R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree16Likes

Old 03-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #631
Tech Rookie

If the chatter only happens at low speeds are you talking dead slow? Is that not how blushless systems work? As I get chatter or what I would call the motor studdering. Is there a chance the universals are too short and on the verge of popping out? during your drifting does it only happen in corners? Very strange issue though. Also also probably not very helpful, but gremlins, any chance of those? Lol. No but seriously good luck.

Last edited by Mr Wood; 03-11-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Mr Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:46 PM   #632
Tech Rookie

I just installed a savox sc-1258tg servo that I had lying around for over a year. What was wrong with me not doing this right away. It's so much faster. And no modification this bad boy popped right in.
Mr Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #633
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni View Post
Does it do this when the car is on a stand or only while driving?
Both, but less so while driving. If it didn't do it while driving I'd be okay with it, but I notice it a lot and others have asked me about it too. This is random but is there any chance it could be the spool rubbing/hitting the bottom of the diff box?
Stoohort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:55 PM   #634
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoohort View Post
So after having this car for months, I'm convinced it's garbage. I don't know what is wrong with this thing but it's impossible to remove the front chatter. I have a spool in the front and I have universals in the front as well. I've tried everything and nothing will get rid of it. It sounds terrible and makes my car look terrible when drifting. I'm waiting on the YR aluminium kit to see if it helps, but I'm not holding out. Also the servo is absolute trash. It can barely hold the steering in place when I keep it turned. My lhs won't help me out and HPI is just as clueless. I might just end up converting it to 2wd or using it for speed runs. Pretty disappointing.
4wd chatter- most touring cars have it and quite normal unless you drop in expensive double cardan axles....

https://youtu.be/7k6G_ZXX-hU

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:01 AM   #635
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,been reading this tread closely and feel like getting the RS4 Sport 3 but i wanna know which Tamiya Chassis is the HPI RS4 Sport 3 comparable to in terms of performance?Currently i owned the HPI Sprint 2 Flux and love it so much as with its belt driven layout.I dont mind the RS4 being shaft driven though.
firstFluX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:46 AM   #636
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstFluX View Post
Hi guys,been reading this tread closely and feel like getting the RS4 Sport 3 but i wanna know which Tamiya Chassis is the HPI RS4 Sport 3 comparable to in terms of performance?Currently i owned the HPI Sprint 2 Flux and love it so much as with its belt driven layout.I dont mind the RS4 being shaft driven though.

I'll answer from a former owners view. I sold mine after 44 runs. It doesn't drive like any other touring car I've owned. I've had tt-01, E10, 2 sprint2. All sold. Currently have 4 Vaterra, 2 Apex,TC4,Serpent and XRay T4.
Really wanted to like it. But just found it flawed. What makes it look good, the body and tires, is also what makes it bad. Oversized tires limit tire choices. Standard sized TC wheels are too small for the Porsche body.
Just my opinion. I give credit to those that stayed with it. I just didn't see it replacing anything I currently owned.

Now I could see it maybe being more of a rally platform. Here the sealed drivetrain would be useful.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #637
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
I'll answer from a former owners view. I sold mine after 44 runs. It doesn't drive like any other touring car I've owned. I've had tt-01, E10, 2 sprint2. All sold. Currently have 4 Vaterra, 2 Apex,TC4,Serpent and XRay T4.
Really wanted to like it. But just found it flawed. What makes it look good, the body and tires, is also what makes it bad. Oversized tires limit tire choices. Standard sized TC wheels are too small for the Porsche body.
Just my opinion. I give credit to those that stayed with it. I just didn't see it replacing anything I currently owned.

Now I could see it maybe being more of a rally platform. Here the sealed drivetrain would be useful.
Point taken,sealed drivetrain for the RS4.You said it doesnt drive like your other chassis.Is it because the handling of HPI Sprints & Rs4 are not refine?So far i only have Sprint 2 & Tamiya FF03pro.The Tamiya FF03 Pro that i build is so fun to drive,understeer like a real FF car,sharp handling,like its so refine..it makes Sprint 2 Flux like a muscle car,overpowered,clumsy handling...it lead me to believe Tamiya Kits are the way to go but i still like to try another HPI RTR cause the Sprint Flux is my first ever 1/10 RC car and have a soft spot for HPI😊.

Last edited by firstFluX; 03-14-2016 at 10:05 AM.
firstFluX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #638
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My car sat parked for 8 months until the hop-ups became available and thanks to several on the forum for posting their problems with the car right out the box. I'm real happy I stayed patient with the Sport 3 flux because I'm really enjoying it with the modifications in place. I did go back to the stock slicks for the time being and the car sticks like glue just treat the slicks with diluted simple green & buggy grip tire solution. I'm considering picking up a second one in a few months for just speed runs when the high speed gearing package gets released in April. The CAD design for the car is all there for aerodynamics...just needs some upgrades with the steering to improve the handling. People looking to purchase the car now are in a good position with the YR & Exotek upgrades available, and yes the car needs some assistance out of the box but that wouldn't stop me from moving forward on picking one up.

Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:49 AM   #639
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Well done! Kudos!
Old 03-14-2016, 03:34 PM   #640
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I really love the bodies for this RTR, ...just wish it WERE A KIT!
seriously, I enjoy building as much as driving ...
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:35 PM   #641
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

-that Porsche w/ the teeth looks sweet by the way.
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:26 PM   #642
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
Me as well is why I went overboard in the car to make it work for my standards. The Porsche Falken lemans body is really hard to beat for a RTR.

Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:53 PM   #643
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstFluX View Post
Point taken,sealed drivetrain for the RS4.You said it doesnt drive like your other chassis.Is it because the handling of HPI Sprints & Rs4 are not refine?So far i only have Sprint 2 & Tamiya FF03pro.The Tamiya FF03 Pro that i build is so fun to drive,understeer like a real FF car,sharp handling,like its so refine..it makes Sprint 2 Flux like a muscle car,overpowered,clumsy handling...it lead me to believe Tamiya Kits are the way to go but i still like to try another HPI RTR cause the Sprint Flux is my first ever 1/10 RC car and have a soft spot for HPI😊.
It was actually my Sakura FF that really ended my time with the Sport3. When a front wheel drive can out drive a AWD drive.
Cuda and I had this same discussion on another forum. I could just see that, for me, it was going to more of an investment in upgrades then I'm willing to spend. I'd really like to see how it run fully upgraded. I base my opinions on how vehicle comes right out the box. Too many upgrades changes what it can be compared to.
I really wanted the Sport3 to be good. Hpi had 5+ years to come up with it. The Apex touring is 3years old, and to me, and better car out the box. This was my 15 Hpi vehicle. And it really put a dent in my opinion of their recent stuff.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:15 PM   #644
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
Buy it, drive it to see if you like it enough to keep it, then take it apart and put it back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
It was actually my Sakura FF that really ended my time with the Sport3. When a front wheel drive can out drive a AWD drive.
Have you tried your SakuraFF with a spool instead of a diff? I tried that in my FWD rally car and I was amazed at the improvement in traction. It can still spin the wheels endlessly if I'm stupid with the throttle, but it actually grips properly now. Softening the front suspension and increasing the front suspension travel also helped by keeping the front tires planted in corners.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:15 PM   #645
Tech Elite

What is the outer diameter of the tires on the brushless Porsche version?
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote