R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-29-2005, 08:14 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNSTABLE
You hear all the time, it's not the car it's the driver.
We were talking about it at racing last night, in our team we have a JRX-S, a BMI TC4, HPI Pro-4 and a TC4 Team kit. We were all running such similar lap times with 4 different cars that it just depended on who farted (brain fart hopefully!) first. At the end of the day most manufacturers are pretty damn good and the ultimate differences with the cars - even with hugely different designs is minimal.
I'm pretty sure I could win every race all year long and nobody would buy a JRX-S, they just aren't popular over here. Same with the XXX-S before it as a matter of interest.
Pick your area and there will be a popular car, whether it is because the local shop sells them or the fast guys run them (though that doesn't seem to be the case ) , or it's the one they read about most on the forums or in magazines.
I think that these days the average club racer will buy the car that has the most bling factor or requires the most option parts to get it competitive, gives them an easy excuse why they aren't fast
haha i like that
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:56 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNSTABLE
You hear all the time, it's not the car it's the driver.
We were talking about it at racing last night, in our team we have a JRX-S, a BMI TC4, HPI Pro-4 and a TC4 Team kit. We were all running such similar lap times with 4 different cars that it just depended on who farted (brain fart hopefully!) first. At the end of the day most manufacturers are pretty damn good and the ultimate differences with the cars - even with hugely different designs is minimal.
I'm pretty sure I could win every race all year long and nobody would buy a JRX-S, they just aren't popular over here. Same with the XXX-S before it as a matter of interest.
Pick your area and there will be a popular car, whether it is because the local shop sells them or the fast guys run them (though that doesn't seem to be the case ) , or it's the one they read about most on the forums or in magazines.
I think that these days the average club racer will buy the car that has the most bling factor or requires the most option parts to get it competitive, gives them an easy excuse why they aren't fast
Yep, I agree. For me though, it comes down to if I can get parts, is it durable, easy to work, easy to make setup changes, do parts last and are there chassis tweak issues.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:53 PM   #78
Tech Adept

What is the thought process behind buying a new car though? The clever ones look at all the little things carefully, make sure you can buy parts, good local support, proven performance on the track, then go and buy a JRX-S anyway because you like how it looks and want to be different.....whoops that's me

I guess that's why I always seem to go for the underdog, and why I hate X-ray they just seem to be the flavour of the year don't they..... I love beating them....oooooooh yeah oooooaahh (said like homer lusting after duff)
Old 10-30-2005, 12:16 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My biggest complaint is the lack of other people running one at my local track. I have NO ONE to talk setup with. My car ambles around the top five at Horsham (PA) with little chance of gaining any serious ground on the faster guys, mainly because I'm not all that great with setup changes. (I'm the guy reading the setup tips over and over again!)

Random racers stop by my pit asking wierd questions like "Is that Kyoshos new car? Do you just recharge that same pack all day?"

I must race in some alternate universe 'cause there aren't any XXX sedans either!

The first four weeks I had the car, Joel Johnson was running his JRXS at the same track. Talk about bumming a setup, I might as well have been sharing pit areas, I was over there so often. But DAMN that thing was dialed!
Old 10-30-2005, 12:22 AM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
My biggest complaint is the lack of other people running one at my local track. I have NO ONE to talk setup with. My car ambles around the top five at Horsham (PA) with little chance of gaining any serious ground on the faster guys, mainly because I'm not all that great with setup changes. (I'm the guy reading the setup tips over and over again!)

Random racers stop by my pit asking wierd questions like "Is that Kyoshos new car? Do you just recharge that same pack all day?"

I must race in some alternate universe 'cause there aren't any XXX sedans either!

The first four weeks I had the car, Joel Johnson was running his JRXS at the same track. Talk about bumming a setup, I might as well have been sharing pit areas, I was over there so often. But DAMN that thing was dialed!
Hey Greg, what was Joel's setup???
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:18 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

i dont even run all of the Numan setup on my JRXS for stock carpet and my car is pretty fast...its an excellent starting point

most people ive talked to said it looks different then the others JRXS's here because mine "floats" around the corners
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 01:18 PM   #82
Tech Adept

I'd like to state that I enjoy driving my JRXS. When the spy shots came out and I saw that the batteries were down the middle I thought of the Kyosho KX-1 and the HPI Pro 3. I always thought the everything down the middle was a smart design. Well, anyway copying is a form of flattery and with that innovations and variations are produced, which essentially are all for the good of the sport.
DIV 3 RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:10 PM   #83
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIV 3 RACER
I'd like to state that I enjoy driving my JRXS. When the spy shots came out and I saw that the batteries were down the middle I thought of the Kyosho KX-1 and the HPI Pro 3. I always thought the everything down the middle was a smart design. Well, anyway copying is a form of flattery and with that innovations and variations are produced, which essentially are all for the good of the sport.
Not directed at you, but at the word 'copying' as used on RCtech.

I'd like to say that 'copying' is a bit overused here. If a machine has to accomplish a specific task, there are only so many forms it can assume. I think as far as 1/10th TC is concerned, we've seen nearly all the possible designs.

It's only natural that eventually some car may resemble another in form, considering they're all after the same function.

-S

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:26 PM   #84
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Not directed at you, but at the word 'copying' as used on RCtech.

I'd like to say that 'copying' is a bit overused here. If a machine has to accomplish a specific task, there are only so many forms it can assume. I think as far as 1/10th TC is concerned, we've seen nearly all the possible designs.

It's only natural that eventually some car may resemble another in form, considering they're all after the same function.

-S
Resemble is the more appropriate word. And I also agree with what you are saying.
DIV 3 RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:57 PM   #85
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe

Yeah Greg but you have 3 or so guys in front of you that flat out fly at Horsham between Cuffs, Schreff, Fairtrace, and Williams so to gain ground on them is hard whether you have setup help or not. They are not your average racers.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 03:07 PM   #86
Tech Apprentice

I just got a JRXS this past week and I haven't raced touring car in a full 2 years and been out of racing all together for a good year and a half. I stuck a carpet setup on it posted from the boards and tossed it on the track, my second battery with the car was in a heat and I misssed the track record by .28 and fast lap record by .03 sec. By the A-Main I had broke the record by over 7 sec and still had a few mistakes in that run.

I'm pretty happy with my decision to go with the JRXS.
weliin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:39 PM   #87
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I enjoy driving my jrxs, I too like to be different , and I will never have to worry about my batteries falling out of the car
Bill Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:18 PM   #88
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ha, yip I went full speed straight into the wall of doom at our track and every other car out there would have spit out its batteries for sure ...But not my JRX-S !!!! I finished the race too! Oh, my speed control was loose though.
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:20 PM   #89
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
Yeah Greg but you have 3 or so guys in front of you that flat out fly at Horsham between Cuffs, Schreff, Fairtrace, and Williams so to gain ground on them is hard whether you have setup help or not. They are not your average racers.
True! Raw horse's and driving skill aside, my JRXS doesn't have as good of a balance between high and low speed traction as their cars do (FK05s and an RDX). In other words, I'm having difficulty finding the middle ground.

I wonder how much it would cost to hire Hodge or Jr for a day of testing? That would be DIALED!
Old 10-30-2005, 07:24 PM   #90
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I guess I will find out if I run my Losi on carpet sometime. Did you use the Paul C setup that alot of guys are starting with and then working from their? Did you use the new Jaco wraps (figure you are but just checking as I know alot of the guys in Horsham are). I'm not as good on carpet as I do alot better with asphalt.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote