R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2017, 10:38 AM   #901
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 490
Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood
Default RS4 Sport 3 vs Tamiya TT-01

RS4 Sport 3(with stock electronics) vs a Tamiya TT-01 with a 19-t motor.

Which chassis is(should be) faster?

Thanks
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:34 PM   #902
Tech Initiate
 
Manlito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood View Post
RS4 Sport 3(with stock electronics) vs a Tamiya TT-01 with a 19-t motor.

Which chassis is(should be) faster?

Thanks
I have a TT02 with 13.5 brushless motor and some hop ups and I have a friend with an RS4 stock. We bash together and mine is (obviously) faster. But I think that with the right setup (he still has out of the box setup) and brushless combo, he could be faster. I think the RS4 has more setup oprions (shock positions, anti/prosquat, anti/prodive, roll center, etc)
Manlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:56 PM   #903
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood View Post
RS4 Sport 3(with stock electronics) vs a Tamiya TT-01 with a 19-t motor.

Which chassis is(should be) faster?

Thanks
Brushed or brushless version? Out the box my Flux version was in the mid 50mph range. Never seen the brushed version. Based on other brushed touring cars I've had I'd guess low 20mph range out the box.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:40 AM   #904
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,198
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

anyone looking for a spare brand new gear diff for the RS4 sport 3 let me know still sealed in the bag i don't need it
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #905
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 490
Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood
Default RS4 Sport 3 vs TT-01

Hey Billy Kelly; to answer your question: - the RS4 Sport 3 has the Brushed Motor (15-t).
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:25 PM   #906
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood View Post
Hey Billy Kelly; to answer your question: - the RS4 Sport 3 has the Brushed Motor (15-t).
I guessed it used the 15t motor. Hpi used that in the Sport2 models. Never ran a 19t brushed motor.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:50 AM   #907
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 490
Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood
Default

Hey Billy Kelly.
You're saying the RS4 Sport 3 should be the faster chassis?

I installed the basic adjustment parts on both chassis (RS4 Sport 3 and TT-01).

Thanks
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #908
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood View Post
Hey Billy Kelly.
You're saying the RS4 Sport 3 should be the faster chassis?

I installed the basic adjustment parts on both chassis (RS4 Sport 3 and TT-01).

Thanks
With same gearing I'd give the Sport3 the advantage. Probably not a lot. But I'd guess a couple mph difference.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #909
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 490
Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood
Default RS4 Sport 3 vs Tamiya TT-01

Hey Billy Kelly.

I changed to 64-pitch gears(34t Pinion - 98t Spur = 8.86) on the RS4 Sport 3.
The TT-01 has 22t Pinion - 61t - Spur = 7.21.

Thanks
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #910
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Default Good for VTA?

Old man getting back into racing, going to do some VTA racing, need something inexpensive, will this chassis be competitive, and durable?
JTnotagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #911
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTnotagain View Post
Old man getting back into racing, going to do some VTA racing, need something inexpensive, will this chassis be competitive, and durable?
Someone tired last year in the group I'm racing with to use it for a USGT class. Could never get it geared right. Most of the group I'm running USGT with are using XRays. A few are using the SpecR chsssis. I'm using the BSR BT-4
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:18 AM   #912
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Default

Well that sucks, was hoping to stay low dollar, wanted to stay away from the high end stuff. Maybe the associated tc4? Or a Tamiya?
JTnotagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #913
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTnotagain View Post
Well that sucks, was hoping to stay low dollar, wanted to stay away from the high end stuff. Maybe the associated tc4? Or a Tamiya?

My USGT car is under $300 with transponder and tires. I'm still off pace but getting closer. It's not the car, it's me learning racing against guys been doing it for 15+ years. One of the SpecR chassis is now running in top 3 usually. TC4 still seems to be ok for VTA. There are a few that would like to add that class. Just need enuff. I've got a TC4, wouldn't take much to get it ready.

Here's group I'm running with. I post videos from both USGT and F1

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...d-park-il.html
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:39 PM   #914
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
My USGT car is under $300 with transponder and tires. I'm still off pace but getting closer. It's not the car, it's me learning racing against guys been doing it for 15+ years. One of the SpecR chassis is now running in top 3 usually. TC4 still seems to be ok for VTA. There are a few that would like to add that class. Just need enuff. I've got a TC4, wouldn't take much to get it ready.

Here's group I'm running with. I post videos from both USGT and F1

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...d-park-il.html
.
I was just checking out the 3racing Sakura xi sport as well....
JTnotagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:22 PM   #915
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTnotagain View Post
.
I was just checking out the 3racing Sakura xi sport as well....
I've got a couple Sakura vehicle. Drift and FWD. Both have been very solid. I've read good reports on their touring cars.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:51 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net