R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-31-2005, 12:31 AM   #166
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
I spent just over $3,000 on the R/C Industry this year but you are right I am just another one of those people bitching and hurting the r/c industry.
Ugh I didnt want to get in an argument. I mean "hurting it" as in people might read these forums and decide not to start racing or get into the hobby at all . That's how it's hurting the industry.

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:54 AM   #167
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub
Ugh I didnt want to get in an argument. I mean "hurting it" as in people might read these forums and decide not to start racing or get into the hobby at all . That's how it's hurting the industry.
Do you really think people reading this forum are considering whether or not to jump into the hobby. This board is for those that are, as they say, HOOKED ON THE CAT!

Now that right there is funny, I dont care who you are!
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:03 AM   #168
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Chad I read your responses and they are totally out of line.The race did not favor anyone. It was a fair race for all.If there were any problems there were discussed and solved before the actual racing started in my trailer .
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:50 AM   #169
Tech Regular

James , Your wrong about ROAR's focus . The only reason they put alot into the Nats , is because the track owners are resonsible for promoting races the other 362 days a year . ROAR is not some kind of Gestapo that tell me how to run me events all year long , but they are very active in the Nats to try to ensure it will be well run , and run by the rules . Its funny how when something is wrong with a race , you guys jump ROAR , but when things go good , the track promoter gets a pat on the back . Dont get me wrong , i appreciate the compliments for all the work our crew put in to our race , but i think we should have been accountable if things we not so good . What others , " Chad Capece " is complainig about , is exactley what i am talking about , he is bashing ROAR for what was my responsibility !!!!
Speedlinehobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:14 AM   #170
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Chad - Wow!...Torrential rains all week and Speedline doesn't skip a beat! Their Tech was awesome, heck I had to re-trim my wing a thousand times before it was legal... Joe’s crew was extremely helpful in Tech and DID NOT favor the Factory drivers! Yet your ing about your E-Main run three weeks later.... Come on man!
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:23 AM   #171
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
I think the travel expense is what makes it difficult for non factory drivers to attend.
Michael Abraira
Butter
Butter - I couldn't agree more! I think attendance would increase if ROAR would limit practice or do away with "Open Practice" days. This is what I love about Cleveland and Vegas, everyone is limited to practice heats on the new track layout otherwise the track is closed!
Old 10-31-2005, 06:40 AM   #172
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCHEATULOSE
wow! in all my years of racing and dealing with reps from roar...dawn is at the top of my list for someone easy to deal with and she shows great interest in these little cars and the big kids who race them for bowling trophies. dawn deserves better guys!

#1 i am willing to pay 50.00 a year for roar IF they would provide a tech dept,a lap top with a data base and timing and scoring system installed on it and used for all national level events. tech includes someone with a knowledge of the rules and is willing to inforce them fairly.

#2 please keep the battery program you have now in place and inforced. i love knowing that once a year new cells can be introduced. this eliminates the worry of buying different batteries mid year.

#3 please do away with the 5 page rev up that everyone complains about. we all have computers or we all have access to a computer even if it's in a public library.

#4 make the registered roar tracks be responsible for submitting race results and articles of interest. let the tracks promote there tracks on a roar web-site. but please keep the web site up to date and fun to visit. roar member or not! stop fencing out those who may want to be a member but have no idea what roar is.

#5 please stop changing rules every other month. unless something crazy pops up start the year with a set of rules and stick to them for an entire year. and please keep oranges racing with oranges and the apples with apples.

#6 when looking for tracks to host a national event maybe it's time to start looking at the track and the area and what it has to offer outside of racing? regional events should have more of an impact on a local level. the nationals need to be in populated areas with the family in mind as well as providing something to do when the race day is over.

how does roar compete with the snowbirds and cleveland? what do these races provide that roar does not? 90% of the r/c manufactures try to comply with roar rules, but the largest races are not roar races? what happens when 90% of the r/c companies ignore roar rules and build new motors and batteries every month? when does the hobby get too damn expensive for the avg racer? i think if you let the inmates run the asylum the avg racer will not be able to afford new batteries and motors each month... so yeah roar is the devil today...but there could be larger problems on the horizon if there isn't a organization like roar to impose guidlines and rules for the racer and the manufacturer alike.

i like roar providing rules and regulations and i'm glad there there!

BUT i can't stand rules imposed weeks before a national and allowing motors with two completely different rules racing for a title head to head. i can't stand the fence they throw up when they get heat for why they did something. i can't stand the cheesy rev up issue that arrives 2 months late with nothing in it. national events being run by a different tech dept and official at every race. knee jerk decisions on rules... and the people who are in the firing line day in and day out are the ones in our regions and there not paid squat!

region directors should attend as many races as they can and there job description should be laid out for them. promote roar / sign up new members/ answer questions related to roar and be compensated for there efforts.

50.00 i want
a kick ass web site
a roar tech dept that goes to the national events
a scoring system and data base provided by roar at national events
a national event in a area that provides things to do outside of racing
regional directors who are paid and provide knowledge and guidance
a set of rules each year that don't change race to race
send the rule books to the tracks and keep a copy of the rules on the web site. the rule book changes every year, by the time i get a copy it's out of date. save that money from rev up and the rule book and put it to good use!
instead of forcing the racer to join roar you guys need to make it so we want to join roar. look at what makes the non sanctioned races popular and learn from them.

now i'm sure track owners want things as well......i only know what i want,lol.

my grammar stinks and my spelling realy shows you all what i did in 8th grade. lol thanks bill

oh and i found out most of this the hard way...i try my best to run a oval series in florida and i think i made all those mistakes my first year and than some! and i thought i knew everything! man am i learning alot form running only 6 races a year! year two hase been alot better and the attendance is growing. thats a good thing!
A well thought out post....thanks
Old 10-31-2005, 06:43 AM   #173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedlinehobbie
Chad , im not sure what your flappin lip for . I dont know why your race time was 4:59 , you should have checked the sheet after your race and brought it to my attention . As for not treating everyone equal , me and you now have a problem !!!!! I busted my a$$ to make this race fun and fair . Cars were teched in all mains , and even your " lower main" . And yes , even batteries were teched . And as for treating the factory guys better than others , thats BS . I am harder on them because I expect more out of them because they should know better !!!!!!! And one more thing , the track was never available to anyone for practice unless it was available to everyone . Thats the biggest line of BS ive seen in a long time .

And just to set the record straight , I am responsible for what happened at Speedline , Good or bad . Racers are quick to jump on ROAR about anythjing they have a problem with . Most things ive seen guys whine about , is ultimately the host track responsibility !!!!!

If you have any other problems , please feel free to let me know .
Thanks for setting the record straight...without it I would have and anyone else reading Chad's post would have had a tainted version of what happened...
Old 10-31-2005, 07:55 AM   #174
RLS
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Torrential rains all week and Speedline doesn't skip a beat! Their Tech was awesome, heck I had to re-trim my wing a thousand times before it was legal... Joe’s crew was extremely helpful in Tech and DID NOT favor the Factory drivers!
Absolutely!! The ROAR Nat's at Speedline was an exemplary race especially given the weather. I personally had a nightmare raceweek, but I was certainly treated fairly and teched thoroughly,(and only had to trim my touring wing about 30 times ). I'm sure there were some minor issues but I don't see how anyone can seriously be negative about the running of that race.

Quote:
I think attendance would increase if ROAR would limit practice or do away with "Open Practice" days. This is what I love about Cleveland and Vegas, everyone is limited to practice heats on the new track layout otherwise the track is closed!
I agree in that I much prefer practice heats over open practice. However I don't like the idea of rules mandating how much practice. Each major race has it's own 'character' and should have the flexibility to make changes for improvement. For example, recently the Cleveland race has added practice heats on Wednesday of the event and in my opinion that has added another positive to an already great race!
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:17 AM   #175
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS
I agree in that I much prefer practice heats over open practice. However I don't like the idea of rules mandating how much practice. Each major race has it's own 'character' and should have the flexibility to make changes for improvement. For example, recently the Cleveland race has added practice heats on Wednesday of the event and in my opinion that has added another positive to an already great race!
RLS - Good point! I think "Practice Heats" are definitely more structured and organized. You’re totally right about having flexibility, especially in situations of weather.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:34 AM   #176
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug D
Butter - I couldn't agree more! I think attendance would increase if ROAR would limit practice or do away with "Open Practice" days. This is what I love about Cleveland and Vegas, everyone is limited to practice heats on the new track layout otherwise the track is closed!
I went to the Vegas IIC just as a spectator and the practice thing was interesting.

I had a couple friends racing that had NEVER driven on a carpet track. So they got 2 or 3 chances to learn how to drive and test their cars before qualifing. They also had like 6 hours between practice heats. One of the guys broke in 2 practice heats, now that sucked to be him.

I understand that with the amount of people at those races if you didnt have controlled practice the track would be a mad house!
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:12 PM   #177
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
All of ROAR's focus seems to be on Nationals which, to me, translates into catering to Factory Drivers. How do I come to that statement? Just look at the registration list for a National Event.

I in NO way suggested that ROAR is catering to the Factory Drivers and DO NOT use my post to try and get your point across
Old 10-31-2005, 09:51 PM   #178
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Welte
I in NO way suggested that ROAR is catering to the Factory Drivers and DO NOT use my post to try and get your point across
Apparently you missed the part of my message where I said "WHICH TO ME". Now take your flames and go light a pumpkin.
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:53 PM   #179
Tech Regular

^^^^^ lmao

classic!
loopedeloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:43 PM   #180
Tech Elite

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

hey Mr cam ponder on this for awhile

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote