R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Tweak question Touring

Hello,

I notice that my car is completely out of tweak.

I made some progress by following Gilles Grosskamps video on tweaking the car but it still is out of tweak; it got better but it still could be better.

I'm wondering; when you are screwing down the top plate (I have a TC6.2) or the bearing cap etc; if you are finding one part of the car is pulling the car out of tweak, do you perhaps screw down some screws tighter than others? or are every screw equally tight and when you tighten them it is in order; ie top plate then bearing cap then shock towers.

I am just curious where the car could be pulled out of tweak. I am wondering if tightening things up slowly and methodically is the way to go instead of following some sort of routine. Maybe a fully tweaked car is chasing the dragon.

I have RSD lite weight arms and Perhaps the shimming job I did could be better and more fluid; maybe that is where the issue is.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

When I put the car together I drop all the transmission parts together loosely. Just so the coubtersinks are seated but still allow a little movement with effort. Ill twist the car in my hands and check it for flatness on the board. Tighten top plate down a little bit. Repeat.
Ill also pull the belts to feel for binding/smoothness, wiggle bulkheads where nessisary.

Basically I start at the top and work down with the bottom bulkhead screws being last.
His video describes it pretty well.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote