:47 PM   #38
Tech Apprentice

Its amazing, everyone bitches and complains about ROAR, half of which are not even current members anymore, yet they complain when someone who makes little, if any money, gets a little perturbed and writes some non-politically correct sentances.
Nice.

Good luck Dawn.

NH
HMS_Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:56 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:
yes, its been in several RevUps so far
I just checked the last 3 issues of Rev Up and nothing was mentioned about it going to email distribution. Let me know if I overlooked it but to me it seems like another example of poor ROAR communication.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:16 PM   #40
Tech Initiate

jamescam,
if you succeed in destroying ROAR, do you think it will help or hurt our hobby? where i race, regional events draw some of the larger crowds for races, onroad or offroad.

burbs,
im not too familiar with 1/10 scale oval but i do some 1/12 oval racing. having an underweight 1/12 oval car is near impossible (or at least very rare). ask the tech guy at snowbirds, hes seen more oval cars on a scale than anyone.
tfirsching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:27 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfirsching
jamescam,
if you succeed in destroying ROAR, do you think it will help or hurt our hobby? where i race, regional events draw some of the larger crowds for races, onroad or offroad.
Show me where I said ROAR should be destroyed? I have posted suggestions on improving ROAR in this and other recent threads. Go improve your reading comprehension then come back and participate.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:34 PM   #42
Tech Regular

the subject of this thread is about roar elections and how they get or don't get the ballots out to the members. If you aren't a member why are you complaining about something that only affects members? if it was about roar rules or races i understand why non members are concerned and have an interest. this thread is about elections. why don't you start another roar bashing thread like the many on this site and others and let this one stay with the members?
sedanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:53 PM   #43
Tech Legend

The score thus far....

Pete 0
Dawn 2

Slapping um silly !
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:55 PM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

tho she came across a bit harsh on this thread, I think its a big loss for roar and its members that she is leaving, I cant think of any one from roar that has spent more time (or any time) answering questions and explaining roar policies and procedures, cant say I blame her, but I hate to see her go.......
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:03 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanaddict
the subject of this thread is about roar elections and how they get or don't get the ballots out to the members. If you aren't a member why are you complaining about something that only affects members? if it was about roar rules or races i understand why non members are concerned and have an interest. this thread is about elections. why don't you start another roar bashing thread like the many on this site and others and let this one stay with the members?
Ironic that you call the thread titled "ROAR, your incompetence is showing again..." a thread about elections as apposed to the other thread on page 1 entitled "ROAR Elections"