R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
That came DIRECTLY from the OVAL CLASS committee, BTW. You might want to contact Kenny Bergschultz for further information as to the reasoning to this.

1 oz for 10th scale, and 2 for 12th.. is what kenny said
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:55 PM   #17
Tech Master

Quote:
no idea who told you that.....

I will get a direct explanation from Kenny and let you know. They added 2 ounces to the cars, from my understanding, because the cars already wiegh that anyway. Its an addition to the minimum, not the maximum... how I understood it.

if your refering to oval cars, that is not true.. 90% of the racers i race with have to add 1-4 oz of lead already... i had to add 3.5 oz. i do not use small electronics either.. i use steel screws ect.. i try to get weight without lead.. so by this rule im going to have to ad another stick of lead, it makes no sense..

i just dont understand why roar doesnt agree to agree with the other sanctioning bodies.. this makes things much simpler.. These silly rule changes are why people dont run roar races like they use to.. why would we (oval racers) want to go to a roar nats with goofy rules, when we can do a norrca or arcor race and have the rule exactly how they have been run locally for years..

Us racers were actually looking forward to the added weight of the new cells.. WHY.. because we could take a little lead off of our cars.. Lead does not slow the cars down.. the only way to slow us down is to stop the progression of new products.. we get faster as tecnology lets us.. not by the weight of our cars
Old 10-26-2005, 05:55 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you don't like ROAR or how they do things, Don't Support them. There is better things in life to worry about other then Radio Control Organizations that are just here to Volunteer they're time, So you can Have some Organization/Rules to follow at the Track. You act like they are Bush's or Something....
dmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:59 PM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatter
If you don't like ROAR or how they do things, Don't Support them. There is better things in life to worry about other then Radio Control Organizations that are just here to Volunteer they're time, So you can Have some Organization/Rules to follow at the Track. You act like they are Bush's or Something....

Most tracks suport roars rules.. so it does effect us and we will have continue to have discussions on it..
Old 10-26-2005, 06:28 PM   #20
Tech Master

Quote:
LOL

BECAUSE this one has the ballot in it and we can't accept print off's from the computer as a ballot.... there was thought behind it... strange, you didn't bother to ask before you threw out your negative crap.

Usually, we get you guys pissing and moaning that a month isn't enough time to get your ballot and mail it in.. now you bitch because the .pdf version isn't on there quick enough???

Wow... amazing the time people have to think of things... LOL
I'm in Hospitality Management. In fact I am a manager who gets sent to training all the time regarding wording and being respected. (I have a really anal personel manager)
Dawn Sanchez, I'm not sure if you are related to Roar or are high up in the chain. (regional etc..)
However, you sound like you are and if you do represent Roar, your not going to get anywhere saying things like "Negative Crap", "Pissing & Moaning".
Ragrdless of what people are saying to you, just smile and be nice.
If you came on and respectfully put all the reasoning behind the elections, people will listen. Posting the way you are, you just fuel the flamers who take your negative tone and run with it. If anybody spoke like that on a job to their customers, they would definitely get fired or repremanded.
I know, this is just a toy car santioning body. No big deal.
However tone is everything, especially in these sensative boards. After reading all your posts, it made sense.
This year we could not do it, next time we will. Period.
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:30 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Quote:
Those who don't want the computer will be able to request a ballot mailed to them but it might take a bit more time.
You left out the part where they most likely won't get it.

I have been an on and off member of ROAR for a long time and not once have I ever seen a "Rev-Up". I hear they are nice though.
Nick-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
Not sure if a ROAR number matters. At our offroad Region 2 race we had guys out of Region winning (nothing happend other than somehow he is given credit for the win) guys using old numbers so they don't have to pay the ROAR membership, and can't even get a ROAR region 2 director to show for the race. How can we expext the voting to be any better!!!!!

Its assame over the years this has happened.
Out of region racers are approved by the two effected region directors. In the eligibility part of the ROAR Rule book.

As for the ROAR memberships, the race held at the Tiltyard during the series did have several people without current memberships and they were not given their points for their finishes.

The region director is not required to attend every single event in their region. That would be too expensive as those costs come from the region director's pocket. This is why there are two assistants. At the series racing in region 2, the assistant off road director did attend.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:39 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
if only offical "printed-by-ROAR' versions of the ballot will be allowed, then dawn, heres my address, see to it that i recieve one.

Peter Robinson
1107 86th Ave. NE
Everett, WA 98205

when someone or some group of people (like ROAR) says they are going to do something (like put the Rev-Ups online, or mail you Rev-Up as part of your membership) is it to much to ask that they keep their word by doing what they say they are going to do??? i guess it is...

go ROAR! go go go... go ROAR!

Peter, last I checked, I am not your secretary. You can email Fred Hohwart at [email protected] to verify your address. RevUp's were mailed last week. I received mine today.

When ROAR says they are going to go online... I ask you.. have we not? So, your upset the online version of RevUp isn't there right now? I purposely did that until the RevUps were received in the mail. I'm not sure what the problem is.

RevUp was mailed bimonthly. I would recommend you check out the new website and include your email address in the sign in sheet so you are notified when the new one is posted.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:40 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbs
1 oz for 10th scale, and 2 for 12th.. is what kenny said

I believe that is accurate. I don't have my notes handy. Kenny and the committee made that recommendation and the Excomm ratified the request.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:41 PM   #25
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
and this...

already done...

after this mailed out RevUP - it will be only available online. You might want to check out the website and sign up your email address so you will be notified of when the new one is available.
Dawn -

That is good news and out of the box thinking on ROAR's part! Was this previously announced? I didn't see it in any of the posted Rev Up's but I may have missed it. Also as this frees up a good amount of expenses has ROAR announced where these dollars will be invested? I would caution ROAR to be very pro-active and public about their thinking in those regards.

James
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
LOL

BECAUSE this one has the ballot in it and we can't accept print off's from the computer as a ballot.... there was thought behind it... strange, you didn't bother to ask before you threw out your negative crap.

Usually, we get you guys pissing and moaning that a month isn't enough time to get your ballot and mail it in.. now you bitch because the .pdf version isn't on there quick enough???

Wow... amazing the time people have to think of things... LOL
I continue to be amazed at how ROAR officials respond in a public forum full of members and potential members.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydo
I'm in Hospitality Management. In fact I am a manager who gets sent to training all the time regarding wording and being respected. (I have a really anal personel manager)
Dawn Sanchez, I'm not sure if you are related to Roar or are high up in the chain. (regional etc..)
However, you sound like you are and if you do represent Roar, your not going to get anywhere saying things like "Negative Crap", "Pissing & Moaning".
Ragrdless of what people are saying to you, just smile and be nice.
If you came on and respectfully put all the reasoning behind the elections, people will listen. Posting the way you are, you just fuel the flamers who take your negative tone and run with it. If anybody spoke like that on a job to their customers, they would definitely get fired or repremanded.
I know, this is just a toy car santioning body. No big deal.
However tone is everything, especially in these sensative boards. After reading all your posts, it made sense.
This year we could not do it, next time we will. Period.

Sorry for the tone... in the three years I've been a ROAR official, I've been the most politically correct person out there and get bashed. Then, I answer a question, get bashed.... sorry, the warm fuzzies got cold.

You are correct. I'll add more smileys to my posts.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:46 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
Dawn -

That is good news and out of the box thinking on ROAR's part! Was this previously announced? I didn't see it in any of the posted Rev Up's but I may have missed it. Also as this frees up a good amount of expenses has ROAR announced where these dollars will be invested? I would caution ROAR to be very pro-active and public about their thinking in those regards.

James

yes, its been in several RevUps so far and a lot of talk regarding the race management team. This money will pay for a team of officials to run the national events. There will be more coming in announcements.....

as for your next post... yes, I realize.. I'm a bit frosty today in my responses and nobody knows why... well.... sorry. I am tired of the bashing and honestly, the ridiculous statements such as created this thread. Truly, if somebody has a better method to run the organization.... step up.. run for office.

but I don't see that.. I just see complaints of issues that are.. well, simply answered if somebody took the time to ask before bashing.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:50 PM   #29
Tech Elite

BTW - this will make ya'll happy..

I submitted my resignation on September 1 to be effective 12/31/2005.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:55 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Quote:
Peter, last I checked, I am not your secretary. You can email Fred Hohwart at [email protected] to verify your address. RevUp's were mailed last week. I received mine today.
In a seperate thread I mentioned the position of PR Director should be Vote In and Dawn here shows a perfect example of why