R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-30-2005, 06:30 PM   #151
Tech Elite

hahaha to everyone. I must have been right about something, b/c why else would ya'll take it so personally.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:52 PM   #152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Actually you are right about nothing...no big surprise there. The reason people "take it personally" is because people like you are exactly what is hurting this hobby..among other things.

Why don't you quit your whining and drop it....perhaps some practice would be in order so that next time you can win the E-main.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:58 PM   #153
Regional Moderator

Default Chad

Hey, E-main crybaby, do us all a couple of favors : Think before you type, don't run anymore ROAR events, and next time, FINISH the lap you are on..... Wow, 2400 posts.....shows you need yet another hobby
Mark Mixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:13 PM   #154
Tech Elite

ya'll are hilarious it is amazing how ya'll can selectively read my post. Anyway, have fun with the bash thread, I'm out
Old 10-30-2005, 08:30 PM   #155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCHEATULOSE
#5 please stop changing rules every other month. unless something crazy pops up start the year with a set of rules and stick to them for an entire year. and please keep oranges racing with oranges and the apples with apples.
DING! DING! DING! We have a winner.

I completely agree with UCHEATULOSE' whole post. This is exactly what a "national" sanctioning body should be.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:44 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

WOW I've never seen Mark Mixon mad

Chad- the reason we didn't really like you're coments is because Joe (of Speedline Hobbies) is a pretty good guy and always run a good race. So you come on here and insinuate that he ran a unfair race (favoring local ) you're taking a shot at a freind of mine, Butters,Marks, etc..... Maybe thats why we get bent out of shape. I've seen and read a bunch of your posts on different threads and it really seems you've got big opinions with little knowledge.

Glad you droped it
Roly
Old 10-30-2005, 09:03 PM   #157
Tech Elite

Roly, I'll admit, I probably assumed that it was favoritism, when anybody could have done it. This wasn't about Joe and Speedline, it was that ROAR didn't step in. I assumed that ROAR oversaw the races, and the track ran the event. Now I've learned that the track runs everything, and ROAR just makes sure the track knows the rules and everyone is a member (for insurance purposes). LMK if that is a correct evaluation.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:27 PM   #158
Tech Fanatic

Dawn, Sorry to see you go. When I agreed to host the Region 12 Electric On-Road Champs. in 04, Dawn is the one who came to my rescue when my Regional Director left me out in the cold. Dawn gave me all of her contact info. and told me to call her at any time if I needed help. With out Dawn's help our race would not have been as succesfull as it was. So I want to thank her for all her hard work.

Now I have just one comment on the negitive side. When I asked about help on promoting our regional I was informed that ROAR does not promote at a regional level only at a national level. To me this did not make sense, I feel that you can draw in more new members at a regional level ( more novice and first timers ) verses a national level where most already have memberships. I could be wrong, just my 2 cents.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:28 PM   #159
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Chad, your pretty close on the way it is run today, Hopfully in the near future we will have a team of people that will be more involved in the running of the Nats ( from the ROAR side).

I have to echo the comments about Joe. He runs a fair race....
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:42 PM   #160
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Welte
Now I have just one comment on the negitive side. When I asked about help on promoting our regional I was informed that ROAR does not promote at a regional level only at a national level. To me this did not make sense, I feel that you can draw in more new members at a regional level ( more novice and first timers ) verses a national level where most already have memberships. I could be wrong, just my 2 cents.
All of ROAR's focus seems to be on Nationals which, to me, translates into catering to Factory Drivers. How do I come to that statement? Just look at the registration list for a National Event.
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:08 PM   #161
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats got to be the dumbest thing I ever read.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:09 PM   #162
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

JamesCam- Well, at this years on-road nats there were alot of local drivers as well non "factory" guys. I think what happens is that you see the same names over and over again at most of the major events and it seems as though no one else attends. At all of the major races I attend yearly there is always a large turnout of local drivers and non factory guys.

I think the travel expense is what makes it difficult for non factory drivers to attend.

My .02

Michael Abraira
Butter
Old 10-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #163
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What amazes me is how much time you guys spend bitching on this forum about things and not actually doing something to help the r/c industry, youre just hurting it .

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:56 PM   #164
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub
What amazes me is how much time you guys spend bitching on this forum about things and not actually doing something to help the r/c industry, youre just hurting it .
I spent just over $3,000 on the R/C Industry this year but you are right I am just another one of those people bitching and hurting the r/c industry.
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:03 AM   #165
Tech Legend

Yeah Know ?

I Really Hate It When....

"Roar Dudes",R bitching about "dudes", bitching bout Roar.....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 10-31-2005 at 12:13 AM.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote