Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ice Charger + 3300 NiMh Team Orion Matched

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ice Charger + 3300 NiMh Team Orion Matched

Hi guys i have 3300 Matched Team Orion Batteries which i am charging with my ice at 6.0 AMP with a top of cahrge of 500 Mah but whats strange is that when it starts the top of charge the current falls down automaticly from 6.0 Amp to 0.5 Amp is this normal an before it starts the top off charge should it reach 3300 Mamp cause mne starts the top off charge after arounf 3100 mamps. By the way just to let you know i have my charger connacted to a regulated 13.8 V 10AMP Regulated power supply.

Thansk for looking
Old 10-24-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Don't know if this is the problem, but I read this on the ICE Thread. IS the charge set to 'Automatic' charge. I think this chooses an amp value to suit the battery.

Can someone confirm this?
Old 10-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

I also have an ICE and it does not seem to put 3300 mA into my 3300s. I get between 2800 and 3000 before it hits delta peak and shuts off. I don't use the top off, so I don't know about that part of it. I am disappointed that my 3300s don't seem to take a full 3300 charge. This is after I run the packs to the point of dumping.

By contrast, I bought a bashing pack from cheaperbatterypacks.com that uses a new 3600 cell and that consistently takes 3800 and last a good long time. Thus, I don't think the problem is with the ICE.

Ira