Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Need help with my Team Associate TC4 >

Need help with my Team Associate TC4

Need help with my Team Associate TC4

Old 06-28-2015, 09:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Need help with my Team Associate TC4

Hi guys so this is my brothers car that he use to race probably about 6 or 7 years ago. It's been in storage for some years now and decided to take her out of storage and run her. Only problem is that i don't know much about rc cars and he said to come to the forums so here i am lol. The problem is that when i turn on the car and radio there is no signal only interference making the car go on its own. Sometimes it will pick up signal from the radio but not good enough to drive because it will lose signal and spazz out. Took it to a local hobby shop to possibly reprogram the radio but they didn't know how and couldn't figure out the problem without having to leave it with them which would cost lots of money. Also the radio they haven't seen before so they couldn't say for sure how to go upon it without looking into it further. If anyone has pictures i can send them to you because it wont allow me to post them on here, Thanks.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hi.

Try looking into the basics first.

Buy new battery for your radio, read the manual of your ESC and radio and reprogram it yourself. If you don't have the manual, try looking for it online.

Make sure that the battery for your car is fully charged as well.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

what radio are you using? what electrics? the above post is a great place to start
Old 06-29-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Also you need to know if it is an old crystal radio or the newer 2.4's. If it is a crystal radio, make sure the crystals match, one will be marked rx for receiver and tx for transmitter. Also, make sure the antennae wire is fully extended out of the car and vertical as well as possible. And make sure to fully extend the transmitter antennae.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Yup battery in the car is fully charged, batteries in the radio are new and antennas are up. The radio is a Precious EX-I RF-102F. Transmitter is KO PROPO KR-294F. It does have crystals(number on the crystal is 64). Speed controller is a TEKIN G-10.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Initiate

might try a new crystals if it was in the garage and the weather got bad they will freeze and crack, happened to mine, luckily I had another set handy