Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree61Likes

HPI RS4 Sport 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, I have the HPI RS4 Sport 3 Subaru BRZ version, and I just saw this thread and wondered if these turnbuckles would fit the RS4 Sport 3. It is meant for the nitro version, but I can't find any turnbuckles with the colour I like.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Check where the wires plugged into ESC. Had few Hpi vehicles that wires came loose. Are any lights flashing on ESC. Never had a problems with gear mesh when I had mine. Had other issues.
so there were no loose wire, but what is weird is that I had to turn the throttle nob on the remote control. If i leave the throttle nob in the center position on the remote control the car wont go forward or in reverse, but if I turn the throttle position to the right(I'm assuming this is increasing throttle) now it will go forward or in reverse when i give it gas. Does anyone know why its behaving like this? has anyone experienced this before?
Old 01-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gabe21946
so there were no loose wire, but what is weird is that I had to turn the throttle nob on the remote control. If i leave the throttle nob in the center position on the remote control the car wont go forward or in reverse, but if I turn the throttle position to the right(I'm assuming this is increasing throttle) now it will go forward or in reverse when i give it gas. Does anyone know why its behaving like this? has anyone experienced this before?
Sounds like the throttle trim dail got turned. My Savage is sensitive to that. Turn one way, nothing. Turn other way, goes full throttle.
Have a couple vehicles that seem to be very sensitive to throttle trim. Car is working ok now.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default sounds

Originally Posted by gabe21946
sounds like you need to reset the speed control... or set the end points by recalibrating it read the manual
Old 01-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone figure out the wandering issue yet? I swear it needs a little toe in to calm it down
Old 01-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RS4 Sport 3 USGT Car

I think the rs4 sport 3 is NOT a good car for the first timer! I got fed up with the wandering and just poor handling. I also got tired of the delays in months for HPI to release fixes/hop-ups. I replaced the motor with a Dynamite 17.5T brushless and put a 28t pinion in. I lessened the wandering with Yeah Racing turn buckles for the Sport 2. Part# SPT2-1150. Just remove the ball studs in the new tie rods as the ball cups fit right over the RS4 ball ends. I also put a spacer washer on the C-hub mount screw between the c-hub and the A-frame. This also helped reduce the wandering.I am running the 190mm HPI Porsche body with 3mm offset wheels. I am running a 2s 7.4v 50c 4000mah shorty ( 96mm ) battery. We run on a small carpet track and the car works now like a dream! It is not a speed demon but at least handles better!
Old 01-08-2016, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up Yeah Racing upgrades

FINALLY!!!! Yeah Racing aluminum upgrades are out!!!! They are only sold as a complete upgrade set right now. Set includes: All CVD's, steering, All A-arms but no tie rods. Those can be found in my previous post. Here is an e-bay link to the set:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeah-Racing-...EAAOSwX~dWj0Nh
Old 01-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blitteer
FINALLY!!!! Yeah Racing aluminum upgrades are out!!!! They are only sold as a complete upgrade set right now. Set includes: All CVD's, steering, All A-arms but no tie rods. Those can be found in my previous post. Here is an e-bay link to the set:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeah-Racing-...EAAOSwX~dWj0Nh
Yes!!!
Attached Thumbnails HPI RS4 Sport 3-like.jpg  
Old 01-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Was able to order my Yeah Racing kit last night. Glad I picked up the Exotek driveshaft and gear mount way back when as Yeah Racing didn't include them in this upgrade kit.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

For those not wanting to piece together their own adjustable turnbuckles...

http://www.exotekracing.com/rs4-sport-3-turnbuckle-set/
Old 01-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the link
Old 01-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good things come for those who can wait! As some of you know I have had my car brand new resting on display for 1/2 a year just waiting for these upgrades to become available. Thanks for the links guys just ordered the complete Yeah Racing kit & Exotek Racing matching turnbuckles, drive shaft, alloy gear diff & alloy spur gear mount.

I'm confident this will be a super fun basher, speed runner without all the previous issues straight out of the box.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

It's not good when an aftermarket company such as Exotek or Yeah Racing can plan and release quality upgrades so much faster than HPI can. HPI obviously has plans and has since the inception of the RS4 Sport 3 for upgrades, but they continue to drag their feet and lose money while doing so.
The Hobbico acquisition has not been good for the HPI brand...
Old 01-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wareagle84
It's not good when an aftermarket company such as Exotek or Yeah Racing can plan and release quality upgrades so much faster than HPI can. HPI obviously has plans and has since the inception of the RS4 Sport 3 for upgrades, but they continue to drag their feet and lose money while doing so.
The Hobbico acquisition has not been good for the HPI brand...

You took the words right out of my mouth wareable84. I stopped waiting for HPI on this car awhile ago and just pleased the car has some aftermarket support finally so I can go drive it for the first time after 6 months.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cudacharger
You took the words right out of my mouth wareable84. I stopped waiting for HPI on this car awhile ago and just pleased the car has some aftermarket support finally so I can go drive it for the first time after 6 months.
I honestly thought it was a temporary issue that would get resolved once the acquisition and whatever re-evaluating and restructuring they wanted to do with HPI was done. However it seems to be the way they do things now which is a bummer. They've also kind of fallen behind on their bodyshell catalog also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.