R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2005, 09:43 PM   #31
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by polesitter61
Matt Francis sure was fast at the on-road nats a few weeks ago, fast enough to win triple A-mains.

your forgetting that was a totaly different car. it was the prototype rear motor car
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:44 PM   #32
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
This is an unbiased statement:

If it does come down to driver and setup skills, then why would anyone buy the JRX-S? Batteries are hard to solder in (I've seen belts get burnt and a guy overheated a bar which collapsed and shorted out the two cells. This would not have happened with a normal BD or SD. Also, doesn't this car have plastic bulkheads? I've seen a bulkhead snap on the racetrack before. The guy running the car just switched to his XXX-S b/c it would have taken too long to repair at the track. What about servo positioning? Is it not more difficult to set up the servo when it's closed in on 3 sides?
its just my opinion Chad,
guess what, there is nothing wrong to own a jrxs,

jrxs will elevate the owner skills into pro quickly... practice in these jrxs nature makes you perfect
- pro in soldering on cramped place
- pro in dremel works, to create important new part that not yet developed by losi, money is nothing because they didn't make the important parts yet,
sometimes... you have to make your own special parts with your own hand,
- pro in teach your friend that your decision to throw your money for jrxs is thoughtful and its far advanced than other copycat of 415 layout

bad thing is, when you have done your jrxs homework and thinking its a great car with your brainchild research parts on it,
reality in track is sometimes its hurt ya,
yea it balanced well
but lap time will never far significantly, and then some newbie passing your great car with those 'said' old layout cars... wtf..

maybe some people just fed up with those lesson on dremeling, solder, setup or do (supposed to be losi) research job that consume their time supposed to doing practice,

then we can understand why they sold theirs and look for other kits (such as previous xxx-s) that give plenty practice time than consume it for doing research job...
Red RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:46 PM   #33
Tech Elite

And that the fastest car (Baker's TC4) broke many a time.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:46 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

i think the people that are hating on the JRXS are the ones that cant really drive it very well or most cars to be more blunt
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:17 PM   #35
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
i think the people that are hating on the JRXS are the ones that cant really drive it very well or most cars to be more blunt
well... if you read carefully not emotionally,
you will see that nobody really hate on jrxs, some of them include myself are some of losi TC fans that just prefer losi develop the improved xxx-s concept than starting this season with 'said' revolutionary jrxs concept,

in this past 2 years, I never see other manufacturer switch motor position drastically as losi does on jrxs - in one season -, anyone in this forum...??
do you think first front motor concept are misleading, then team get lack of confidence... ??
Red RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:48 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i was sort of surprized recently by a very good driver at our track who owns a JRX. a week or two back he was absolutly flying in 19T class. i thought wow he has that JeRX set-up. i went to go check it out, since ive had interest in that car. when he pulled the body off, i was really surprized...a brand new HPI Pro-4.

of course i asked....his comment: he can drive them the same to the point where he can't tell the difference. Pro-4 is simpler to work on, set-up, and make changes on.
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:29 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

MY JRX-S was awesome from the first time it hit the track. I have yet to run it on carpet but the first time I ran it I put a tire that shouldn't have been working and the car was still hooked up. It's the most effieient belt drive I have ever seen.

I recommed this car to anyone looking for a sedan.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:52 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red RSX
you will see that nobody really hate on jrxs, some of them include myself are some of losi TC fans that just prefer losi develop the improved xxx-s concept than starting this season with 'said' revolutionary jrxs concept,

in this past 2 years, I never see other manufacturer switch motor position drastically as losi does on jrxs - in one season -, anyone in this forum...??
do you think first front motor concept are misleading, then team get lack of confidence... ??
I agree, I don't hate it, but it doesn't appeal to me either. The XXX-S design made so much sense and it was so simple. Now if only they could transfer that drive ease with a cf chassis that you could feel setup changes. That would be great. The JRX-S drive train is very efficient, but the XXX-S was not bad by any means. A cf chassis with an area cut out so that the belt wouldn't drag would make sense. American companies need to start listening
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:21 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

i think its fine the way it is
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:38 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Default Again that's just my opinion.

nothing more.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:51 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
I agree, I don't hate it, but it doesn't appeal to me either. The XXX-S design made so much sense and it was so simple. Now if only they could transfer that drive ease with a cf chassis that you could feel setup changes. That would be great. The JRX-S drive train is very efficient, but the XXX-S was not bad by any means. A cf chassis with an area cut out so that the belt wouldn't drag would make sense. American companies need to start listening
I forgot to ask you this what will make the xxx-s better with a carbonfiber chassis? My car was under weight so it can be the weight. Also I still can't see how you can have an opinion on a car that you never driven or worked on. Can you tell me as well, where the belt would rub on the xxx-s as mine didn't.

For people to say that this car is dificult to work on must not own one because this by far is the easiest car there is to work on. Unlike the Fk05 you do not have to tear half the car apart to get to the diff or the spur gear.

As for soldering give me a freakin break. For god sakes the batteries that we use now get corally conectors for crying out loud if one person can tell me that they can tell difference in performance I would like to see. Most people have so much solder gobbed on there wires and connectors the corally connectors would have less resistance.
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak
I forgot to ask you this what will make the xxx-s better with a carbonfiber chassis? My car was under weight so it can be the weight. Also I still can't see how you can have an opinion on a car that you never driven or worked on. Can you tell me as well, where the belt would rub on the xxx-s as mine didn't.

For people to say that this car is dificult to work on must not own one because this by far is the easiest car there is to work on. Unlike the Fk05 you do not have to tear half the car apart to get to the diff or the spur gear.

As for soldering give me a freakin break. For god sakes the batteries that we use now get corally conectors for crying out loud if one person can tell me that they can tell difference in performance I would like to see. Most people have so much solder gobbed on there wires and connectors the corally connectors would have less resistance.

LMAO!!!! Ditto !!!

For the record, the XXXS has a less free dive train not from the belt rubbing the bottom cover but its from the big "S" bend the single belt has to go through. Gill Jr. and Todd have covered this a million times.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:07 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red RSX

The BJ4 that won worlds had the motor in a differnt spot on the chassis with a different battery configuration. So there you go.

As for improving the concept of the xxx-s. Are you an enginner that does this stuff for a living? Do you run a multi million dollar rc company and know whats good for the company? Do you think the reason they went to a new platform is beacuse they had gotten all they could out of the xxx-s?

Look were associated is with the "improve the concept car" In the back of the pack following. If it wasent' for Baker the car would be all but dead.
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:42 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
If it does come down to driver and setup skills, then why would anyone buy the JRX-S? Batteries are hard to solder in (I've seen belts get burnt and a guy overheated a bar which collapsed and shorted out the two cells. This would not have happened with a normal BD or SD. Also, doesn't this car have plastic bulkheads? I've seen a bulkhead snap on the racetrack before. The guy running the car just switched to his XXX-S b/c it would have taken too long to repair at the track. What about servo positioning? Is it not more difficult to set up the servo when it's closed in on 3 sides?

Anyone that read this statement above and got a negative idea about the JRX-S just hear this---> I was the one he was talking about that burned his belt and overheated my battery bar and shorted my battery out at the track. But ever since I switched to trinity plugs, I have had zero problems. That is the only complaint I have about the car....it's hard to direct solder your batteries....period. This is an excellent car and I totally disagree with the above statements. Sorry Chad I just had to say it
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:33 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

[QUOTE=huskerfreak]

Ok the spur gear is definetly one of the easiest things to change but honestly how often do you need to change a spur gear? But to say that this is one of the easiest cars to work on is kinda going a little extreme, I personnally dont feel that this is an easy car to work on compared to a lot of others.Not saying that the car is bad i personally like the car more than the xxx-s and a lot ofthe other touring cars on the market,im just saying that i dont think its a car to have unless your a seriuos racer that doesnt mind putting in a little more time to work on there car to have a better car.
Josh Numan is offline   Reply With Quote